Familiar Name Could Join us SOON...

metafour

Anyone remember Deshaun Barnes? Standout OLB/S at Tallahassee Lincoln in last year's class (and teammate of Mike Slade, Tim Lamb, and Craig Stevens)...well after originally signing with UT its looking like he may end up at Auburn with his buddies.

He appearently failed the Florida exit exam (FCAT) by 1 point and UT listed him as a non-qualifier. UT wasn't willing to wait around (they appearently got a few kids in who they didn't expect to qualify so they needed the scholarship) and told Barnes to explore other options if he had any. Barnes re-took the test and sent feelers out to SEC schools...we (along with Bama and LSU) showed interest and he decided to choose us (he really liked us throughout his entire recruitment, and he's got a few buddies already on the roster). He's waiting for his test result to come back, which should be sometime soon.

PS: WAR-MATT already knows, but expect our first instate commit to come this Sunday from a big, physically gifted defensive end.

PPS: Anticipate the possibility of a few more commits coming in before the season opens...one from a WR and another from a big RB.

Anyone remember Deshaun Barnes? Standout OLB/S at Tallahassee Lincoln in last year's class (and teammate of Mike Slade, Tim Lamb, and Craig Stevens)...well after originally signing with UT its looking like he may end up at Auburn with his buddies.

I was kind of hoping that the person from Lincoln interested in us was TJ Bryant. Not dissing Deshaun, I just don't know anything about him.

Ahhh, TJ... we were so close.

Come home and play with your friends Mike, Craig, and Deshaun.

I was kind of hoping that the person from Lincoln interested in us was TJ Barnes.

TJ Bryant.

I was kind of hoping that the person from Lincoln interested in us was TJ Barnes.

TJ Bryant.

Thanks Meta... I knew what I meant. Some of the uat fans may have had trouble though, so I'm sure they appreciate the clarification as well.

That time travel is a flat out beyotch.

It always musses my hair. Hair gel anyone??? :)

:au::homer:

I'm more than ready for some familiar name to join us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived