What an embarrassing cartoon published in today's UGA student paper

SouthLink02

Simply ridiculous. He does post his "reason" for making the cartoon, but how could anyone be so ignorant to think that this wouldnt be taken as hurtful and insensitive.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I'll buy his explanation. He probably did not have malice in his heart, but he should have realized what this would elicit as far as a response.

That is what someone was saying on UGASports...how did the guy NOT see how offensive this would be the DAY AFTER? His apology is a joke. He tries to play stupid.

Moron.

C'mon Randall, you would have to be a real nihilist to think this would not be offensive.

Guest Tigrinum Major

C'mon Randall, you would have to be a real nihilist to think this would not be offensive.

I didn't say he was smart. He wasn't as connected to the situation as your normal college student and he is a person who "comments" on current events. He probably didn't think. I've said things that were offensive only because of the person I was saying it to and I knew better, but it still slipped out. For example, when I was younger, "Yo momma" was a snappy comeback to any number of insults. I said it to a friend of mine one day and his mother had died about three months before that. I felt about 4 inches tall at that point.

Stop using them big words, fancy lawyer boy.

They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.

Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?

They won't hurt us, Donny. These men are cowards.

My comment:

CCTAU

posted 4/17/07 @ 4:40 PM EST

Never underestimate the rabid pursuit of the anti-gunner to use whatever tragedy in America to try and get his point across. The rest of us see it for the tragedy it is. A sick man committing sick acts. But you were so eager to push your agenda that you let decency go to the wayside. You are indicative of your ilk.

Hey, he was a dumb college student. The majority of them are halfwits.

Halfwits? You're being generous. College students are as utterly clueless and vapid as any group of people on the planet. They think they have all the answers and the vast majority of them don't even know what the questions are yet.

He's not the only one to blame. The Red & Black printed it.

Also run by students, who are also halfwits. And, yes GG, I was being generous.

I agree they are both to blame printing that cartoon it was BS for sure!

wtfbbq.....i mean, really. thats pretty wrong man, i don't blame yall for being pissed slink.

i liked the mobile press register's editorial drawing by j.d. crowe alot better:

crowe.gif

Archived