Sporting News article

BAMMERPERRY

That reminded me of a joke about a lady who's car broke down and the guy behind her just laid on the horn. She calmly goes back and tells the guy her car broke down and would he please take a look at it because she knows nothing about engines. And then says, "While you're looking at it, I'll be happy to stay with your car and continue to lay on the horn for you." :lol:

The answer is: MIAMI I was surprised a little. I figured it would be Detroit or Philly or Pittsburgh.

How about the idiot in the merge lane that stops to wait for the light to turn green?

Here's another one of mine: People leaning on their horn precisely one nanosecond after the light turns green.

Sorry. Was that you? Thanks for acknowledging that I'm number one, though.

I drive a big truck. I hate it when people don't pay attention and just drive the same speed I do, just always in my gigantic blind spot.

People that think using their turn signal for 15 milliseconds before they make the turn is sufficient.

People that think they have the right to drive the last five miles of their trip in the left lane because they'll need to make a left turn.

Cars with fart pipes. I love classic and sports cars with a nice throaty rumble. When your car sounds like a weedeater and makes even less power, I wouldn't audibly advertise. That way you can sneak up on me and I won't have hte pleasure of blowing you off the road with a vehicle twice as heavy, runs on diesel, and can tow away your house.

I'm sure I'll think of others

Personally I think this article is way off. I don't think any SEC coaches are afraid of us. Auburn owns us Tommy Tuberville is Nick Saban's daddy.

From Sporting News

SEC East will be a beast on the football field

May 14, 2007

It's a debate I have often with many people every year at this time of year -- even the punk shoveling popcorn behind the counter at the Target snack bar.

Which SEC division will be better, the East or West?

Honestly, this is like being forced to defend the merits of steak over lobster. (Or, the hot dog over the soft pretzel at Target.) But, a choice must be made ... and I'm going with the East.

But, let me say this: I think the West will have more elite teams in 2007. LSU is a legit national contender. Auburn looks like a solid Top 15 team that could be even better. And Alabama is the ultimate wild card. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if the Tide wins the SEC. Really. The SEC coaches I have spoken with all concur -- with a hint of dread in their voices.

Despite that mega-power at the top, the East will be better than the West this fall because of its quality from teams 1-6.

In the East, it's the same story, different year: Florida, Georgia and Tennessee again will be a holy terror of a trio that will set the standard. Each is a Top 25 team, and the Gators could surprise and defend their national title if the talented-but-young defense develops quickly. Georgia always is the best-coached team. Watch quarterback Matthew Stafford become a star. A coach who has -- ahem -- a sense of urgency to win big will lead always-talented Tennessee.

And then there's South Carolina. You know, I know and your Aunt Mabel knows it's a matter of when-- not if -- the Gamecocks will start winning big with you-know-who scribbling Xs and Os on the sideline.

But the reason why the East will have the edge is because of -- get this -- Vandy and Kentucky. Yeah, I know: Incredible, isn't it? The SEC sad sacks are punching back. Bobby Johnson, one of the best coaches in this galaxy, will have his best edition yet of nerds in Nashville. And the Wildcats are talking like its 1998, when Tim Couch led Big Blue to a New Year's Day bowl vs. Penn State. Is UK's Andre' Woodson the best quarterback in the SEC? Let that debate rage, too.

The non-elite teams of the West? I don't see them on par with the working class of the East. Arkansas has become a daytime drama of "As the Hog Turns" and Mississippi State remains, well, Mississippi State, though things are improving. Ole Miss offers the most hope among the second-class West schools, but the Rebs' quarterback situation could become a quandary.

What's it mean? The East will be a beast, the best it has been since this super conference split into divisions in 1992.

BEST 2007 SEC EAST-WEST MATCHUPS Sept. 8: Alabama at Vanderbilt

Sept. 22: Georgia at Alabama; South Carolina at LSU; Florida at Ole Miss; Kentucky at Arkansas

Sept. 29: Auburn at Florida

Oct. 6: Florida at LSU

Oct. 13: LSU at Kentucky; Tennessee at Mississippi State

Oct. 20: Tennessee at Alabama

Nov.3: South Carolina at Arkansas

Nov. 10: Auburn at Georgia; Arkansas at Tennessee

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=207507

I didn't know that Shane was writing for these guys! :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

You know what I hate? I hate it when you're on a four lane road and there are two cars in front of you, one in each lane. One is slightly ahead of the other and they might even trade places with one moving ahead for a little while, then the other. But neither will go fast enough to give you room to squeeze between and pass them. So traffic piles up behind them as they go just under the speed limit.

Any other driving pet peeves?

That's a HUGE one in Atlanta. Just ask John Rocker and you'll get most of my pets about Atlanta driving. :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived