Fred Thompson to

AUman43

August 30, 2007

Read More: F. Thompson

Thompson camp tells supporters he'll announce via webcast next week

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart..._next_week.html

Fred Thompson will formally announce his candidacy for president next Thursday September 6th, via a webcast, political director Randy Enwright just told supporters on a conference call. Thompson will then head out on a "grass-roots tour" of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. He'll then do a second round of stumping the following week in Florida before returning to his hometown of Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, on the 15th. The Thompson campaign will file their papers with the FEC on the 6th, making his candidacy official and bringing an end to his "testing-the-waters" stage.

On the night of the 6th, Thompson's campaign will hold a "national home party" to rally supporters across the country, Enwright said. Having already announced his bid, the candidate will call in from the road to tell supporters how the first day has gone. Among his first stops that day will be to Des Moines, Iowa. The night before his cyber-debut, Thompson will tease his announcement one last time in an appearance on "The Tonight Show."

“The announcement and the campaign are being built around the senator’s strengths," Enwright explained on the call, "his consistent mainstream conservatism, his ability to powerfully deliver his message, and of course his strong grassroots support, which you all are a very shining example of."

"If it were not for the grassroots support that’s been out there, I don’t believe we would be here today."

Enwright also used the call to allay any concerns from Thompson backers that they've lost their opportunity in the race. “We think we enter this campaign in a very strong position," he said. "We’re consistently number two in the polls, with the closest thing to a draft of a candidate in recent presidential campaign history."

Eh. He's an empty suit and terrible impromptu speaker. He'll fade.

He just needs a good script writer. Is your brother available?

He's a radical Democrat. Hillary is too reactionary for his tastes. However, he's a big enough money hound that he might do it.

Needless to say, we always have some interesting exchanges of views around the dinner table. All done with love in our hearts, of course.

Hope Fred hasn't waited too long. This delay and his failure to embrace the Fair Tax have taken the shine off a bit for me. Let's see if he can hit the ground running.

His wife is smokin', btw. :big:

fredThompson.jpg

This was from the other day. He looks like hell. The man does have an incurable form of cancer, but it's at the lowest level of function. His health could be a serious issue.

He still comes across to me as the most credible candidate out there. I think he'll do fine. Crap, the guy has done the minimum on the campaign trail and is on the up-tick.

I wasn't excited about how long he took, but I think that the current Dem candidates have worn on enough people to keep the Republicans in the running.

JMHO....

Archived