TI says....14-0! for bama

DKW 86

Tide Insider : Bama 14-0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: Tide football

http://www.tiderinsider.com/mb/msg/2185679.html#2185679

Let us not forget the Alabama tradition ! don 2007-08-29 11:21:09

For months now I have heard, read and seen so much about how well Alabama will do this year. The predictions have ranged from one end of the continuum (7-5) to the other (14-0).

After reading Rodney's TI update on the defensive line, and how desperate they are in, I decided to respond to my brother this way. Alabama will end the season 14-0, irrespective of the condition of the defense. Why? Because they are Alabama: Bama has traditon behind them. Bama is the greatest college team ever. Now they have the greatest coach directing the team. Saban will accentuate the positives...by keeping the offense on the field as long as possible...and play down the negatives...by keeping the defense off the field. The players will be hyped up because of the fans intense enthusiasm. Bama will score a lot of points...

Being a avid followerer of Bama football since I was knee high, I never ever go into a season believing that Alabama will not go un-defeated.

FWIW, a few years back, Rodney told me a story of a high school coach he interviewed who had lost one game in the season, and Rodney told the coach, "you had a great season Coach". The coach replied, "We did not, we lost one game". That is what Alabama is all about....

My fervent hope would be that 14-0 Fever sweeps through bammerdom like a stomach virus through preschool. The higher the expectations are, the funnier the reality will be.

Actually, west vance is the origin of unrealistic expectations. I do believe uat will achieve 1 & 0 status.

That may be the high water mark for the season.

I believe Auburn will go 14-0 this season, I realistically think we will finish in the 10-11 wins catagorey this year. Beliefs and hopes don't always = reality in any fan.

I don't blame him for believeing his team can go 14-0. He even said in his post that he can not go into a season believing any less. Doesn't mean that he doesn't see the reality. He just chooses to believe in his team. We are all homers in some ways.

I wanna see Auburn reel in the NC brass asap to shut up the turds and prove all the hard work at Auburn has paid off. But reality is that National championships are harder than heck to get to. Florida was 2 field goals away from being a 11-3 team to end the season.

FWIW, a few years back, Rodney told me a story of a high school coach he interviewed who had lost one game in the season, and Rodney told the coach, "you had a great season Coach". The coach replied, "We did not, we lost one game". That is what Alabama is all about....

High School coaches and losing?

I love seeing fans being fans, but even I think that the "because we are Bama" line is funny.

Honestly though, I expect us to go undefeated every year at Auburn. I know that my expectations will be missed sometimes but I still have that Fans expectation and desire. I just don't let the reality get overwhelmed by the fan.

Honestly though, I expect us to go undefeated every year at Auburn.

I'm with you. It's easy to feel like that in May, June, July & August. I do it every year. :thumbsup::big:

Honestly though, I expect us to go undefeated every year at Auburn.

I'm with you. It's easy to feel like that in May, June, July & August. I do it every year. :thumbsup::big:

wait did it say that Saban was the greatest coach ever?? i thought bear bryant was the greatest ever? im confused now

My fervent hope would be that 14-0 Fever sweeps through bammerdom like a stomach virus through preschool. The higher the expectations are, the funnier the reality will be.

As UAT fans unrealistic expectations continue to soar, I think about Humpty Dumpty's great fall ... the higher the wall the harder the fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For months now I have heard, read and seen so much about how well Alabama will do this year. The predictions have ranged from one end of the continuum (7-5) to the other (14-0).

After reading Rodney's TI update on the defensive line, and how desperate they are in, I decided to respond to my brother this way. Alabama will end the season 14-0, irrespective of the condition of the defense. Why? Because they are Alabama: Bama has traditon behind them. Bama is the greatest college team ever. Now they have the greatest coach directing the team. Saban will accentuate the positives...by keeping the offense on the field as long as possible...and play down the negatives...by keeping the defense off the field. The players will be hyped up because of the fans intense enthusiasm. Bama will score a lot of points...

Being a avid followerer of Bama football since I was knee high, I never ever go into a season believing that Alabama will not go un-defeated.

Nice to know that they are already distilling the 100 proof Kool-Aid... Let's encourage them. :cheer:

UAT 14-0 because Shane-head says so... :cheer:

TI says....14-0! for bama

Don't act like you're surprised. TI is the origin of unrealistic expectations.

FUN WITH WORDS:

TI can be replaced with, Tuscaloosa, UAT, BDS, BP's single wide, the cavern between most Bammer Fan's ears, and the list goes on.... :poke:

To quote the great Barney Fife..."He's a NUT, Andy."

:au::homer:

Archived