Uh...Don't we play these guys the second game?

AU_tiger_2000

I didn't realize that South Florida had such a talented QB. Hopefully Groves can put a hurting on this kid.

Check out the link and watch some of the highlight reel plays. The most impressive to me is the seventh from the top. He is a good runner and a good passer. The most impressive is that he is a sophomore that has a good grasp on using his feet to buy time to throw rather than just breaking down field as soon as pressure comes.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize that South Florida had such a talented QB. Hopefully Groves can put a hurting on this kid.

Check out the link and watch some of the highlight reel plays. The most impressive to me is the seventh from the top. He is a good runner and a good passer. The most impressive is that he is a sophomore that has a good grasp on using his feet to buy time to throw rather than just breaking down field as soon as pressure comes.

USF is going to get drilled by AU. If you watched their bowl game, you wouldn't be worried.

USF is going to get drilled by AU. If you watched their bowl game, you wouldn't be worried.

It'll be closer than any of us want. USF is a good team.

If we don't beat them by 50 it will be too close for me, and we ain't gonna beat those kids by 50! Early in the year, growing pains on the O-line, and they are well coached.

Gotta agree with BG on this one. We should expect the USF outcome to be a lot like the WSU game last year.

We should not be alarmed, but certainly concerned. Lest you forget, our defense has a habit of making underclassman QBs look like NFL veterans.

You guys know they picked up Mike Ford too...guy is a beast.

Does this mean that Bama can't count his ranking towards their recruiting class for the 18th time?

Ah yes, beast enough to bolster Alabama's recruiting rankings for 2 whole years under Shula.

Ah yes, beast enough to bolster Alabama's recruiting rankings for 2 4 whole years under Shula.

Fixed that for you.

explain how usf winning their bowl game by 17, and grothe only playing the first half calls for AU not to be worried???

I don't remember who said it, but they said that USF would be the suprise upset of :au: this year. And I agree about them being well coached, I mean anytime a coaching job comes up their coach is mentioned as a top canidate.

I think that we will come away with a win, and I'm glad to see our nonconference schedule getting tougher, with the exception of the Tennesssee Tech game :blink:

I don't remember who said it, but they said that USF would be the suprise upset of :au: this year. And I agree about them being well coached, I mean anytime a coaching job comes up their coach is mentioned as a top canidate.

I think that we will come away with a win, and I'm glad to see our nonconference schedule getting tougher, with the exception of the Tennesssee Tech game :blink:

i believe it was espn.com like a month ago that gave that prediction....not sure which writer though. yeah im glad to see our (usf's) ooc schedule looking better as well. good luck to you.

Welcome, lgclassof00. I believe you are the first USF fan to ever join our board. Stick around and post often.

Welcome aboard. We have lots of fun with people around here who take themselves too seriousely. Feel free to join in!

Welcome aboard. We have lots of fun with people around here who take themselves too seriousely. Feel free to join in!

haha same way on our board (thebullspen.com). feel free to join in over there as well.

haha same way on our board (thebullspen.com). feel free to join in over there as well.

Will do.

I agree, they played ECU I think. That game was horrible. AU should wax USF.

They beat West Virginia last year. They're definitely a scary team that shouldn't be overlooked.

usf is a team that i think we can beat even if we sleepwalk through the game.

no player on that team has seen a defense as good as we have, and i'll put our offensive speed up against everybody they played last season as well (except for slayton and white).

You are not gonna catch me takin' anything for granted. I remember being AU getting spanked before by teams we were predicted to blowout. So, forget about me getting overconfident. A shutout will make me happy.

WDE!

usf is a team that i think we can beat even if we sleepwalk through the game.

no player on that team has seen a defense as good as we have, and i'll put our offensive speed up against everybody they played last season as well (except for slayton and white).

haha. keep thinking that way, thats exactly what we expect, and want. so if you wont put your offensive speed up against slayton and white, and our defense absolutely SHUT THOSE 2 DOWN last year, why is there going to be an issue for us against you again? just trying to see any LOGICAL statement or point you may have, because i dont see one.

it'll be a 7-10 point line...and 6 of those will be because you're at home. i see no waxing in you're future. i AM a realist however, and wouldn't be suprised if we did lose, thats what lines indicate. we shut out ecu in our bowl game other than 1 fluke td they pulled out of their rears, with grothe playing ONE HALF, so im still failing to see the relevance of how us playing ecu and destroying them translates to a big win for you.

it'll be a 7-10 point line...and 6 of those will be because you're at home. i see no waxing in you're future. i AM a realist however, and wouldn't be suprised if we did lose, thats what lines indicate. we shut out ecu in our bowl game other than 1 fluke td they pulled out of their rears, with grothe playing ONE HALF, so im still failing to see the relevance of how us playing ecu and destroying them translates to a big win for you.

Don't fool yourself brother. The line will easily be over 10....

Archived