AU commits DeRon Furr & Jamar Fortson (Carver)...

jenn4AU

Carver down 24 - 6 with 5:52 left comes back to win 26-24! Fortson had 8 catches for 223 yds showing nice running ability after the catch. Furr orchestrates an 80 yd drive with 1:36 left including about a 40 yd pass to Fortson on 4th & 15. Furr runs over people to get into end zone with 10 seconds left!

Furr also had 94 yd touchdown run called back on a hold away from the play!

BTW...Carver is coached by former AU DB Del McGee.

:cheer:

Carver down 24 - 6 with 5:52 left comes back to win 26-24! Fortson had 8 catches for 223 yds showing nice running ability after the catch. Furr orchestrates an 80 yd drive with 1:36 left including about a 40 yd pass to Fortson on 4th & 15. Furr runs over people to get into end zone with 10 seconds left!

Furr also had 94 yd touchdown run called back on a hold away from the play!

:cheer:

They are both studs and are highly underrated. They sure did put on a show today. Wow. Future looks good.

I'm glad to see Carver pull it out. I quit watching in the third. My brother graduated from Carver so I was rooting for them (and they are the home team).

It is Jarmon Fortson, not Jamar.

This is why I LMAO @ those worried about getting "killed" in recruiting. We lost out an a few players who we would have wanted, but I know for a fact that the guys we have are all VERY well liked by the coaches. Some of the rankings on our commits are hilarious. Furr is not only a better player than 4-star Bama commit Star Jackson, but he is a better prospect as well. Furr and Fortson are EASILY two of the best athletes in the South, if not the country.

That's great. But it also reminds me of Fyffe's call against LSU in 94 when McGee returned the ball for a touchdown. "Dell McGee, DELL MCGEE!"

From what I have read and seen (and its only been pics) there is alot to like about these guys as well as quite a few others slated to come on board in the fall of 2008. From a pure numbers standpoint, some of the kids coming in this fall appear to be a good bit bigger coming out of high school than most I have seen since I have been an AU fan/student/alum (only about 9 years). Aside from Jason Campbell, this Furr kid seems like the most athletic QB we have recruite in quite a while. Plus having 6'3" - 6'5" recievers and a 220 lb RB is just awesome. Couple that with having a O-line stocked up w/ 320lbs @ most positions, I don't see how we won't have an explosive offense in the coming years. The future indeed looks bright from here. There is definitely no need to worry much about the negative recruiting stories.

That's great. But it also reminds me of Fyffe's call against LSU in 94 when McGee returned the ball for a touchdown. "Dell McGee, DELL MCGEE!"

McGee didn't have a pick in that game, and I'm trying to remember if he played at all that season.

The three players with defensive interception returns for touchdowns in that game were Ken Alvis, Fred Smith, and Brian Robinson. Chris Shelling recovered a fumble in the end zone in the 2nd quarter as well.

"Dell McGee, Dell McGee with the interception!!" was Fyffe's call with the score 15-14 in the final moments of the 1993 Iron Bowl. A play later, James Bostic ran untouched for a 70-yard score for the game's final margin of 22-14.

McGee didn't have a pick in that game, and I'm trying to remember if he played at all that season.

The three players with defensive interception returns for touchdowns in that game were Ken Alvis, Fred Smith, and Brian Robinson. Chris Shelling recovered a fumble in the end zone in the 2nd quarter as well.

"Dell McGee, Dell McGee with the interception!!" was Fyffe's call with the score 15-14 in the final moments of the 1993 Iron Bowl. A play later, James Bostic ran untouched for a 70-yard score for the game's final margin of 22-14.

Thanks, Wryn. Good God I'm getting old.

Weren't we still behind when Bostic went for the TD?

:au::homer:

I don't see how we won't have an explosive offense in the coming years.

SIMPLE ANSWER...CAB

Easy now, don't stroke out on us. This has been hashed too much, just chill. He is going to be much more productive with new talent, might even impress you!

No negatives!

Archived