Fox Coverage

AUesquire

The coverage of this game is by far the best I've seen in a long, long time. It may change in the second half but to this point, it's been about the game, pure and simple. They haven't gone into a complete life history on every single player that gets his name called. They've called the game, shown the replays and got on with it. Hell, I don't even know who these announcers are. But, the play-by-play man calls the action and the color guy is giving straight forward, unbiased analysis without any superlatives. They're keeping it all about the game and not about themselves or the production. It's not too far off from a regular season game.

Aside from the one comment about Glenn,the most overrated player in the country, Dorsey possibly being the best defensive player in the land, it's been good coverage.

The coverage of this game is by far the best I've seen in a long, long time. It may change in the second half but to this point, it's been about the game, pure and simple. They haven't gone into a complete life history on every single player that gets his name called. They've called the game, shown the replays and got on with it. Hell, I don't even know who these announcers are. But, the play-by-play man calls the action and the color guy is giving straight forward, unbiased analysis without any superlatives. They're keeping it all about the game and not about themselves or the production. It's not too far off from a regular season game.

Aside from the one comment about Glenn "the most overrated player in the country" Dorsey possibly being the best defensive player in the land, it's been good coverage.

Yeah, but he showed that He Is The Best Player.......Ever, Ever... when he made that one tackle two yards down the field...I also saw him get Pancaked, not once but Twice. I guess that Illegal Chop block from two months ago is still hurtin' him...what a Baby. And Yes, before anyone tries to Jump on me, I have been Chopped and had my Ankle twisted in HS, but I played without pain a few weeks later...It's called ReHab, and it Sucked. Anyway, with the way he's being Manhandled on Most downs, doesn't look too good to the NFL Scouts that are there in abundance.

Did they mention the "chop block" on Dorsey ten times yet? I have not noticed it mentioned even once yet, but I am "working" a bit.

Did they mention the "chop block" on Dorsey ten times yet? I have not noticed it mentioned even once yet, but I am "working" a bit.

no but i've seen plenty of lsu and osu linemen chop block tonight. what a bunch of dirty thugs :rolleyes:

Aside from the one comment about Glenn "the most overrated player in the country" Dorsey possibly being the best defensive player in the land, it's been good coverage.

Yeah, but he showed that He Is The Best Player.......Ever, Ever... when he made that one tackle two yards down the field...I also saw him get Pancaked, not once but Twice. I guess that Illegal Chop block from two months ago is still hurtin' him...what a Baby. And Yes, before anyone tries to Jump on me, I have been Chopped and had my Ankle twisted in HS, but I played without pain a few weeks later...It's called ReHab, and it Sucked. Anyway, with the way he's being Manhandled on Most downs, doesn't look too good to the NFL Scouts that are there in abundance.

You're on drugs. Dorsey is a beast.

I agree, they've had great coverage this entire bowl season. I wish they would cover more, it's all game and no bias. Hats off to Fox!!

You're on drugs. Dorsey is a beast.

5 tackles and a forced fumble. You can't ask much more out of a defensive tackle. He had a few QB hurries as well.

Those stats could have gotten even better. I quit paying close attention with 4 minutes left.

I agree, they've had great coverage this entire bowl season. I wish they would cover more, it's all game and no bias. Hats off to Fox!!

That's my point. The COVERAGE!!! They called the game without all the glitter and bio's, the hype and the hooplah. It was the championship game but they pretty much kept it confined to straight-forward, simple coverage and all of the game.

Great job, FOX!!! :thumbsup:

I think Charles Davis (color commentary) was on TBS a few years ago when they broadcast some college football...I've always thought he was very capable.

Too bad most of the BCS games sucked...the only one of the bunch that was remotely competitive was the Orange Bowl.

Aside from the one comment about Glenn,the most overrated player in the country, Dorsey possibly being the best defensive player in the land, it's been good coverage.

I may have been listening to the same game as you were, but I certainly wasn't WATCHING the same game; I thought Fox's director should have been taken out back of the Super Dome and shot before the end of the 1st quarter!! Holy cow, at the end of every play they flipped instantly to the OSU band or a zoom-shot up Matt Flynn's nose (or whichever other offensive player was involved in the play), they almost never showed a replay, or went over the past play in any detail, except the few major ones. Between every play was a fill-in from one zoom-shot to the next, and then they would switch to the wide angle field-shot right before the snap, with no time to really take in and analyze the formations. Honestly, a few times I thought a chimpanzee had locked himself into the director's booth and just started hitting buttons. A major Network covering a sporting even of this magnitude should NOT have included the OSU band UP CLOSE a good TWO DOZEN times (cheerleaders and majorettes, yes, band, no), that's just pure incompetence.

You can complain about CBS and ESPN announcers all day, but their video production is 100,000 times better than Fox's was last night.

10k commercials is a given but I really liked the Fox coverage.

The announcers knew enough about the kids to not sound cluesless, they show the bands at halftime, and stayed down the middle of the road in terms team vs. team coverage.

I wasn't a fan of the coverage of some of the earlier BCS games but the championship game was fine with me.

This year's coverage of the NCG, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta was some of the WORST TV coverage ever put together in the history of TV coverage of football events

EVER

This year's coverage of the NCG, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta was some of the WORST TV coverage ever put together in the history of TV coverage of football events

EVER

Totally disagree on the national championship game. Why? Because they took a completely different appraoch than virtually all the networks in the preceeding years. Maybe even their own. It was about the game, plain and simple. It wasn't about the announcers, or 5000 biographies and story lines and the history of New Orleans and the Super Dome or balloons and 5 million cute commercials and EVERY players dad and mom etc. They kicked it off and the announcers called the game. I thought the color analyst broke down each play well and then they went on with it.

My problem is that whenever I get ready to sit down and watch a game like this, here's what I expect...

Well, they say it's going to start at 7:00 p.m. soooooo realistically, after Dan Fouts, Pat Haden, Kirk Turdstreet, Lee Torso, Bob Griese, Bob Costas, Chris Berman, Stuart Scott, Pat Sajack, Alex Trebek, Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather finish breaking it down and thoroughly discussing the lineage of every single player all the way back to Moses leading the people out of.... :banghead:

It should be about ooooohhhh say, 11:30.

Then we'll have the coin toss, sponsored by...Tampax (Obligatory 5 commercials about wind-surfing and feeling fresh) Come back from break to analyze the commemorative Tampax coin to be used in the coin toss and then introduce Hillary Clinton, who will handle the coin toss......(Oh please God, let there be just one bullet in the chamber so I can end this)

LSU has won the coin toss!!! When we come back, the kick off of the BCS national championship game.....

Break for 74 more commercials....It's now 4:15 a.m.

Why? Because they took a completely different appraoch than virtually all the networks in the preceeding years. Maybe even their own. It was about the game, plain and simple.

- The announcers were borderline retarded IQ wise

- Their lack of replays were a joke at MANY parts of the game

- The announcers in-game talks during timeouts (whenever a commercial wasn't going on) ranged from "Please God stop talking" to "I want to stab my ears" thus causing the Mute button to be pressed

- You said they did a good job breaking down the plays, I thought I was listening to a guy that had never played before last night. OSU's LB crew were getting abused all last night and they make ONE tackle in the 3rd quarter while down I think 14+ points and the black guy (I just forgot his name) says "That is why they are the #1 D in the land" What? How many points does LSU have? How many whiffed tackles?

- How about the white announcer talk of Stafford starting from "Day 1" as he put it during the Hawaii/UGA game....he didn't even start until midway through last year....that is a pretty big messup when dealing with both teams...they also called Moreno a true freshman twice....how hard is it to do simple research on the teams that you are announcing?

- Fiesta Bowl....how many times did they talk about the NCG? 5-6 times in the first half alone? I lost count

- Pat White was a graduating senior....anyone catch that gem during the Fiesta? They later corrected themselves right after but that was amusing...

I mean....those are just off the top of my head right now....there were tons of other times I want to just change the channel but I wanted to watch the games so badly....and though the MUTE option was available and used at times....I like to hear whats going on if I am in the Kitchen/Living room or on the computer

So, you got turned down by that hot babe you finally got the nerve to ask out, huh?

You can talk about it. We'll listen.

Really :big:

Oh no, I get turned down all the time. I am used to it

Archived