The Angry Leprechaun

rtftiger

Did anyone catch the on-the-field interview with Saban right after the game?

Did you notice that he said, "This is a big win for the state of Alabama?"

Two things about this statement:

1. Don't ever speak on behalf of the state of Alabama. This is so obviously fake. As if he cared about the state of Alabama!

2. He is putting the full-court press on in-state recruiting. He's pulling the "flagship program" crap. If we don't watch it, he will be acting like there is one major program in the state. And, the media will drool on him.

1. Don't ever speak on behalf of the state of Alabama. This is so obviously fake. As if he cared about the state of Alabama!

2. He is putting the full-court press on in-state recruiting. He's pulling the "flagship program" crap. If we don't watch it, he will be acting like there is one major program in the state. And, the media will drool on him.

Frankly, it doesn't help that AU is ******** the bed.

do you REALLY think CTT didn't pull that with ANY recruits after you guys have beat us 5 years in a row? beating us 5 years in a row is leverage. your in-state rival losing 2 in a row is leverage, and he capitalized.

do you REALLY think CTT didn't pull that with ANY recruits after you guys have beat us 5 years in a row? beating us 5 years in a row is leverage. your in-state rival losing 2 in a row is leverage, and he capitalized.

I think a little was beating you, a lot was beating Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc...

Honestly after the 2005 season recruiting against bama wasn't much of an issue since we weren't competing for a lot of recruits in general.

Losing like this has one of two possible outcomes, Tubby sells imediate play time and what he has done in the past or we end up facing a bad sigining day.

I think a little was beating you, a lot was beating Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc...

Honestly after the 2005 season recruiting against bama wasn't much of an issue since we weren't competing for a lot of recruits in general.

Losing like this has one of two possible outcomes, Tubby sells imediate play time and what he has done in the past or we end up facing a bad sigining day.

seeing the names of some of your recruits that were at the game today, how bad do you think this loss hurts AU with them?

seeing the names of some of your recruits that were at the game today, how bad do you think this loss hurts AU with them?

Well, I don't think it helps a lot, but if you spent any time at auburn and wandered around the place is beautiful and the school is great. We have landed recruits before just with the atmosphere.

Depends on how we sell what we have and how we end the year, unlike alabama we have an amazingly harsh schedule that doesn't allow the previous 2 losses.

If we can pull something out of this year and get better on both sides of the ball we may still do well on signing day. It won't be an LSU class or a USC class though.

Of course I don't think either team in this state will out recruit LSU or Florida right now. We are fighting for 3rd and 4th place to be honest.

Well, I don't think it helps a lot, but if you spent any time at auburn and wandered around the place is beautiful and the school is great. We have landed recruits before just with the atmosphere.

Depends on how we sell what we have and how we end the year, unlike alabama we have an amazingly harsh schedule that doesn't allow the previous 2 losses.

If we can pull something out of this year and get better on both sides of the ball we may still do well on signing day. It won't be an LSU class or a USC class though.

Of course I don't think either team in this state will out recruit LSU or Florida right now. We are fighting for 3rd and 4th place to be honest.

i used to date a girl on campus, so i have been there numerous times. it is a really nice campus. even if AU beats NM State next week, still it has got to be tough for the players to think about the road schedule. if you guys can somehow pull it out on the road though, major props. and as far as LSU and UF, i agree with you on that one. as long as they are playing lights out, they will be hard to beat on the recruiting trail.

We should have a healthy tested defense on the field by florida and lsu. Hopefully the offense fixes the turnovers and we get something going.

Its like all the pieces are there but they are all mixxed up.

I am still trying to figure it out. Good thing I am not paid money to make the descisions.

Good news for Bama is with your schedule and home/away game setup, you have a shot to end with a great record this season if you get better.

Just LSU is seriously looking like a juggernaught.

Noted it too. He is confused. It was a big win for the booster of UAT that pay his salary. That man or the football team at some university will never represent ME or MY FAMILY that currently reside in the state of Alabama.

Guest BoStillKnows

Noted it too. He is confused. It was a big win for the booster of UAT that pay his salary. That man or the football team at some university will never represent ME or MY FAMILY that currently reside in the state of Alabama.

That argonant a** does not speak for me or the state of Alabama. He speaks for the downtrodden masses who live in the past. I heard him and it nauseated me. I got over it pretty quickly though when I noticed he was wearing make up for the cameras.

Sheesh. The nice campus myth, again?

I'll give you "Runningback U", "Quentin Groves is a man among boys", and "5 in a row" all day long. Just don't ever claim that Auburn has a beautiful campus without cracking a grin or crossing your fingers.

What's nice about an endless concrete jungle laden with 1960's architecture coupled with a stadium that's empty more times than not? Only after George, Jim, and Jack could any person claim that it's an aesthetically pleasing campus. Auburn ranks 11th in SEC campuses -- beating only Georgia. I'm sorry to have to post this on an Auburn board, but there are some things I just can't hear without giving a rebuttal, and this ranks dangerously near the top.

Now, the girls? That's a different story. You've got your fair share of them. You'll never hear me argue that.

I'll give you "Runningback U", "Quentin Groves is a man among boys", and "5 in a row" all day long. Just don't ever claim that Auburn has a beautiful campus without cracking a grin or crossing your fingers.

What's nice about an endless concrete jungle laden with 1960's architecture coupled with a stadium that's empty more times than not? Only after George, Jim, and Jack could any person claim that it's an aesthetically pleasing campus. Auburn ranks 11th in SEC campuses -- beating only Georgia. I'm sorry to have to post this on an Auburn board, but there are some things I just can't hear without giving a rebuttal, and this ranks dangerously near the top.

Now, the girls? That's a different story. You've got your fair share of them. You'll never hear me argue that.

I think Auburn's campus beats UT hands down and I have heard several people say that is is better than Alabama's. Last time I checked Jordan-Hare is filled to 95% capactiy every season, but I guess since we dind't have 87,541 for the A-day we aren't hardcore. Give us Running Back U? Please the stats and the current NFL players back that up. Sometimes the wincrimson that you type is pretty laughable, next time you have a thought, don't post it.

Several people have said that Auburn has a more beautiful campus than Alabama? Look, when you quote Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder, you must provide a link. Rules are rules.

95% capacity? I watched Saturday's game, too, you know. Saying that there were 75k in attendance would be a stretch. The fact of the matter is that Auburn has only sold out one game this season. However, NMSU might be a little different with the addition of hundreds of the state's high school cheerleaders being given free tickets?

As for the RBU, you can't dispute that Auburn has churned out some great 'backs. Go back and see where I didn't dispute that.

Don't post my thoughts? That's the best idea I've heard in a while. I need to get back to my George Wallace paper. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting a minor in that kook...

P.S. Ya gotta start taking my comments with a grain of NaCl, bro. There's nothing wrong with a little ribbing, or, in your case, high-fiving.

Guest BoStillKnows

Your scarcasm is only exceeded by your jealousy. Either that or you are a graduate of the Alabama School for the Blind. But what happened to your sense of smell?

Several people have said that Auburn has a more beautiful campus than Alabama? Look, when you quote Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder, you must provide a link. Rules are rules.

95% capacity? I watched Saturday's game, too, you know. Saying that there were 75k in attendance would be a stretch. The fact of the matter is that Auburn has only sold out one game this season. However, NMSU might be a little different with the addition of hundreds of the state's high school cheerleaders being given free tickets?

As for the RBU, you can't dispute that Auburn has churned out some great 'backs. Go back and see where I didn't dispute that.

Don't post my thoughts? That's the best idea I've heard in a while. I need to get back to my George Wallace paper. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting a minor in that kook...

P.S. Ya gotta start taking my comments with a grain of NaCl, bro. There's nothing wrong with a little ribbing, or, in your case, high-fiving.

How about a link stating that Auburn's campus is the second worst in the SEC. There were more than 75K this past weekend at the game, but since you say so I gotta take it as the truth. How bout you take some of my posts with some CN buddy.

No links needed. I'm the authority on it, though. That's all you need to know.

There were? Then many of them did a great impersonation of uncovered steel. There were more empty seats in Jordan-Hare than houndstooth baseball hats in Tuscaloosa. If that helps to put it into perspective...

Although, I can't say that I blame you. I would have rather been tightly nestled between Rosanne Barr's thighs than sitting in Bryant-Denny when we got Croomed. It ain't a good feeling.

Whatever, you can go around the world 12 times with houndstooth baseball caps. I'm throwing the flag on the thigh comment, that is just cruel. Yes you are an authority, on what, nobody cares.

Archived