Presidential Candidate would let wife sit in Cabinet meetings

TexasTiger

What do y'all think of this?

March 29, 2007 — In an interview with Barbara Walters, former New York City Mayor and presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani said that if elected president, he would have no problem allowing his wife Judith Giuliani to sit in on cabinet meetings, "If she wanted to. If they were relevant to something that she was interested in. I mean that would be something that I'd be very, very comfortable with," he said.

He also tells Walters that he welcomes his wife's involvement in policy decisions during the campaign "to the extent she wants to be…I couldn't have a better adviser." When asked if she will sit in on policy meetings, Judith said: "if [Rudy] asks me to, yes. And certainly in the areas of health care."

Although usually a very private person, Judith Giuliani has had her fair share of headlines, most recently surrounding the news that, like her husband, she has been married three times.

She recently confirmed her previously undisclosed marriage to Jeffrey Scott Ross, whom she married in 1974 when she was 19. The couple divorced in 1979. She said she wasn't trying to keep that first marriage hidden.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2989162&page=1

The dude married his cousin, okay? Having his flavor of the week sit in on cabinet meetings is fine with me.

TT, what do you think about it?

It was a mistake for Clinton to put his spouse in charge of health care reform, and I think it is inappropriate to have one's spouse sit in on a cabinet meeting, unless that person has some particular expertise to share with the cabinet and then leave-- e.g. if Bob Dole had been elected, Liddy's role as head of the Red Cross may made it appropriate for her to provide information about disaster response, and then leave.

I don't think it's right, but every first lady since at least Rosalyn Carter has done it. Some have wielded more influence than others, but it's not been an uncommon practice for them to sit in on cabinent meetings.

It looks like some others besides ABC are putting out hit pieces on Rudy.

Washington Post

That bastion of truth, the NYT

I wonder when they'll tie him in to the Texas Air National Guard? :roflol:

TT, what do you think about it?

So what do you think?

Frankly, I think it was a stupid answer to a stupid question from a stupid woman.

Archived