Peanut Whitehead's Career Likely Over

metafour

According to this article: Courier-Journal

Whitehead was the big-name DE from Birmingham (2006 class) who was considered an Auburn lean for most of his recruitment but ended up pulling a relatively shocking move by signing with Louisville.

I hope also that he does get a second opinion, but not for the reason that you would think. I hope he doesn't try to play ball anymore, unless he is sure that it won't hurt him. I think the second opinion would give him peace of mind.

I think we lost him to Louisville over academic qualifying...It is easier in the Big East/whatever, just like CNS said.

I think we lost him to Louisville over academic qualifying...It is easier in the Big East/whatever, just like CNS said.

No, that was just a bad rumor.

He went to Louisville because they offered him the chance to play as a true freshman. Peanut's goal was more or less to get to the NFL as quickly as possible. We wanted to redshirt him to give him a chance to fill out physically, and the competition for playing time would obviously be greater at Auburn than it ever will be at Louisville (for defensive players at least). Remember that that was the year in which Louisville's DE Elvis Dummerville lead the nation in sacks, which I'm sure had some impact as well.

Archived