LSU/Bama Game Thread

Justin5

Yeah, I think we know what you mean. That was a great game tucked into that 4 hour commercial.

Up next on the CBS line up is

CSI: Miami

CSI

48 Mystery

WOW I was thinking the same thing! I told my wife it was the slowest game ever and all the commercial were unreal!

Yeah that game seem to drag on forever.

Oh a player is slow getting up, CUT TO COMMERCIAL!

Oh a change of possession, CUT TO COMMERICAL!!

Oh it has been more than 2 minutes, CUT TO COMMERCIAL!!!

It is ridiculous.

Seriously though even though I was pulling for LSU, great game played by Bama and I think you guys honestly deserved to win that one.

I'm starting to wonder how many other teams out there have won when they've been penalized foe 150 yards. I bet that is a very, very, short list.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pc tuff game tonight man. With the help of the refs, your team could have won tonight. Take it like a man and bounce back nex.....well never.

The end.

nearly every post you have made in this thread is you whining about the refs. LSU is the most penalized team in the SEC, throw in the extra emotion of trying to "win one for the gipper" and you've got a bad mix. there were some CLEARLY boneheaded penalties by LSU. the illegal shift and then the player taking his helmet off was i think 30 yards right there in one play. you can drop the weak party line.....we lost, so you have no need to justify anything. i knew before the game started that some would be all about saying the refs won us the game if we won. get over it.

Okay...LSU has 86 seconds to screw this up.

they pretty much pulled it together the last 5 minutes. even though LSU wins this one, i do not understand what he could possibly be thinking on that 4th and inches play. i mean, not downing my team but does he REALLY believe he couldn't knock our undersized D-Line off the line and not gain a few inches? you know the LSU nation had to have jumped up and screamed "YOU IDIOT!!!!!!" all at the same time.

We agree on this. That was showing no confidence in his offensive line.

i think it was a blatent "i'll show them i'm smarter!!!" on CLM's part by trying to be cute about it. now, maybe that's just through my crimson colored glasses. just imagine if we had won, you know that play would be the first thing LSU fans would go to while planning his crucification. there was no reason for him to not have confidence in his O-line.

I agree RWS. While some may say that Miles won the first showdown, he was clearly not the better coach tonight. He wanted to show that he was better. In doing so, he put his team in some tough situations.

He shold be glad that he has talent that is far superior.

Wow. Well, I'm not reading this whole 16 page novella. But I was about to scream. LSU seemed to want to give that game away at every turn. What did they have, like 150 yds in penalties? And Flynn throwing the ball up for grabs like a freshman? Hell, if LSU had that much penalty yardage plus 3 turnovers against us, we'd have won by 3 TDs.

I know there are some looking at Arky playing well tonight thinking that if Bama had won, LSU likely would have lost again and we'd have a chance to go to the SECCG. But I don't trust that Ole Mrs. or the piggies would have kept their end of the bargain. So I'm happy. In spite of a zillion stupid plays by LSU, bammer still lost. I'll sleep well.

Miles is a complete idiot. ANY Div 1 coach, with THAT talent, would have beat that "team" from west vance by at least 21 points.

The refs gave it all they had....and uat STILL didn't have enough.

The World is back in the correct orbit now. Looking forward to the next two weeks.

When you have 2 to 14 in total flags and 15 vs. 149 it needs to be said over and over. Everytime bammer plays at home it happens. I am pointing it out because it is so damn obvious.

Wow. Well, I'm not reading this whole 16 page novella. But I was about to scream. LSU seemed to want to give that game away at every turn. What did they have, like 150 yds in penalties? And Flynn throwing the ball up for grabs like a freshman? Hell, if LSU had that much penalty yardage plus 3 turnovers against us, we'd have won by 3 TDs.

I know there are some looking at Arky playing well tonight thinking that if Bama had won, LSU likely would have lost again and we'd have a chance to go to the SECCG. But I don't trust that Ole Mrs. or the piggies would have kept their end of the bargain. So I'm happy. In spite of a zillion stupid plays by LSU, bammer still lost. I'll sleep well.

I agree. lsu tried as hard as they could to give the game away and a game like that against us and we do win convincingly. Alabama played well and took advantage of those moments of lsu idiocy and made a lot of good plays. But, we had our chances when the season started to get to atlanta just like everybody else. At this point, as long as uat can't get to atlanta, i'm happy.

little nicky couldn't get this uat "team" to Atlanta if he chartered a BUS.

How many rushing yards did this SEC "team" have...TOTAL?

little nicky couldn't get this uat "team" to Atlanta if he chartered a BUS.

How many rushing yards did this SEC "team" have...TOTAL?

Yea our offensive game was pretty much a bust especially running. Sometimes you have those games....too bad it was tonight for us. :no:

I'll just add this...niether team "deserved" to win tonight...

neither team played a complete game tonight. LSU made a few more plays tonight over Bama. Heck of a game, im proud that my team didnt roll over and play dead once down 17 - 3.

The Iron Bowl should be a very good game, I think both teams are very evenly matched (Regardless of what WarTim says) .

And he played all night tonight and did a pretty decent job.

Was this the same crew again that did our LSU game, the florida game and the Bama Ole Miss game? Someone told me that crew had 2 bama grads on it. Just curious and I could be totally wrong.

Only Alabama...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/boxscore?gameId=200711030073

Team Statistics

LSU Alabama

Total net yards 475 254

Average gain 5.9 3.5

Net yards rushing 87 20

Rushes 34 33

Average per rush 2.6 0.6

Net yards passing 388 234

Completed-attempted 25-46 14-40

Had intercepted 3 1

Penalties-yards 14-130 2-15

Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-1

Time of Possession 33:17 26:43

Only Bama could be so badly put rushed, out passed, out everything and still be in the game ot the last.

bama had a .6 yd/rush average. .6!!!!!

JPW throws for only a .350 completion rate. Great battting averages do not matter in the world of college baseball.

Turnovers and penalties kept bama in it until :lsu: finally woke up.

Les Miles is the luckiest human being to ever walk the face of the planet.

LSU played like total crap and still won the game. Ridiculously unbelievable. I can't WAIT for the Mullet Toss....

Only Alabama...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/boxscore?gameId=200711030073

Team Statistics

LSU Alabama

Total net yards 475 254

Average gain 5.9 3.5

Net yards rushing 87 20

Rushes 34 33

Average per rush 2.6 0.6

Net yards passing 388 234

Completed-attempted 25-46 14-40

Had intercepted 3 1

Penalties-yards 14-130 2-15

Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-1

Time of Possession 33:17 26:43

Only Bama could be so badly put rushed, out passed, out everything and still be in the game ot the last.

bama had a .6 yd/rush average. .6!!!!!

JPW throws for only a .350 completion rate. Great battting averages do not matter in the world of college FOOTball.

Turnovers and penalties kept bama in it until :lsu: finally woke up.

i'm surprised that our D kept them under 100 yards rushing. why LSU seemed to abandon the run in the second half being down by only 3 points is beyond me. i wasn't too surprised that we couldn't really get the running game started up though. i don't really think it was the playcalling either, i think it was a matter of being outmatched for the most part. i'm very happy with the gameplan and i can't wait to see what CMA can do in the future.

When you have 2 to 14 in total flags and 15 vs. 149 it needs to be said over and over. Everytime bammer plays at home it happens. I am pointing it out because it is so damn obvious.

Just like Matt Caddell's OBVIOUS catch that they overturned?

LSU is the most penalized team in the SEC. I dont think you can even argue the flags they got.

What, are they supposed to NOT throw flags just because LSU has already had a bunch thrown on them?

You commit a foul, get flagged.

We had five reversals go against us. One was so incredibly OBVIOUS they got it right on the field (Caddell catch)...and you are still saying the refs cheated for us?

The Iron Bowl should be a very good game, I think both teams are very evenly matched (Regardless of what WarTim says) .

What makes you think this?

We played a very good game vs LSU. If they hadn't played PERFECTLY in the second half against us, we would have beaten them by three touchdowns. Not to mention, we did this AT LSU. LSU played the worst game I've ever seen to finish with the victory. 14 penalties? 3 turnovers?

LSU held Bama to a whopping 20 yards running. Wilson was a head turning 14-40. 14 completions? Granted, there were some very nice big plays, but you tell me how many big plays Auburn's D has given up all year.

It'll be a good game. For us.

We played a very good game vs LSU. If they hadn't played PERFECTLY in the second half against us, we would have beaten them by three touchdowns. Not to mention, we did this AT LSU. LSU played the worst game I've ever seen to finish with the victory. 14 penalties? 3 turnovers?

Perfectly? OOOOOOKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Tiger Dad - you can sing it ONLY if LSU wins

TM & TD, you need to take your little fantasy scenarios offline.

WE96, still waiting to hear back from you. Where was my typo? Do you know how to spell / read? Or do you just like to try to point out mistakes that don't exist

Sorry Politicaly Correct Champ, I must have replied to the wrong thread. Now I can't find the thread I meant to reply to.

What makes you think this?

LSU held Bama to a whopping 20 yards running. Wilson was a head turning 14-40. 14 completions? Granted, there were some very nice big plays, but you tell me how many big plays Auburn's D has given up all year.

It'll be a good game. For us.

Your stupid to think that the Iron Bowl isnt going to be a good game. Actually keep thinking that it wont.

I love it.....bama fans come over here and expect us to agree with them on every topic.

GET REAL!

Archived