Saban on textbooks...

GalensGhost

Saban is a douchebag.

"We had some guys use poor judgment in how they did it," Saban said. "Now, the NCAA might see it as an extra benefit. When we saw it, we reported it. But the system failed the players, too. If we call a bad play and it doesn't work, we're responsible."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

Let me go ahead and start it for some here.....

Move along, nothing to see, everyone does it, secondary violation, he wasn't on a plane, we didn't give dishwashing liquid to go with the appliances.

That about cover it?

You missed the end of the quote though GG.

"We had some guys use poor judgment in how they did it," Saban said. "Now, the NCAA might see it as an extra benefit. When we saw it, we reported it. But the system failed the players, too. If we call a bad play and it doesn't work, we're responsible. Unless, of course, they didn't execute the play correctly. That has normally been the answer around here this year, execution."

Saban is a douchebag.

"We had some guys use poor judgment in how they did it," Saban said. "Now, the NCAA might see it as an extra benefit. When we saw it, we reported it. But the system failed the players, too. If we call a bad play and it doesn't work, we're responsible."

Call me crazy, but I think "too" means also. As in, the system has problems in ADDITION TO "some guys use poor judgement"

Like always, you guys read what you want to read.

Saban is a douchebag.

Call me crazy, but I think "too" means also. As in, the system has problems in ADDITION TO "some guys use poor judgement"

Ok, fair enough. But how exactly did the system fail the players?

FYI, I wouldn't be throwing rocks if I were you guys. I'll say no more.

OOOOOH. Do your top secret sources have some juicy scoop?

Didn't think so. Here ya go.

gib4.jpg

Saban is a douchebag.

The system failed the players "also." :rolleyes: (Just trying to help.)

Saban is a douchebag.

The system failed the players "also." :rolleyes: (Just trying to help.)

I think Sabban was referring to another system. Just sayin...

Saban is a douchebag.

Here's my take:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=428386

Nick also put equal responsibility on the players for poor judgement.

I know you read that part.

And yes, the system is partly at fault, because it shouldn't be an option for them to do this.

When I was down there, my football friends didn't have money on their student ID to buy their books. They had a designated person in the bookstore who would get their books for them. It was a different line and everything. They didn't "buy" the books. They received the books based on their schedule of classes.

Why?

Can you not trust an Athlete to do the right thing?

That is pretty sad...don't you think?

And yes, the system is partly at fault, because it shouldn't be an option for them to do this.

When I was down there, my football friends didn't have money on their student ID to buy their books. They had a designated person in the bookstore who would get their books for them. It was a different line and everything. They didn't "buy" the books. They received the books based on their schedule of classes.

Why?

No, no no. If we can cheat we will, therefore the system's flawed because it shouldn't be possible to cheat the system... :rolleyes:

Why?

Completely agree with Ravad here. Just because the systems was not made cheater proof then the system is also at fault?!

I guess if I leave my keys in my car for a couple of minutes it makes the thief that took the car less guilty. In fact, I have failed this person and am partly to blame for his theft according to Nicky.

Why?

Completely agree with Ravad here. Just because the systems was not made cheater proof then the system is also at fault?!

I guess if I leave my keys in my car for a couple of minutes it makes the thief that took the car less guilty. In fact, I have failed this person and am partly to blame for his theft according to Nicky.

Obviously. Because, I mean, if I left my keys in there, it must have been for good reason, right? How many times do I have to explain this to you folks, I am not going to take any blame around here for anything, mkay!

I'm not condoning cheating or stealing at any level, but why would a school turn themselves in for something like this? Especially if it were to turn out a bunch of athletes did it (such in the Ball State case). How do other people find out about these sort of things?

When I worked as a tutor at the Athletic Dept the last 2 years, we had to sign documents stating we didn't give the athletes a pencil. I didn't break any rules, but who figures this stuff out? I know a pencil and a book isn't the same thing - but my question is, how does someone figure this stuff out? I think it is right to turn yourself in, but how do we know it won't be fabricated / covered up?

Why?

Obviously. Because, I mean, if I left my keys in there, it must have been for good reason, right? How many times do I have to explain this to you folks, I am not going to take any blame around here for anything, mkay!

Sounds like nicky is describing lack of institutional control.

I mean if the system failed the athletes what else could he be saying.

Did AU players spend the money that was given to them in the "glitch" last year?

Oh, hell, here we go again....

Your house is on fire. Flames are roaring out of the windows and licking at the roof. But thanks for pointing out that at one time somebody flicked a lighter to light a candle in mine. Fire's fire, right?

Sounds like nicky is describing lack of institutional control.

LOIC would be if it were never reported. And never handled.

Wrong. Your definition is called lying

LOIC means the systems are not in place to prevent one of the oldest ways for players to get extra benifits. Would also apply if it turns out that this has happened for more than one semster and involves more than one sport. I do not know if this is the case, nor am I suggesting it.

Archived