uga played a great game on the field...

Fmnstr

and hell, some auburn fans shocked me, too.

THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG:

in the last two years, i somehow totally forgot about what a bunch of asshats uga fans were, and had actually started to root for them in games that i had no stake in. this year in athens, however, totally eclipsed the way they had acted toward me in the past and let me know that uga OBVIOUSLY hates us a hell of a lot more than we hate them, and want the feeling to be returned. you know what? it is. tenfold. i hope they never win another game as long as they have an athletic department, and i would be absolutely fine with it if athens sank into the bowels of the earth.

we got to the campus and got to park (free parking was cool), and i felt a little optimistic about the whole experience, and was looking forward to some good-natured ribbing back and forth on the way to the stadium. not 5 minutes out of the car a piss-drunk uga student stumbles into our group of 3 guys and 2 girls and starts pushing us around and yapping about being sorry he was "breaking up the auburn family." that wasn't so bad, so we just chuckled and told him to get lost while he slurred about how we were a bunch of losers and yada yada with his slew of buddies yukking it up on the side of the street. we just dismissed him and kept walking and talking amongst ourselves. for whatever reason, i looked back to check and see if the dude had gone off to taunt somebody else, and i see him running up behind one of my friends with his arm cocked back. i stopped to come at him because i thought something ridiculous was about to happen, and he proceeds to SPANK my buddy on the ass as hard as he can. we all stopped with a big WTF? look on our faces, and he hauls off and tries to do it to my other friend (townhall), who grabs him by the wrist. i told him he needs to watch himself and not act on his drunken whims before something happens that none of us are interested in, and the dude bows up on me and loses his mind. after a slew of ridiculous insults (including calling me a "four-eyed b*tch"...seriously...), i told the guy he was entirely too drunk to be in public and needed to let it go. his response was to up the ante to "six-eyed b*tch"(???) and to flex nuts and scream "SWANG ON ME, SWANG ON ME" over and over. we just walked off in the direction of sanford and left him there screaming, which i'm sure let him feel like a big man.

we were inundated with "f*** auburn"s and barking and all the things i expected on the way there, but i was a little on edge after that encounter so damn early in my first trip to this place, so i didn't do any responding. once we got into the stadium and sampled some of that FINE cuisine (seriously? f***ing day-old bagel bites, georgia?) :puke: , we found our seats (right behind the band in 102) and got settled in. as the game started and the sections filled up, people without tickets into our section started sandwiching inbetween people and somehow we ended up getting bumped out of our damn seats and into the aisle. when we went to ask the old couple that had taken root on our seats in all the confusion if they would kindly step back to the EMPTY row behind them so we could get our seats back, we were actually laid into by a 60-year-old auburn woman who tried to give me a lecture about fairness in life laced with a good number of angry curse words. i'm too damn nice, and i just let her have my seat and wedged into the row ahead.

the uga student section was absolutely INSANE with hatred toward us for whatever reason. i'm not sure there was a minute without a "F*** YOU AUBURN" chant, 5 dozen birds in the air, and just constant boos and threats and downright thuggish garbage. at one point, i honestly thought there was going to be a riot when a great big MIDDLE-AGED uga guy pegged an auburn guy in the face from about 5 feet away with one of those dumb-ass foam footballs during halftime and both groups of fans freaked the hell out about it. the uga dude had to be dragged kicking and swinging out of the stadium by the cops after they found him lying behind a row of uga students, trying to hide from all of us pointing him out.

all that said, our section did a good bit of responsive antagonizing, and some of the guys in front of me probably have cramps today from shooting the bird for 4 straight hours, but uga really shocked me with how nuts they were yesterday. i didn't have a bit of fun, which is a shame, because i can't say i've ever been to a game before in my 5 years at auburn and not had fun. i'll never be back.

townhall had seats in a different section and actually had a way worse time than i did, but i'll let him tell his own story. i'll just close with a big GO TO HELL GEORGIA.

Well, here's my part of the story.

My worst incidences occured in the bathroom. While waiting in line, a 40 year old UGA fan was walking out and screamed, "Auburn sucks c--ks!" I promptly ignored him because I'm a wimpy high school teacher afraid of losing his job. However, an Auburn college student in front of me yelled out, "I thought only gays said the word c--ks." The UGA fan absolutely lost his mind. He slammed the AU kid up against the wall and held his fist up to his face and said, "Say one more thing and I'm going to pound your face in. M-F G-D Blah blah."

After that, I go into the restroom and wait in the ridiculously jumbled line for the urinals. I finally get up to go to the restroom and while I'm using it, someone kicks me in the butt. Fortunately, I managed to piss all over the wall and not on myself. I turned my head around and saw five gray-haired men laughing their asses off. I said, "What the hell, man? I'm about to turn around and piss all over you." One of them responded, "And what do you think is gonna happen when you do that?" I assumed he was insinuating that they were going to jump me. I looked around and saw about 50 UGA fans and decided to just ignore it and leave.

Right before halftime, I was walking up the steps as the Auburn band was about to come out and an old man stood up and said, "that's the Auburn band going out there. f--k those f--king fa--ots." He then started booing like crazy and the entire crowd around him joined in. The rest of the damn stadium had the same idea.

The AU Athletic Department section had a lot of drunk AU fans try to sit with us. It was annoying and a lot of crap happened. But I'm not gonna rat them out because THEY were the cousins and little brother that pisses me off every now and then. Those damn Georgia fans were terrible. I hope the lakes dry up. I hope the rain never comes. I wish I had brought a bucket because I would have driven down HWY 316 dumping buckets of water out onto the concrete. The AU-UGA rivalry was never that big of a deal to me, but now they've made it personal. Who kicks someone while they're going to the bathroom at halftime? What kind of a prick tries to smack someone on the ass while they're walking to the stadium?

After all the crap I heard about LSU fans, they were the most generous good hearted fans I've ever been around. Everything I expected from LSU was what I received in Athens.

My worst incidences occured in the bathroom. While waiting in line, a 40 year old UGA fan was walking out and screamed, "Auburn sucks c--ks!" I promptly ignored him because I'm a wimpy high school teacher afraid of losing his job. However, an Auburn college student in front of me yelled out, "I thought only gays said the word c--ks." The UGA fan absolutely lost his mind. He slammed the AU kid up against the wall and held his fist up to his face and said, "Say one more thing and I'm going to pound your face in. M-F G-D Blah blah."

After that, I go into the restroom and wait in the ridiculously jumbled line for the urinals. I finally get up to go to the restroom and while I'm using it, someone kicks me in the butt. Fortunately, I managed to piss all over the wall and not on myself. I turned my head around and saw five gray-haired men laughing their asses off. I said, "What the hell, man? I'm about to turn around and piss all over you." One of them responded, "And what do you think is gonna happen when you do that?" I assumed he was insinuating that they were going to jump me. I looked around and saw about 50 UGA fans and decided to just ignore it and leave.

Right before halftime, I was walking up the steps as the Auburn band was about to come out and an old man stood up and said, "that's the Auburn band going out there. f--k those f--king fa--ots." He then started booing like crazy and the entire crowd around him joined in. The rest of the damn stadium had the same idea.

The AU Athletic Department section had a lot of drunk AU fans try to sit with us. It was annoying and a lot of crap happened. But I'm not gonna rat them out because THEY were the cousins and little brother that pisses me off every now and then. Those damn Georgia fans were terrible. I hope the lakes dry up. I hope the rain never comes. I wish I had brought a bucket because I would have driven down HWY 316 dumping buckets of water out onto the concrete. The AU-UGA rivalry was never that big of a deal to me, but now they've made it personal. Who kicks someone while they're going to the bathroom at halftime? What kind of a prick tries to smack someone on the ass while they're walking to the stadium?

After all the crap I heard about LSU fans, they were the most generous good hearted fans I've ever been around. Everything I expected from LSU was what I received in Athens.

I really don't find that bolded comment funny or needed.

You do realize there are many Auburn folks living in Georgia/Atlanta?

Like all of these "classless/horrible fans" stories...i hope to god your story is somewhat fabricated. If not...do you have a spine?

Like all of these "classless/horrible fans" stories...i hope to god your story is somewhat fabricated. If not...do you have a spine?

Nope.

But yes, the water comments were exaggerated of course.

And not one bit of the story is by any means fabricated.

Well, except for the water comments.

Well, I was in the upper deck section, where it was mostly Auburn fans, so we didn't have problems like that at all. But then we were so freakin' far away from the game that it was almost like watching TV because you didn't feel it at al.

But, the food there was BY FAAAAAAARRRR the absolute WORST concession stand food that I have ever had at a game. The Little League park where I played baseball as a kid kicked Sanford Stadium's ass on concessions. I just went to a HS football game Friday night and I would have easily paid double Sanford prices for a piece of food from some high school band boosters.

It was AWFUL. I can't believe their fans go to the games and don't complain about that stuff because there was nothing sold there that was worth a crap.

Well, I was in the upper deck section, where it was mostly Auburn fans, so we didn't have problems like that at all. But then we were so freakin' far away from the game that it was almost like watching TV because you didn't feel it at al.

But, the food there was BY FAAAAAAARRRR the absolute WORST concession stand food that I have ever had at a game. The Little League park where I played baseball as a kid kicked Sanford Stadium's ass on concessions. I just went to a HS football game Friday night and I would have easily paid double Sanford prices for a piece of food from some high school band boosters.

It was AWFUL. I can't believe their fans go to the games and don't complain about that stuff because there was nothing sold there that was worth a crap.

Did you have a helicopter to take you away from the stadium? Walking on their campus was just as bad.

I honestly wondered if they had a separate box of food for AU fans. My hot dog was decent, but the six dollar bagel bites that my friends got cracked me up. And they were obviously made early that morning.

Well, no, but there were like 5,000 Auburn fans in that upper deck and so there was a lot of orange around us walking back. There were UGA fans, but most of the ones we saw were fine. Among our group we were talking about where we parked and some UGA students overheard us and told us how to get back and which streets not to go down because I guess there is a shady neighborhood close to the stadium.

I got the $6 "pizza" too. I saw people getting them and the box looked OK and the sign at the stand said "Red Baron" so I figured it was OK. We even asked the guy selling them what kind of pizza it was and he said "pepperoni" with a smile. Well, Imagine my surprise when I sat down and opened the box and there were 5 cold bagel bites in a Red Baron box.

Did you have a helicopter to take you away from the stadium? Walking on their campus was just as bad.

I honestly wondered if they had a separate box of food for AU fans. My hot dog was decent, but the six dollar bagel bites that my friends got cracked me up. And they were obviously made early that morning.

i seriously wish we were exaggerating about how ridiculous their fans were. i'm telling the honest truth.

I made the mistake of sitting with one of my friends, who goes to uga, in the uga student section. Midway through the 4th quarter i got hit in the back of the head with a cup, had about 5 or 6 guys pull keys out and dangle them in front of my face, verbal harassing throughout the game, then the uga guys started fighting each other so i got out of there with 6 minutes to go in the game. I never leave a game early so that was kind of a big deal to me because I really felt like if i didnt leave then, i would be in a fight before the game was over. I actually had a better experience with the fans in Baton Rouge than I did in Athens. Oh.. forgot to add that i had bourbon and coke thrown all over me multiple times during the game.

Great experience! :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Halftime at Athens. Veterans Day tribute and all. So, the PA announcer asks all veterans to standup during the playing of the service songs (the Army song, Marine Corp Hymn, Anchors Away,etc). So, the Marine Corp Hymn starts up. Some Auburn guys stand up a few rows below (they are obviously Marines). The f****** UGA people start throwing peanuts and ice at them. The Marines don't even flinch or turn around.

UGA, thats f****** class right there.

Halftime at Athens. Veterans Day tribute and all. So, the PA announcer asks all veterans to standup during the playing of the service songs (the Army song, Marine Corp Hymn, Anchors Away,etc). So, the Marine Corp Hymn starts up. Some Auburn guys stand up a few rows below (they are obviously Marines). The f****** UGA people start throwing peanuts and ice at them. The Marines don't even flinch or turn around.

Sad that this happened. Even sadder that another UGA fan didn't put these morons in their place.

Sad that this happened. Even sadder that another UGA fan didn't put these morons in their place.

Changes have got to be made at all universities about the way home team fans treat the fans of the opponent school. It has just gotten out of hand and this is everywhere and not just in the SEC.

I was glad to hear some good reports after the Bama/ LSU game, and even a letter in the paper from an LSU fan saying how well they were treated here, and believe me we were expecting some bad things. We all have those irresponsible fans that just go to the extreme and are down right mean and quite disrespectful. You can usually tell what kind of people they are, because of the ones that they target, children and senior citizens.

I hope you guys in Auburn start a trend this year and treat us well when we come over there in 2 weeks, and I sincerly hope our fans are respectful to our hosts. I hope that both teams can handle a victory or a loss with dignity. If Auburn wins, I want to leave the stadium and leave you to your celebrating, and if Bama wins, I want to celebrate with my team, but in the stands, not on the field, and not in your face.

We should be as respectful to other fans as the players are to each other. When the game is over, you see the players praying together, and shaking hands. I must say, and I do apologize ahead of time, but if we do win.....you know we got to do the Rammer Jammer, and I know ya'll will do it back to us if you win. But who does this hurt?

Don't get me wrong, I always want to beat Auburn, and always want Auburn to lose, but I mean on the field, and I do not feel the need for throwing things at you or pouring liquor on you to express my feelings.

The game is important, and I would never say, "it's just a football game", but I just think that the day is more fun when the fans get along and are just the regular jabs at each other.

The thing that amazes me are the morons who feel the need to boo the band. Its the band!!! I have never or will ever boo an opposing teams band. Its the definition of classless.

BTW- I am shocked and horrified at the fans who threw things at the Marines. It really shows the utmost disrespect for our men in uniform. At that moment, while they were listening to the Marine anthem--- they were Marines first, Auburn men 2nd.

The thing that amazes me are the morons who feel the need to boo the band. Its the band!!! I have never or will ever boo an opposing teams band. Its the definition of classless.

BTW- I am shocked and horrified at the fans who threw things at the Marines. It really shows the utmost disrespect for our men in uniform. At that moment, while they were listening to the Marine anthem--- they were Marines first, Auburn men 2nd.

Heck I would never boo a band myself. When i was in high school that was all we had to cheer about. :au:

Archived