Tide rolled over

Tigermike

January 04, 2008

Tide rolled over; Hawks' Smith still Auburn or Clemson

When Alabama coach Nick Saban rolled through Seffner in December to visit Armwood's highly-touted running back Eric Smith, shockwaves had to be sent through Auburn country.

Smith, a 5-11, 230-pound back, had narrowed his choices to Auburn and Clemson before Saban made a home visit, showing Smith highlight videos of former Bama backs. (And Eric was remembering Bo, Cadaliac, Ronnie Brown, Joe Cribs, James Brooks, James Bostic, etc,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)

But it hasn't swayed Smith, who said Friday that "I'm still pretty much between Auburn and Clemson." Smith, who has already visited Death Valley in Clemson, will make a visit to Auburn's campus on Jan. 11 and likely make his decision from there.

Smith, the third-ranked fullback in the country by rivals.com, rushed for over 1,200 yards this season in leading the Hawks to the 4A state semifinals before losing to eventual champion Booker T. Washington.

"It's pretty equal right now (between Auburn and Clemson)," Smith said. "I'm basically looking for a family atmosphere - I know I'll be there four years. I'd like a place where everyone is close together, where I feel I can get in and touch the ball early there, be a key in the offense."

-- JOE SMITH

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/01/tide-rolled-ove.html

January 04, 2008

Tide rolled over; Hawks' Smith still Auburn or Clemson

When Alabama coach Nick Saban rolled through Seffner in December to visit Armwood's highly-touted running back Eric Smith, shockwaves had to be sent through Auburn country.

Smith, a 5-11, 230-pound back, had narrowed his choices to Auburn and Clemson before Saban made a home visit, showing Smith highlight videos of former Bama backs. (And Eric was remembering Bo, Cadaliac, Ronnie Brown, Joe Cribs, James Brooks, James Bostic, etc,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)

But it hasn't swayed Smith, who said Friday that "I'm still pretty much between Auburn and Clemson." Smith, who has already visited Death Valley in Clemson, will make a visit to Auburn's campus on Jan. 11 and likely make his decision from there.

Smith, the third-ranked fullback in the country by rivals.com, rushed for over 1,200 yards this season in leading the Hawks to the 4A state semifinals before losing to eventual champion Booker T. Washington.

"It's pretty equal right now (between Auburn and Clemson)," Smith said. "I'm basically looking for a family atmosphere - I know I'll be there four years. I'd like a place where everyone is close together, where I feel I can get in and touch the ball early there, be a key in the offense."

-- JOE SMITH

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/01/tide-rolled-ove.html

Sounds like a much shorter video than Auburn's. B)

Wow, are we really going to compare how many head to head matchups we've won in recruiting this year...really?

Don't think you wanna go down that road.

Wow, are we really going to compare how many head to head matchups we've won in recruiting this year...really?

what about head to head on the field?

and i was told to pass this along to you

"please stop.

yours truly,

dead horse"

OH NO! How ever will we live without him? Come on guys, you're better than posting this stuff.

This is why everyone thinks you have little brother syndrome.

This is why everyone thinks you have little brother syndrome.

anyone else notice the irony in that statement?

I know what you are saying but you have to be at least 5'1" to be consided a little brother. Otherwise it's little sister.

This just in: Auburn fans hate Alabama.

I know, I know. Shocking. If the game was calling heads or tails on a coin flip, we want to beat you. And on an Auburn board, any time a third party puts a headline out there like that for us served up on a tee, we're gonna knock it out of the park then enjoy watching you guys pipe up and argue about it. It's like Lucy holding the ball for Charlie Brown. You guys must try to kick it one more time only to have the ball taken away again. Rinse. Repeat.

Uhhhhhhh........None? AU's going after Good Character guys that won't end up Crying about their Draft Status, or Kick Out the windows of the Police Car, or Cuss out anyone especially a person in Uniform. Quick Question for you bg, how many of those "$tar" players going to qualify the Correct Way?

Uhhhhhhh........None? AU's going after Good Character guys that won't end up Crying about their Draft Status, or Kick Out the windows of the Police Car, or Cuss out anyone especially a person in Uniform. Quick Question for you bg, how many of those "$tar" players going to qualify the Correct Way?

We only have one or two who are borderline academically. We certainly won't have NEAR as many non-quals as AU had last year.

And "none"...? Really? So you didn't offer:Mark Barron, Devonta Bolton, Don'ta Hightower, Destin Hood, Star Jackson, Barret Jones, Chris Jordan, Burton Scott, Courtney Upshaw?

And "none"...? Really? So you didn't offer:Mark Barron, Devonta Bolton, Don'ta Hightower, Destin Hood, Star Jackson, Barret Jones, Chris Jordan, Burton Scott, Courtney Upshaw?

Of course they didn't. They are going for character, which we can all tell that they have none. I mean, why else would they come to Alabama to play for Nick Saban? Oh, yeah... All the cash, cars, drugs, etc...

Of course they didn't. They are going for character, which we can all tell that they have none. I mean, why else would they come to Alabama to play for Nick Saban? Oh, yeah... All the cash, cars, drugs, etc...

at least you're not deluded into thinking it has something to do with tradishun or wanting to win football games.

We only have one or two who are borderline academically. We certainly won't have NEAR as many non-quals as AU had last year.

With 26 currently committed and UaT still recruiting, how many non qualifiers will be in this signing class?

PS - Speaking of non qualifiers in the last class, how many did Bammer have?

With 26 currently committed and UaT still recruiting, how many non qualifiers will be in this signing class?

Uh, we had 3 last year. Far fewer than Auburn.

And this highly ranked class isn't in the same league as some of our others...where we had to take a bunch of non-quals because we were on probation or losing games and couldn't really compete with some of the top schools in recruiting. Don't try to water down this class by comparing it to those where we had to take whomever we could get. It's not even the same game.

And this highly ranked class isn't in the same league as some of our others...where we had to take a bunch of non-quals because we were on probation or losing games and couldn't really compete with some of the top schools in recruiting. Don't try to water down this class by comparing it to those where we had to take whomever we could get. It's not even the same game.

I'm not the one puring the water. You are the one who brought up last years class. I asked for clarification.

So I will ask again. With 26 currently committed and UaT still recruiting, how many non qualifiers will be in this signing class?

at least you're not deluded into thinking it has something to do with tradishun or wanting to win football games.

And don't forget about "crawling on their belly over broken glass just to wear that crimpsom jersey." That's the best reason they come to uat.

So I will ask again. With 26 currently committed and UaT still recruiting, how many non qualifiers will be in this signing class?

Considering the fact that no May 08 high school graduating athlete has qualified yet, how am I supposed to answer that question?

Like I said before, (because I see where you are going with this) you can't compare this year's highly ranked class to those we've had in the past. Those littered with 4 star guys who were projects and never made it to campus...are not what this class is comprised of.

Like I said before, (because I see where you are going with this) you can't compare this year's highly ranked class to those we've had in the past. Those littered with 4 star guys who were projects and never made it to campus...are not what this class is comprised of.

You couldn't possible know what you just said because of this....

Considering the fact that no May 08 high school graduating athlete has qualified yet, how am I supposed to answer that question?

:roflol:

Man I love watching you dance in the forum.

Dance BG! DANCE!

There's a difference between absolutely knowing 100% who will making on campus...and knowing WHILE you are recruiting someone that they are a project...and probably won't make it to campus.

In the past, we had classes that were comprised of a lot of those type guys. As far as I am aware, this class doesn't have nearly as many "projects"

I'm not the one puring the water. You are the one who brought up last years class. I asked for clarification.

Very, very few.

Certainly no more than 2.

Very, very few.

Certainly no more than 2.

So are some of those 26 currently committed going to count toward last year or will there not be any more commitments? No room for Julio?

So are some of those 26 currently committed going to count toward last year or will there not be any more commitments? No room for Julio?

We have a few that are december graduates who will count against last year's class.

Archived