Slightly OT: AU's Logos

fearthetiger03

i know hartselle high has the tiger eyes logo painted outside of their stadium, and their uniforms are spitting images of bammers.

even more ot...was just looking at this logo site and found this one for alabama. where was this during juwan's "i need an ice cream cone"? that "ua" logo looks familiar too.... old bammer logo

Alaba_7286.gif

Is the coach a bammer coach wannabe who desperately believes he is on the bears staff?

Probably can't stand it that they are "Tigers"

Neither.

They are the Hartselle Tigers, but their school colors are crimson and white. They were Morgan County High up until sometimes in the 60's when the city of Hartselle started it's own school system. Their current coach had nothing to do with their uniforms and colors, because they both have been the same since I can remember.

I think the way colleges are so strict about their logos is ridiculous. I mean, c'mon, it is free advertising for them. You think Pepsi would have a problem with a school using their logo on their helmet? Heck not they wouldn't! Even MLB allows youth league teams to use their exact uniforms. Sine they are making money of the uniforms, the businesses that make the uniforms do have to pay a small licensing fee, but the point is that MLB is not going to try to make a killing off of the fees because they know that it is basically having their teams pushed for free also.

Apparently, colleges have not grasped on to that simple marketing concept yet. Heck, in our Hartselle baseball league, one of the age groups uses college teams, but none of the teams use any of the real logos because of how colleges do not permit screen printers to use their copyrighted material without, like David and SportsShelia pointed out, paying out of the arse for the rights to do so.

Colleges and universities can bs all they want, but they are a business and their focus is making money, not educating.

Hartselle was in our area for a long time and we use to play them every year. (Guntersville) My Junior year was the last year they were in our area and their uniforms weren't like bammers. They were red & white but the were designed more like Clemson. They had the paw print on the helmets and on the shoulder of their jerseys. I think they may have even wore gray pants but I'm not sure.

Hartselle was in our area for a long time and we use to play them every year. (Guntersville) My Junior year was the last year they were in our area and their uniforms weren't like bammers. They were red & white but the were designed more like Clemson. They had the paw print on the helmets and on the shoulder of their jerseys. I think they may have even wore gray pants but I'm not sure.

I think they have went back and forth a lot with their helmet design. I have seen pictures going as far back as the 70s and 80s in which you had the paw print and just the numbers on the helmet. I don't know what they used last year, but the last time I actually watched them play was about four years ago and I believe they were using the paw print. I am not sure about the gray pants either. I went to Danville, so the only sports we played them in was basketball and occasionally baseball. I graduated in 1991, but for a few years after I got out of the Army, I covered both them and Falkville as a football correspondent for The Cullman Times.

When it comes to UAT's uniforms, it seems like it would be hard for them to copyright. Just like Penn State's would be also. No logos, just colors and in UAT's case, numbers also.

I think they have went back and forth a lot with their helmet design. I have seen pictures going as far back as the 70s and 80s in which you had the paw print and just the numbers on the helmet. I don't know what they used last year, but the last time I actually watched them play was about four years ago and I believe they were using the paw print. I am not sure about the gray pants either. I went to Danville, so the only sports we played them in was basketball and occasionally baseball. I graduated in 1991, but for a few years after I got out of the Army, I covered both them and Falkville as a football correspondent for The Cullman Times.

When it comes to UAT's uniforms, it seems like it would be hard for them to copyright. Just like Penn State's would be also. No logos, just colors and in UAT's case, numbers also.

How long did you work for the cullman times and what years, I played football for Cullman in 92-93.

How long did you work for the cullman times and what years, I played football for Cullman in 92-93.

We use to play you guys as well. I played in ’90, ’91, and ’92. Yall beat us my junior and senior year. My senior year we turned our season around after our loss to yall and won our last 5 games. It was too late for the playoffs though. Back in those days of area play as few as two losses would eliminate you. You guys were good. I don’t know what the deal was with Cullman but they always had some big boys. Seems like your OL always averaged about 300 lbs.

I had not started doing that yet. I was in the Army until the later part of 1994. I did the correspondent thing from '95-'99. The sports editor for the Cullman Times during that time, Scott Turner, is a friend of mine (he is one of my three buddies that are UAT grads). He also got me a stint as a photographer on the sidelines of the '99 IB.

I mostly covered Falkville's games because even though they were in Morgan County, they were in the Cullman Times coverage area. Every now and then I did a Hartselle game since they were in Cullman's area, usually when Cullman played at Hartselle.

Our Offensive Line averaged over 300 pounds my senior year. Those guys got nicknamed the HAWGS! Ralph Nail was 325, 5'10".............He was an athlete :no: . Darren Kennemer was 280, 6'0""......Center

Phillip Moore was 285 + 5'11"......Tackle ( Side note: This guy has lost over 100 pounds and is now smaller than me! ) Mark Hayes 315 6'4" Guard , Bill Ballew was 350+ 6'6" HUGE MAN! Guard. Our Smallest lineman was our tightend and he weighed about 185.........nicknamed him STICK! We would have gone undefeated that season if our team had not gotten so banged up and our coach kept on playing those guys hurt! A.J. Lamar was our running back and I remember during our fisrt loss of the season, to Hartselle none the less, He was running a fever and throwing up in the locker room and they were just pumping him full of fluids and tending to him like a dead man. Half of the line could not even run because they were so beat up, But good ole coach just kept going to the well and coming up dry each game after that...........we lost 4 in a row! But I do remember playing Guntersville and Hartselle and Arab each year and always remembering that you could not lose one of those or you were sitting at home at the end of the year...............which we always manage to do after the first round of playoffs anyway! First Fayette County and then Albertville my Junior and Senior year respectively! Man I miss playing football! :football:

Our Offensive Line averaged over 300 pounds my senior year. Those guys got nicknamed the HAWGS! Ralph Nail was 325, 5'10".............He was an athlete :no: . Darren Kennemer was 280, 6'0""......Center

Phillip Moore was 285 + 5'11"......Tackle ( Side note: This guy has lost over 100 pounds and is now smaller than me! ) Mark Hayes 315 6'4" Guard , Bill Ballew was 350+ 6'6" HUGE MAN! Guard. Our Smallest lineman was our tightend and he weighed about 185.........nicknamed him STICK! We would have gone undefeated that season if our team had not gotten so banged up and our coach kept on playing those guys hurt! A.J. Lamar was our running back and I remember during our fisrt loss of the season, to Hartselle none the less, He was running a fever and throwing up in the locker room and they were just pumping him full of fluids and tending to him like a dead man. Half of the line could not even run because they were so beat up, But good ole coach just kept going to the well and coming up dry each game after that...........we lost 4 in a row! But I do remember playing Guntersville and Hartselle and Arab each year and always remembering that you could not lose one of those or you were sitting at home at the end of the year...............which we always manage to do after the first round of playoffs anyway! First Fayette County and then Albertville my Junior and Senior year respectively! Man I miss playing football! :football:

All of those names bring back memories. I played at West Point 93,94,&95. I don't know how anyone from this area could forget Bill Ballew. He was SOOOOO BIG and we were pretty small so we had a lot of fun picking on the poor guys that knew they were going to have to line up opposite of him.

I do have to brag a little, we won two out of three during my varsity years! It's gotten bad since then though, our current coach got tired of losing to the Bearcats to start the season so he dropped em :no: That was how we gaged our season, if we could beat Cullman in the opener then we had a pretty good team, if not, it was going to be a long season.

Yeah yall got them the two years after I was gone, Good ole Coach Bates could not win against our middle school! My Cousin was the starting tailback for Cullman those two years and it was painful to watch. If you knew Bill Ballew then you should see that monster now! He is twice as big as he was in school! You know out of all that talent at Cullman our senior year, only Bill Ballew, A.J. Lamar, Garlan Gudger, Josh Widner, and I believe one other person went on to play college ball and A.J. Lamar was the only one to play longer than one year and have any kind of success! With any kind of success I mean A.J. won 3 national titles at UNA! The others flamed out in the first year of playing! Oh Greg Walker was a middle linebacker that went on to play for a deaf college for a year or two, that was it! was a shame!

We had two guys go play with AJ @ UNA also, Thomas Moore (OL), and Patrick Freeman (WR).

Answer this for me, with all of the talent that Cullman has now, why can't they ever get past the second round of the playoffs?

West Point took Cullmans old area this year and it was BRUTAL!

Ah yes Bellew that was his name. I couldn’t remember his name. I went up against him my junior year. ( I played DE) I was sore after that game. When you said you played 92-93 I thought you meant seasons. You were a senior the same year as me (graduated in 93 but 92 season) I remember when you guys lost to Albertville. I couldn’t believe it, I thought the score had to be a mistake. You mentioned the smallest guy being the TE. I remember when we came to Cullman to play you guys in 9th grade you guys had a pretty good TE. (He was #88 and was a pretty good size for a 9th grade TE) He hurt his neck in that game and there was a long delay. I heard later that his injury wasn’t serious but that he gave up football. I also remember your QB got his shoulder separated that game as well and that caused a delay too. After all of the delays we didn’t get back to Guntersville until very late.

Archived