LSU/Bama Game Thread

Justin5

Bama WAS OFFSIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 94

doesn't matter. there was no contact and if the defensive player caused the offensive player to move, so its a false start.

Ummmm check the rules. All you have to do is be in the neutral zone. :poke:

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama WAS OFFSIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 94

doesn't matter. there was no contact and if the defensive player caused the offensive player to move, so its a false start.

Uh no, if the defense is in the neutral zone and the offense moves, it's offsides.

Lucky bastages, should have been an LSU recovery but it bounce right back to Arenas.

Several questions:

1. Why didn't LSwho play this badly against us?

2. What kind of car/house does that head ref have?

3. Will ALA continue to have the horseshoe up their bums at JH? Will they get the same breaks they seem to get in Tuscalooser?

I wonder if bammer practices the "throw it up 40 yards down the field and pray" play during the week? Seriously, they run that play alot.

# 94

not true...try again.

# 94

not true...try again.

So you are saying if a defensive player were to walk behind the QB and an offensive lineman to move, it would be false start? I know i have seen plays where the DL runs past the Tackle and the tackle moved, only to be called offsides. It's called "drawing a false start" or something like that. I'm POSITIVE this rule exists. If not - I will never question you again. Hell I might even go as far to say I would never post on this board again

If you guys want to make some money, play bammer when they are at home and fade them when they are away. I have made alot of money this year doing that.... I am being serious.

# 94

Uh no, if the defense is in the neutral zone and the offense moves, it's offsides.

Lucky bastages, should have been an LSU recovery but it bounce right back to Arenas.

no...not true... i'll remind you of a similar play that happened to us in the lsu game....On a scrimmage kick play LSU jumped offsides, and one of our linemen moved and it was a FALSE START.

if the defensive player causes the offensive player to jump it is a FALSE START every time.

Far too late now,but wher has LSU"s running game been all night?

where I mean

For real, why are they still trying to pass it with that hit-or-miss QB they have. I bet Perriloux regrets his stupid bar fight even more.

# 94

not true...try again.

So you are saying if a player were to walk behind the QB and an offensive lineman to move, it would be false start? I know i have seen plays where the DL runs past the Tackle and the tackle moved, only to be called offsides. It's called "drawing a false start" or something like that. I'm POSITIVE this rule exists. If not - I will never question you again. Hell I might even go as far to say I would never post on this board again

Both are true. There is an unabated to the quarterback rule. Ther is also a rule that allows an offensive lineman to protect himself. The rules are not there to "trick" players, though. Miles and Crowton are to blame, not #71. That was a very poor decision.

# 94

no...not true... i'll remind you of a similar play that happened to us in the lsu game....On a scrimmage kick play LSU jumped offsides, and one of our linemen moved and it was a FALSE START.

if the defensive player causes the offensive player to jump it is a FALSE START every time.

Are you sure about this! If that was the case you would see it more often. {scratching my head on this!}

Exception: It is not a false start if any player on the line of

scrimmage immediately reacts when threatened by a Team B

player in the neutral zone (Rule 7-1-5-a-2) (A.R. 7-1-3-VIII and

IX).

Straight from the rule book.

Now would be a good time for John Peter Parker Sara Jessica William Wilson to throw a pick. It would be karma and I believe in karma.

Archived