Kool-aid referred to on tv.....

bammanmr

This cracked me up!

I decided to watch the West Wing last night for the first time, swear, first time.

During the show two characters were freaking out about something and one said something conspiratorial to the secretary of state. The secretary of state character looked at guy, pointed to the other guy and said "Have you been drinking his kool-aid?"

I nearly lost it. I had to pause the TIVO and rewind. Has anyone else heard this outside of the Auburn/bammer conflict???, b/c its the first time I have.

Has anyone else heard this outside of the Auburn/bammer conflict???, b/c its the first time I have.

I was listening to sports talk yesterday on my way home from work. A Texas Tech fan called into the station and was talking about his team. At one point in the discussion he said something like "I've definitely been drinking the kool aid" and chuckled. That was the first time I have heard about it outside of AU-UAT.

Actually, it has been used for along time outside the rivalry. It is used more commonly then you think. Depends on the part of the country you are in, but it is used alot in the political circles. The rivalry just kind of picked it up and ran with it.

The kool-aid thing did not originate with football. It is from the suicides. But, we tend to use it when talking about our rivalries.

I assume everybody knows that the reference comes from Jonestown. I had just never heard it in reference to a football fanatic outside of the Auburn/Bama rivalry.

We use it all the time at work. It pretty much just means I'm agreeing with ya totally. Like, "dude, chill, I'm drinking the kool-aid with ya." You know, I agree and will blindly follow you. Like bammers. Only they don't die, they just turn into Phyllis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We use it all the time at work. It pretty much just means I'm agreeing with ya totally. Like, "dude, chill, I'm drinking the kool-aid with ya." You know, I agree and will blindly follow you. Like bammers. Only they don't die, they just turn into Phyllis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said. Like I said, after Jonestown, it has been used alot before the rivalry picked it up, especially in business and politics.

Archived