Miles to Stay at LSU - Press confer @ 1:50pmEST

collijo

miles just said he will be the lsu coach next year. don't know how you can get more clear than that.

When did he say this?

Pregame interview to some brunette on CBS.

Ah, thanks. Well I actually believe him then; I never saw him as a liar. Stupid, foolhardy, egotistical, and oblivious yes - but not a liar.

miles just said he will be the lsu coach next year. don't know how you can get more clear than that.

"I guess I'm going to have to say it. I will not be the coach at Alabama?"

Can't get any clearer than that, can you?

no, but i have to believe that saban is a singular kind of snake. i hope he is, anyway. that level of flat-out lie is deplorable.

ABC just said that he agreed to a contract extension at LSU. I must have missed that in the press conference if he mentioned that.

I think we learned three things this morning:

1) Herby is an @**hole. There was absolutely no reason for him to "break" this story the morning of the SEC Championship game except to try and reinforce his self-image as a football insider. Oh and the other reason is to be a jerk.

2) Herby has no idea what the hell he's talking about. He doesn't have reliable "insider info." He isn't relevant. He's just wrong a lot.

3) Miles is coming back to Baton Rouge. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for the Bengals, but he's coming back regardless. We might or might not know that Jon Tenuta is the next defensive coordinator, but that would give a nod to Herby that I, for one, am unwilling to give.

I think the problem was it was causing his kids problems.

They were focusing on it. He had to do something to refocus them.

Oh yeah, having a press conference 3 hours before the game is a great way to "refocus" everyone. If he wanted to refocus everyone he should have done this at the beginning of the week. I mean if he just let this stuff fly around all week what did he expect to happen? Sometimes Les just acts like a complete idiot.

Sometimes?

ABC just said that he agreed to a contract extension at LSU. I must have missed that in the press conference if he mentioned that.

Sure, he agreed. But nothing is signed, is it? I won't believe it until something is signed.

Bingo! One of these Coaches should look at the high powered, winning La Monroe program. Those warhawks are tough!

i thought you had sources about Saban's newest contract was in the desk drawer of Bertman? or have you already deleted that one?

Archived