Petrino to Arkansas

Aubie16

Tuberville to the Falcons

he always said it was his dream job

I thought it was Dallas.

i was inserting the typical ignorant bammer response, we need an emoticon for that. I'm thinkin a smiley with a houndstooth baseball hat, a bama windbreaker, and a goatee.

I thought it was Dallas.

i was inserting the typical ignorant bammer response, we need an emoticon for that. I'm thinkin a smiley with a houndstooth baseball hat, a bama windbreaker, and a goatee.

Goatee's don't make you a bammer..... :thumbsdown:

I thought it was Dallas.

Goatee's don't make you a bammer..... :thumbsdown:

there's nothing wrong with a windbreaker either, however combined they form an unstoppable force of bammerdom.

... "But there were signs of dissension, especially in the way Petrino dealt with his players."

"He ran the team with an aloof style, feeling no reason to share his decisions on personnel with the affected players. He could walk through the locker room without speaking to anyone and was openly criticized by two of the team's stars, Pro Bowlers Alge Crumpler and DeAngelo Hall."...

I dunno. If I was the coach and the players openly criticized me like that, I wouldn't be feeling a whole lot of respect/loyalty to that team either. It sounds like it was an untenable situation. Realistically, what would it have mattered if he had stayed on as the coach to the end of the season? To the Falcons -- nothing. This way he can immediately start on recruiting for Arky. Only two ways you leave a pro job: on your own terms or on somebody else's. At least he didn't say, "I guess I just have to come right out and say it -- I will not be the coach at Arkansas."

The guy can coach, no doubt about it. Arky got a definite upgrade over Nutt.

If you're going to change coaching jobs, then go. I think Bo Pellini is making a big mistake in continuing to coach at LSU. Yes, I know he gets a chance to win the MNC. However, Nebraska's recruiting will suffer for it.

I just thought about something though. I really think it says something about a guy in how he leaves his old place of business. Contrast Petrino's players going on ESPN talking about what a classless guy he is with Croom's players heaping praise on him. Petrino walked out on his team; Croom worked double time: staying at Green Bay and recruiting for MSU. Did it hurt his first class in Starkville? Probably. But his dedication to his employer said something about him as a man.

are you kidding me with his press conference? He says "It was difficult to leave atlanta"? I guess he was talking about the airport or something. This guy is a freakin snake and i would never ever let one of my kids even think about going to arkansas (if i had kids.).

Archived