National Championship

ECEstudentUA

Im going with my prediction in the bowl pickem

LSU 24 - OSU 20

With a month in advance im hoping LM will be able to get his team ready and cut out some of the stupid penalties/turnovers. That and the defense will be a little healthier. But it would surprise me if they still had them. I think OSU will have at least one score resulting from LSU turnover.

osu has no prayer, they have only played four decent teams all year and lost to illinois. lsu is healthy and should be back to early season form, osu will have no answer for the speed at every position, dorsey will have a career day,

lsu in a runaway, i cannot stand them, but facts are facts, football is football, i stand by my original pick,

:lsu: 55

osu 10

I am going with LSU just because they are a SEC team. I don't care for either team, but the stronger the SEC looks in these games, it helps other SEC teams in the future when it comes to bowl selections and the BCS MNC.

LSU 34

OSU 14

This is a game that I really hate to watch.

First, you have LSU - the supposed "USC" of the SEC. They've had a tremendous amount of success over the past few years. The rich keep getting richer as recruits still flock to Bayou country. When LSU's recruiting is at its peak, it hurts Auburn's recruiting. It might be only a small pinprick into our recruiting, but I'd rather gain the national spotlight with recruits than watch LSU have all the fun.

Second, you have Ohio St - the media darlings of the east coast. Besides Notre Dame, no other team east of the Mississippi gets more media love than Ohio St. It seems that everybody is enamored with the powerhouse of Ohio St. Ohio St has one big game all year - Michigan. The other Big Ten games are decent, but they aren't anywhere near the SEC. Ohio St would be a two-three loss team in the SEC. But they aren't, so they get to enjoy the spoils. If they win, we'll hear about how Florida's win was a fluke; the SEC's speed is a myth; and Jim Tressel is a genius. I can only agree with one of those statements.

Third, the BCS is a joke and always will be a joke. All of the BS analysis has soured college football for me. People try to justify the two championship teams. Then, a third team comes into the mix - USC (possibly Georgia). We have a system in place that determines the top two teams. Well, the system obviously hasn't worked. And if it has worked, it obviously hasn't been properly advertised. Why is LSU better than Georgia? Why is LSU better than Kansas? Why is LSU better than USC or Missouri or Oklahoma or West Virginia? We could post a novel's length of a reply to answer those questions, but when it all comes down to it, it's all subjective opinion. The coaches poll - subjective opinion. The Harris poll - subjective opinion. Hell, even the computers aren't entirely objective. Why should a team with better stats be ranked higher? Why should a team whose schedule is supposedly tougher based on subjective polls be ranked higher?

The best thing about NFL football is that the Patriots aren't crowned champions yet. They're 0-0. They're equal with the New York Giants. What the Patriots did was accomplish what they needed to accomplish to have a chance at the Super Bowl. LSU and Ohio St accomplished what they needed to accomplish to have a chance at the NC. The problem is that many other teams did too.

Sorry for the rant. But it does relate. Ohio St is a one loss Big Ten champion. Based on the history of the subjective opinions of voters, Ohio St should be in the NC game. However, LSU is a two loss SEC champion who lost the last game of the regular season. Based on the history of the subjective opinions of voters and past NC competitors, LSU should not be in the NC game. Therefore, it's time to stick it to the man. Geaux Tigers! But tomorrow, go straight to hell.

LSU 31 - Ohio St 14

This game doesn't really have the feel of a national championship game...it just seems like another contest between two pretty good teams. I'm hoping it turns out to be worthy of its billing.

Since both teams can't lose, I guess I'll half-heartedly root for LSU.

Did anyone see the Glenn Doresy - Forest Gump skit? That was great stuff. I hope LSU represnts the SEC well tonight and beats down Ohio State. 7-2 in bowl games would be GREAT!

This game doesn't really have the feel of a national championship game...it just seems like another contest between two pretty good teams. I'm hoping it turns out to be worthy of its billing.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I had actually forget about the game being tonight until I logged in and read this thread.

Three ESPN stooges picked Ohio St. It's a lock for LSU.

Three ESPN stooges picked Ohio St. It's a lock for LSU.

Your kidding?

Last night they all were talking how they thought LSU would win. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I feel the same way. I had actually forget about the game being tonight until I logged in and read this thread.

I forgot about the game until about 3:00pm today. I was making a call to the girlfriend deciding what I was going to do tonight.

I think the BCS game being after the first week of the NFL playoffs has killed the flare of the game. I love college football, but with Auburn not playing in the BCS championship, it just doesn't have the pizazz that the Wild Card games had.

I forgot about the game until about 3:00pm today. I was making a call to the girlfriend deciding what I was going to do tonight.

I think the BCS game being after the first week of the NFL playoffs has killed the flare of the game. I love college football, but with Auburn not playing in the BCS championship, it just doesn't have the pizazz that the Wild Card games had.

the NFL playoffs have exceeded all expectations, they have been ausome, this weekend games should be

off the chart

The Skins nice little run came to a screeching halt this past weekend, so football season is pretty much done for me. I am already gearing up for baseball season.

I've been praying for several weeks that LSU will lose.

We're going to find out if there's a God tonight, and I'm guessing there is one.

Or the overall faithfulness of the fanbase as a whole? Or just the people who are prayerful for a win? Or just the football team? Or just the fans of the football team, not the people who are hoping not for a win by one team, but a loss?

On that note, we have found some common ground. I am hoping that LSU gets embarrassed tonight.

Based on your post, the big fella upstairs obviously took a night off.

I was making a call to the girlfriend deciding what I was going to do tonight.

So was Fmnstr upset when you remembered the game?

:poke:

j/k

:roflol::thumbsdown:

Archived