Broussard giving up football.

WAR-MATT

Any of our LSU guys know what's up?

Link

Broussard to Leave Football Team

(07/24/2007) BY www.LSUsports.net

BATON ROUGE -- LSU running back Alley Broussard has decided to leave the Tiger football team, he announced on Tuesday.

Broussard, a senior from Lafayette, said he will remain in school at LSU, where he is scheduled to graduate in December.

“My heart was no longer in it,” Broussard said. “I’m scheduled to graduate in December so I want to use the fall semester to dedicate my time towards getting my degree.

“I enjoyed my four years as part of the LSU football team and I wish my teammates success in 2007.”

LSU coach Les Miles thanked Broussard for his service to the Tiger football team.

“We understand Alley’s decision and we’ll support him as he continues to pursue his college degree. We wish him success in his future endeavors and thank him for the time that he spent with our program.”

In four years with the Tigers, Broussard played in 35 games, starting eight times. He finished his career with 1,537 yards rushing and 18 touchdowns. Broussard, who missed all of the 2005 season with a knee injury, returned to action last year, rushing for 281 yards and four touchdowns on 74 carries.

I just think his knees never allowed him to get back to the explosiveness he had before the injury and he wasn't going to be high on the depth chart.

Yeah it has to be tough going from the number 1 back to fighting your way onto the field. I like the way Les Miles handled it. Too bad Justin Vincent didn't own up to not having his heart in it three years ago.

Sorry it didn't work out for him. He was always the back that scared me the most with LSU if he ever got it all together. The guy was a freak with his size and speed when he came into the league. Now, go get that degree. :thumbsup:

I hope things work out well for him and hope he gets his degree.

LSU is loaded at running back with sophomore tailback Keiland Williams, senior fullback Jacob Hester, senior Alley Broussard, sophomore Charles Scott and redshirt freshman Richard Murphy.

You guys are missing it. He left because he is afraid to play SabanChrist. We all know that ;)

Good luck to the young man. He was a great competitor and player.

I was shocked by this because in a lot of the previews for LSU they were saying he'd lost weight and was in great shape.

Ahhh, "Toonces". But, don't overuse the term. Bad Karma. Bad comedy.

Well coonass gets old since it isn't offensive to anyone.

And I hear "corndog" will get you a sledgehammer blow to the genitals these days.

He was a beast and I can't say I'm sad to see him go from a football standpoint. I hope he goes on and does what he wants to do and is successful at that. Now where are the resident LSWhoers?

He was a beast and I can't say I'm sad to see him go from a football standpoint. I hope he goes on and does what he wants to do and is successful at that. Now where are the resident LSWhoers?

I don't think Alley ever made it back mentally or physically from his knee injury. I had been hearing good things about him coming into this season, but he and Miles always seemed to be in conflict. I think he just got tired of rehabbing and wants to go cut a rap album. I am sorry to see him go and wish him the best of luck, but he would have been fourth or fifth on the depth chart this year.

I don't think Alley ever made it back mentally or physically from his knee injury. I had been hearing good things about him coming into this season, but he and Miles always seemed to be in conflict. I think he just got tired of rehabbing and wants to go cut a rap album. I am sorry to see him go and wish him the best of luck, but he would have been fourth or fifth on the depth chart this year.

Thank you.

Archived