4* JUCO DT Commits : Charles Deas

Ryan Sanders

Prep, not JUCO.

Deas has been "committed" for months, the only hold-up was at which point the staff wanted to ACCEPT his commitment based on his academic progress.

Prep, not JUCO.

Deas has been "committed" for months, the only hold-up was at which point the staff wanted to ACCEPT his commitment based on his academic progress.

What you say is my understanding too.

looks like a stud - looking at the colleges interested tells you everything you need to know.

He was good enough to be ranked a Top 100 player and one of the top 5-6 DTs in the country by Rivals even though he didn't even play football his SR year of HS, which should tell you something about his ability.

looks like a stud - looking at the colleges interested tells you everything you need to know.

I thought the message on this board was that rankings didn't mean much? Talent can be found anywhere? Tuberville goes after his own talent.

But I do agree with your statement

I thought the message on this board was that rankings didn't mean much? Talent can be found anywhere? Tuberville goes after his own talent.

Actually, if you read what Justin5 wrote you would see that he clearly was referring to actual COACH interest and not "star ranking."

As a general rule, the quality of offers + schools going after the player is almost always more indicative of the player's true value than a star rating. When a kid is ranked a 3-star but has offers from Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina for example: who is more likely to be right? The recruiting services or the actual coaches at those schools? This happens to be the case with a few of our current commits. Darvin Adams had committable offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and several other mid-major schools. He was a standout at several of our camps, and with those offers it is obvious that other coaches felt the same. Harry Adams had committable offers from both Florida and LSU, two of the top teams in the country: what does that tell you about his 3-star status? Similarly, DeRon Furr and Jarmon Fortson listed several offers when they committed to Auburn. If they were to be "re-evaluated" by opposing schools right now I guarantee they get offers from almost every SEC school.

Actually, if you read what Justin5 wrote you would see that he clearly was referring to actual COACH interest and not "star ranking."

As a general rule, the quality of offers + schools going after the player is almost always more indicative of the player's true value than a star rating. When a kid is ranked a 3-star but has offers from Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina for example: who is more likely to be right? The recruiting services or the actual coaches at those schools? This happens to be the case with a few of our current commits. Darvin Adams had committable offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and several other mid-major schools. He was a standout at several of our camps, and with those offers it is obvious that other coaches felt the same. Harry Adams had committable offers from both Florida and LSU, two of the top teams in the country: what does that tell you about his 3-star status? Similarly, DeRon Furr and Jarmon Fortson listed several offers when they committed to Auburn. If they were to be "re-evaluated" by opposing schools right now I guarantee they get offers from almost every SEC school.

so what about when you have a 4 star with only one offer, wouldn't this rule apply also? if having a low star rating but offers from a bunch of quality teams means they really are a good player, wouldn't that also mean that if they have a high star rating but only one offer that means they aren't that great according to your explanation?

so what about when you have a 4 star with only one offer, wouldn't this rule apply also? if having a low star rating but offers from a bunch of quality teams means they really are a good player, wouldn't that also mean that if they have a high star rating but only one offer that means they aren't that great according to your explanation?

could be. or it could be that the player is such a clear lock that no other team will waste the time.

Stars? Only uat gets "star" players. AU gets WINNERS ! ! !

p.s. S I X ! ! !

Yes, but that doesn't have to be the case. If a prospect is a late riser he may only get one big offer and jump on it, then when the recruiting sites look at the SR film they bump him up. Example? Cameron Henderson. He didn't have any JR film sent out to schools so literally no one knew about him, he camped at Arkansas and was supposedly the best defensive player present and ended up earning an offer. He then camped at Auburn and was the best DL player we had camp with us. Shortly after that we got film on him and offered, he committed on the spot and no one else even bothered going after him (thus no more offers). Rivals then got film of him and he was upgraded to 4-star status with only :arky: and :au: offers.

At the same time a low ranking + few offers doesn't have to mean "bad player" either. These are obviously your diamond-in-the-rough recruits and dont pop up that often, but it could happen (kid plays at small school, kid doesn't have exposure, or kid is overlooked for whatever reason but is a "player" on the field). Sen'Derrick Marks is a good example, he was a 2-star when he signed with Auburn yet everyone out of Mobile was going crazy over this kid, turns out he just slipped through the cracks.

Do you ever flip that switch of yours to the off or stand-by position? You need a new act.

Do you ever flip that switch of yours to the off or stand-by position? You need a new act.

Seriously. I wasnt aware this board had a "message", but maybe Im unknowingly being persuaded by the subliminal "messages".

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...........

:au::homer:

Archived