USC

Boonan

So for some idiot reason I clicked on the Read Comments link at the bottom of an article on ESPN's site talking about LSU catching up to USC in the polls. USC people are full of it, that's for sure. After about 10 of the 400 something comments I had to stop. All they talk about is how badly they've beaten SEC teams in recent years and how nobody outside the PAC 10 can ever beat them (apparently trying to ignore things like Texas in the MNC game). Apaprently it is okay to assume that because you beat team X from conferenc Y a year or so ago it automatically means that team Z from conference Y has 0 chance, because Pete Carrol was sent by God, ordaining USC to be the most l337 team ever and nobody can ever come close. \

Although Nebrasks didn't look that great this Saturday I hope they beat USC. Not that I ever want them to win, but holy crap I'll be glad when they finally start coming back down to earth. Not that that would stop ESPN form making excuses for them.

So for some idiot reason I clicked on the Read Comments link at the bottom of an article on ESPN's site talking about LSU catching up to USC in the polls. USC people are full of it, that's for sure. After about 10 of the 400 something comments I had to stop. All they talk about is how badly they've beaten SEC teams in recent years and how nobody outside the PAC 10 can ever beat them (apparently trying to ignore things like Texas in the MNC game). Apaprently it is okay to assume that because you beat team X from conferenc Y a year or so ago it automatically means that team Z from conference Y has 0 chance, because Pete Carrol was sent by God, ordaining USC to be the most l337 team ever and nobody can ever come close. \

Although Nebrasks didn't look that great this Saturday I hope they beat USC. Not that I ever want them to win, but holy crap I'll be glad when they finally start coming back down to earth. Not that that would stop ESPN form making excuses for them.

Until USC either 1. loses Pete Carroll or 2. loses 4-5 games in a season, they're going to be hyped every preseason. Why? Because 1. they recruit better than anybody and 2. it's a safe pick because they don't play much competition.

You can't take away what USC has done to OOC opponents. You can try to make excuses for Arkansas and Auburn but USC beat them both twice. They beat Nebraska. They beat Michigan. They beat Oklahoma. They beat Notre Dame. They beat Virginia Tech. They only lost to Texas by three points in a national championship thriller.

USC has an amazing program right now. They're very similar to Florida St's run back in the late 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Not much conference competition so playing OOC foes isn't all that difficult because they're healthy. I don't like the media coverage or their fanbase's cockiness any more than you do, but you can't deny that USC has been very impressive over the past five years.

Until USC either 1. loses Pete Carroll or 2. loses 4-5 games in a season, they're going to be hyped every preseason. Why? Because 1. they recruit better than anybody and 2. it's a safe pick because they don't play much competition.

You can't take away what USC has done to OOC opponents. You can try to make excuses for Arkansas and Auburn but USC beat them both twice. They beat Nebraska. They beat Michigan. They beat Oklahoma. They beat Notre Dame. They beat Virginia Tech. They only lost to Texas by three points in a national championship thriller.

USC has an amazing program right now. They're very similar to Florida St's run back in the late 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Not much conference competition so playing OOC foes isn't all that difficult because they're healthy. I don't like the media coverage or their fanbase's cockiness any more than you do, but you can't deny that USC has been very impressive over the past five years.

USC=the new ND....

:au::homer:

USC=the new ND....

:au::homer:

Except SC actually wins games...

Archived