Lester's status for opener uncertain

AWK

My only questions and these questions are ones that Everyone here wants to know (for those in the know) is; What in the hell is going on? Why doesn't anyone know for SURE if BL's going to start or not? Who's the Slug that we're all waiting on to give the Final decision? If it is the NCAA, then we'll be waiting 'til Next year to find out. If it's our University, why not let us and apparently CTT know Yesterday....not the day of the F'n game. Someone is fumbling around and dragging their feet, BIG TIME, if this is the same problem that BL ran into during the Bowl game. Sounds like the people that's handling the academics at South Carolina is helping our Administration on this matter. Hurry Up Saturday, PLEASE.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked my friend who is on the football team, granted he is a kicker and not "in the know" as much as a regular player would be, and I asked him about Brad tonight and he said, "Brad isn't playing? First I heard about that." So take that for what it is, but I really would like to know what the hold up on a decision is too..this is ridiculous.

Uh oh... Time to bring out the chain and the pad-lock for the closet door again....

I'm in a "house-divided" too... So I understand... I bought her a new bammer shirt today for the season...so it's cool... She's even excited about going to the Auburn game with me this weekend along with my nephew.

:thumbsup:

My ex-girlfriend (big bammer fan) use to try and get me to buy her something bammer but I just couldn’t do it. She bought me a few Auburn items while we dated but it sort of bothered her that I wouldn’t buy her any thing bammer. My explanation was always, “It’s like buying an alcoholic a bottle of whiskey.” Well this will be our first season since 2003 that we weren’t dating. We started dating in the summer of 2004 and as football season approached I told her about my only other experience dating a bammer girl. Our first date was on Nov. 3rd 1990 and being a big Auburn fan I invited her over to watch the Auburn vs. Florida game. Auburn went on to loose that game 48-7 and was a combined 12-14-1 and 0-3 vs. bammer during our relationship. As you all know since 2004 Auburn has compiled a 33-5 record and it was a running joke about how she brought Auburn good luck while we were dating as opposed to my earlier girlfriend. I was talking to her recently and she asked me my thoughts on Auburn’s up coming season. I told her if Auburn has a bad year that I wouldn’t blame the players or the coaches, I would chalk it up to the fact that we were no longer dating. In all seriousness though, there were many factors involved in our relationship not working out. But I wouldn’t be telling the truth if I said her love for bammer and mine for Auburn was not a problem.

I started thinking last night, I wonder if CTT is trying to use the media as strategy on this? Get everybody thinking about BL so you can open up the passing game out of the gate and get an early lead or something.....?

On WNSP the guys were talking to someone over the phone about the Lester situation - I get poor reception on WNSP down here at the beach so the signal was in and out and I missed who the person was - but he did say that he expected to hear more before saturday and "possibly" today, and that it was an academic issue -

I've heard rumblings from an auburn fan at work about something to do with an "incomplete" grade in a class, but I have no idea if its even remotely true or not - if it is an incomplete should be easy enough to correct!

if it is an incomplete should be easy enough to correct!

The student has six months from the end of the semester where the "I" was assigned to take care of it before it rolls over in the computer as an F. If he received an incomplete from Fall 2006, that date would have already passed. Doesn't sound like an incomplete, but let's not get into speculation on that kind of stuff.

I hope BL gets to play!

wouldn't it be clear to his academic standing since summer terms ended, what a month ago? plus they've been in actual fall classes for nearly 2 weeks? doesn't make any sense to me. i met brad at fan day and he seemed pretty cool. hope all is well with him. war damn eagle!

My only questions and these questions are ones that Everyone here wants to know (for those in the know) is; What in the hell is going on? Why doesn't anyone know for SURE if BL's going to start or not? Who's the Slug that we're all waiting on to give the Final decision? If it is the NCAA, then we'll be waiting 'til Next year to find out. If it's our University, why not let us and apparently CTT know Yesterday....not the day of the F'n game. Someone is fumbling around and dragging their feet, BIG TIME, if this is the same problem that BL ran into during the Bowl game. Sounds like the people that's handling the academics at South Carolina is helping our Administration on this matter. Hurry Up Saturday, PLEASE.

Well, there is one thing you have to remember about all of this....right now everything that is being said is just rumor. CTT has not said anything about BL's status being in jeopardy. Everytime he is asked, he says BL will be playing Saturday. l of this talk seems to be generated mostly by the message boards. Heck, except for maybe some B'ham media, most of the media in the state seems to be saying nothing about it. So, all of this discussion may just be a bunch of hot air and the issue may not have ever existed.

For all we know some bammer could have started this rumor and it just blew up from there.

I agree. When I saw the video of when they asked Tuberville about Lester (tuesday i think).. and then I read the articles, its like they sort of took his words out of context of what he really meant.

Well, there is one thing you have to remember about all of this....right now everything that is being said is just rumor. CTT has not said anything about BL's status being in jeopardy. Everytime he is asked, he says BL will be playing Saturday. l of this talk seems to be generated mostly by the message boards. Heck, except for maybe some B'ham media, most of the media in the state seems to be saying nothing about it. So, all of this discussion may just be a bunch of hot air and the issue may not have ever existed.

For all we know some bammer could have started this rumor and it just blew up from there.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Please enlighten us on you great knowledge instead of posting a silly emoticon in response. You have some inside knowledge that apparently nobody else on this board has? You know more then CTT? What about my comment do you think is bs?

Fact: This is all a rumor right now.

Fact: CTT has already said several times that BL is going to play Saturday.

its not that i dont appreciate your optimism. i just think it is kind of naive to say that this is all just rumors and the issue may have never existed considering that lester didnt even play in the bowl game last year. obviously there is an issue.

fact: it has been reported by several sources that bl is still facing issues stemming from last years suspension.

fact: ctt has also stated several times that bl's status could change(from being in the line-up).

i don't know, maybe i just need to take a few more swigs of kool aid, but it is pretty clear that there are definitely unresolved issues at hand.

its not that i dont appreciate your optimism. i just think it is kind of naive to say that this is all just rumors and the issue may have never existed considering that lester didnt even play in the bowl game last year. obviously there is an issue.

fact: it has been reported by several sources that bl is still facing issues stemming from last years suspension.

fact: ctt has also stated several times that bl's status could change(from being in the line-up).

i don't know, maybe i just need to take a few more swigs of kool aid, but it is pretty clear that there are definitely unresolved issues at hand.

Probably true, we all need more kool-aid.

But regarding what will happen, most of what is out there is speculation.

I like the orange kool aid. In fact, I recommend it! :thumbsup:

Call it kool-aid if you want, but so far no facts have surfaced, so count me as one of those that wait until I hear something solid before I start speculating.

If this was being reported all over by every media outlet in state, then I would not be so optimistic. However, with it basically being limited to message board talk, excuse me for not trying to add to the fodder.

When CTT said BL's status could change that was also in the context of "anything could happen". Otherwise, he has said time and time again that he plans on starting BL Saturday. Maybe I do drink the kool-aid too much, but at this point, why would I question what CTT is saying? I think CTT has a pretty good idea what is going on and for him to keep saying that, I have to think that he does not have any doubt the situation is going to be resolved in Lester's favor. I would be surprised if CTT would set himself up to look really silly in this whole situation and if he proves me wrong, he is going to get one nasty e-mail from me. :big:

Oh, and as far as me being "naive" about this...bro, you are talking to one of the most "suspicious" persons you will ever meet. You can thank Army intelligence for making me "not so trusting". ;)

But, yes, when it comes to AU football, I do try to remain as positive as possible. I grew up around too many "the sky is falling" bammers.

Call it kool-aid if you want, but so far no facts have surfaced, so count me as one of those that wait until I hear something solid before I start speculating.

If this was being reported all over by every media outlet in state, then I would not be so optimistic. However, with it basically being limited to message board talk, excuse me for not trying to add to the fodder.

When CTT said BL's status could change that was also in the context of "anything could happen". Otherwise, he has said time and time again that he plans on starting BL Saturday. Maybe I do drink the kool-aid too much, but at this point, why would I question what CTT is saying? I think CTT has a pretty good idea what is going on and for him to keep saying that, I have to think that he does not have any doubt the situation is going to be resolved in Lester's favor. I would be surprised if CTT would set himself up to look really silly in this whole situation and if he proves me wrong, he is going to get one nasty e-mail from me. :big:

Oh, and as far as me being "naive" about this...bro, you are talking to one of the most "suspicious" persons you will ever meet. You can thank Army intelligence for making me "not so trusting". ;)

But, yes, when it comes to AU football, I do try to remain as positive as possible. I grew up around too many "the sky is falling" bammers.

So you don't trust Army intelligence? ;)

So you don't trust Army intelligence? ;)

Ha! Let's just say that when I served, they gave me more reasons to not trust their intel then they did to trust it.

We had this joke that whenever we were given any type of documents or paperwork during a briefing from Army Intel, we would would usually say in unison (I am going to use the PG rated version), "Hooaah, fresh poo-pads!". Intel officers did not like us too much for that.

Last word from CTT and Borges I saw as of this morning, Brad Lester is still #1 on the depth chart at tailback. I'm looking forward to watching him play tomorrow night. :cheer::thumbsup:

Link

# The eligibility questions surrounding tailback Brad Lester remain unanswered.

Tuberville told reporters Thursday that Lester is still the team’s starting running back.

Lester was suspended for January’s Cotton Bowl because of a violation of team rules, but the junior told reporters during spring practice that he was actually suspended for academic reasons, which are still unresolved and may keep him out of Saturday’s game.

Tuberville said Tuesday he hoped to get a resolution on Lester’s academic standing by Thursday, but that has not happened.

“I haven’t heard anything else,” the coach said to reporters.

Tuberville has said since the opening of preseason practice that Auburn will be a running-back-by- committee team. He said Thursday that the No. 1 and No. 2 running backs will get 12 to 15 carries.

If Lester doesn’t play, sophomore Ben Tate and redshirt freshman Mario Fannin would be the two rotating tailbacks with the bulk of the carries.

“We’re assuming Brad is playing,” offensive coordinator Al Borges told reporters Thursday. “We have no reason to think otherwise, and it doesn’t change our offense any.”

So, to answer your question...according to CTT and CAB, Lester will play if they have not heard anything. He will not sit.

This still seems a bit open for my taste.

I guess we will find out at kickoff tomorrow.

You are correct. And hopefully it will be resolved by kickoff. From what I was told it will probably be ok. No worries either way.

This still seems a bit open for my taste.

I guess we will find out at kickoff tomorrow.

You are correct. And hopefully it will be resolved by kickoff. From what I was told it will probably be ok. No worries either way.

Like I said, if there is no definite answer given by kickoff, I don't think CTT would even think about playing him unless he had a pretty good inclination that BL is going to be eventually cleared anyway. Since he keeps saying BL is playing unless he hears something different, it sounds like CTT is not really worried about this and does not think BL's eligibility is in danger.

That is why I have been so optimistic about this whole thing. If CTT does not seem worried about it, why should I be worried?

WAR EAGLE!!!

Archived