Truth about Saban's press conference...

townhallsavoy

I'm hearing and reading that Saban compared the loss to ULM to 9-11 and Pearl Harbor. Can anyone confirm that? I'm at work so I can't go searching too far.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did compare it to 9-11......just heard the press conference replayed on F***scum....

He did compare it to 9-11......just heard the press conference replayed on F***scum....

Hilarious. Right on par with Kellen Winslow's "I'm a f-ing soldier!"

I'm hearing and reading that Saban compared the loss to ULM to 9-11 and Pearl Harbor. Can anyone confirm that? I'm at work so I can't go searching too far.

He did compare it to 9-11 and also to Pearl Harbor. He made the point that Pearl Harbor was in WWII. Like there was a question about it.

He did compare it to 9-11 and also to Pearl Harbor. He made the point that Pearl Harbor was in WWII. Like there was a question about it.

He is also over the history department. Gotta get all the mileage out of those commas that they can.

He is also over the history department. Gotta get all the mileage out of those commas that they can.

Maybe he took the movie "Animal House" too literally.

Wow. Utterly classless. Sure, we all take football way too seriously, but comparing a football game to actual atrocities where lives are lost is just ridiculous.

It is what it is.

Wow. Utterly classless. Sure, we all take football way too seriously, but comparing a football game to actual atrocities where lives are lost is just ridiculous.

Yeah....Thank God for the Pearl Harbor attacks.....because, if we take saban's wording, then "It got us ready for WWII." Whew, if that had not happened, we would've never been ready to lose lives IN A WAR. This guy is a F*****G PIECE OF GARBAGE. Question, does he write his own material? Because, if so, he's doing a Real Bang-Up Job.....Aight? You Understand Me....Aight? It Is What It Is......Aight? He's a Hack of a coach and the bammer's would've been better to go on the Death Penalty and never played football again, than to have a coach like this....because He is incharge of Molding these Youngmen. He just asked would the reporters hire someone that would "rape and pilage a town or someone that has talent and character." Then he says...."DON'T EVER BRING IT UP AGAIN, THAT THEY'RE IMPORTANT!!!" What?

If I were Saban, here's what I would have said.

"I am the coach of this football team. It is my job to prepare my team and provide them with leadership. The fault for our loss lies with me and me alone. I apologize to Alabama fans everywhere for the job I did on Saturday.

"That being said, I want to tell you precisely how I am going to fix some of the problems that manifested themselves on Saturday...."

Boom. If he had said it that way, he would have enjoyed at least 7 additional days of grace until his shellacking at the hands of Auburn.

Stabler: Games over, man. ULM dropped the big one.

Saban: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Eli: Germans?

Hackbaum: Forget it, he's rolling.

Saban: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Saban: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Saban: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

[thinks hard]

:roflol: My belly hurts.

Saban=Pearl Harbor=WW2

Somebody should have asked him what country or state Pearl Harbor is in.....

Maybe Monroe, LA ?

[thinks hard]

Ah, but the question then, is who would follow him?

[thinks hard]

Ah, but the question then, is who would follow him?

well, you would hope it would be the following that will ferrell got when he wanted to go streaking in Old School, but...

he was talking about people wanting to change and how a catastrophic event can change people and change their character or spirit, and then referenced 9/11 and Pearl Harbor about how those catastrophic events changed the character of Americans. as far as football goes, i believe you can classify losing to ULM as a catastrophic football event. hopefully it can change the spirit of our guys. but from what i understand, i don't think it will happen.

as a fan i can see the spirit of the team is nil since the LSU game. its pretty obvious, and i agree with what he said. they're going to find out who wants to be on the team, and the ones who don't will not be there. the ones that don't want to put in the effort should be gone, and i think they will be. i know you guys want to blame it ALLLLLLLLLLLL on the coaching, because you hate CNS. but realistically you can't, and you know it. its everybody's fault really. the coaches can't make a player go tackle somebody if they don't want to. they can't make a WR run his route crisp if he doesn't want to. he can't make a lineman block if he doesn't want to. if the ethic isn't there, it isn't going to happen. that goes for players and coaches.

Archived