Enrique Davis

tejasjack

Davis is visiting Ole Miss this weekend, along with Trahan....are there grade issues with both, as I am hearing?

I know there's grade issues with Trahan...with Enrique I've heard that there Might be. But, going to Ole Miss isn't going to matter as far as qualifying, because they're still an SEC school, if that was what you were implying. Now, if they were looking at a Big East school, then most definitely they'd be able to get in there.

So what are our chances of losing Enrique Davis to some other school because he is definetly looking. This worries me a little.

I'll bet Nutt-Job is telling him he can do for him what he did for McFadden and Jones.

So what are our chances of losing Enrique Davis to some other school because he is definetly looking. This worries me a little.

I'll bet Nutt-Job is telling him he can do for him what he did for McFadden and Jones.

Like Nutt had anything to do with that....They would have been stars NO MATTER what SEC schools they played at and both would have started ANYWHERE in the country. He would only just about be guaranteed of playing next year at ol piss.

Like Nutt had anything to do with that....They would have been stars NO MATTER what SEC schools they played at and both would have started ANYWHERE in the country. He would only just about be guaranteed of playing next year at ol piss.

Nutt runs the ball alot. That's the appeal.

Davis is visiting Ole Miss this weekend, along with Trahan....are there grade issues with both, as I am hearing?

I know there's grade issues with Trahan...with Enrique I've heard that there Might be. But, going to Ole Miss isn't going to matter as far as qualifying, because they're still an SEC school, if that was what you were implying. Now, if they were looking at a Big East school, then most definitely they'd be able to get in there.

Every SEC school is different. Vanderbilt is the obvious one there. I know it is tougher to get into some schools than it is others. That said, Ole Miss is one of the easiest schools to get into. My brother didn't get into Auburn, so he went to Ole Miss. But then again, he isn't a football player.

So the question is: are qualifications based on University or by Conference? My guess would be University.

Nutt runs the ball alot. That's the appeal.

That was my thought.

Nutt ran off perhaps the best quarterback Arkansas could have ever had in favor of his running backs.

I wasn't implying anything...just trying to figure out why Davis, a long time, solid AU signee/commit, is suddenly taking trips elsewhere. If it is grades, then I am assuming that we may be walking away since this is his 2nd chance and he has failed again...maybe Nutt is willing to wait another year on him whereas AU is fed up? I'm just trying to make sense of it.

I wasn't implying anything...just trying to figure out why Davis, a long time, solid AU signee/commit, is suddenly taking trips elsewhere. If it is grades, then I am assuming that we may be walking away since this is his 2nd chance and he has failed again...maybe Nutt is willing to wait another year on him whereas AU is fed up? I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Its not grades.

C'mon people...its not that hard. We made a dramatic switch in offensive...from a heavy pro-running scheme to a spread offense that revolves around the quarterback. Davis is a runningback and chose Auburn because of our old offense. The switch to a spread has him questioning his decision for obvious reasons.

Its not grades.

C'mon people...its not that hard. We made a dramatic switch in offensive...from a heavy pro-running scheme to a spread offense that revolves around the quarterback. Davis is a runningback and chose Auburn because of our old offense. The switch to a spread has him questioning his decision for obvious reasons.

So I guess there is something to the statement "Will runningbacks still come to Auburn"

Its not grades.

very good point metafour and i bet our log jam at rb is something he may be wary of as well. Im sure Ole Miss and FSU are promising early playing time with alot of carries something Auburn may not be offering. Kids now awaydays dont want to sit or redshirt they want to play. We will be fine without him, Enrique needs Auburn more than we need him. I still hope he signs with us but if he doesnt we still have a great stable of RBs and can get an extra RB in next years recruiting class.

Its not grades.

So I guess there is something to the statement "Will runningbacks still come to Auburn"

The answer to that is still yes. Probably not at the rate we had them coming in before, but this offense will still attract RBs. The problem on the Enrique Davis front is that we haven't visited with him since hiring Franklin. As of right now, Davis REALLY doesn't like the switch. Until we visit with him he will remain to look around. The good news is that he isn't going to make a decision until he meets with Franklin, and when that does happen, I believe that he will decide to stick with us. Franklin can sell his offense, just look at Eric Smith.

Its not grades.

very good point metafour and i bet our log jam at rb is something he may be wary of as well. Im sure Ole Miss and FSU are promising early playing time with alot of carries something Auburn may not be offering. Kids now awaydays dont want to sit or redshirt they want to play. We will be fine without him, Enrique needs Auburn more than we need him. I still hope he signs with us but if he doesnt we still have a great stable of RBs and can get an extra RB in next years recruiting class.

That really isn't a concern either. If Davis signs with us, he WILL play next year. The obvious reason being because he is that good, but the other reason being that CTT doesn't believe in redshirting Prep and JUCO transfers. There really isn't even much of a log-jam at RB either. Lester will be a SR next year and Tate will be a JR. Mario Fannin from now on is going to be a receiver so he really isn't even in the picture anymore in terms of the RB depth chart.

Its not grades.

That really isn't a concern either. If Davis signs with us, he WILL play next year. The obvious reason being because he is that good, but the other reason being that CTT doesn't believe in redshirting Prep and JUCO transfers. There really isn't even much of a log-jam at RB either. Lester will be a SR next year and Tate will be a JR. Mario Fannin from now on is going to be a receiver so he really isn't even in the picture anymore in terms of the RB depth chart.

I don't see why a RB would still not want to come to AU. Even if we have changed to the spread. Take a look at the successful spreads and you will see they rely heavily on the run to be successful. WVU relied a lot on Slaton, and at Oregon, Stewart rushed for over 1,700 yds. UF is about the only team that I have seen that has not ran the ball as successful as others have and that is b/c Tebow is the only one down there that can run the ball. If you watch a strong and talented spread offense they will pitch out a lot and use the RB's, I would like to think that a RB will still come and play for us. I don't see why not. Now in the case of Davis, if he doesn't want to play at AU, then let him play at Ole Miss, and then we can enjoy our outstanding D-line and LB's snap him in half when we play them. I say that if you don't have your heart totally committed to AU then get out and good riddance.

It looks like he's hit the road.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/01/..._longer_co.html

Bummer. I was looking forward to seeing run over the SEC.

Its not grades.

I don't see why a RB would still not want to come to AU. Even if we have changed to the spread. Take a look at the successful spreads and you will see they rely heavily on the run to be successful. WVU relied a lot on Slaton, and at Oregon, Stewart rushed for over 1,700 yds. UF is about the only team that I have seen that has not ran the ball as successful as others have and that is b/c Tebow is the only one down there that can run the ball. If you watch a strong and talented spread offense they will pitch out a lot and use the RB's, I would like to think that a RB will still come and play for us. I don't see why not. Now in the case of Davis, if he doesn't want to play at AU, then let him play at Ole Miss, and then we can enjoy our outstanding D-line and LB's snap him in half when we play them. I say that if you don't have your heart totally committed to AU then get out and good riddance.

Let's cut the kid a little slack.

You know Nutt is telling him the offense at Ole Miss is going to revolve around him and he won't get any carries at Auburn. Niether are true, but he can figure that out on his own.

I'm sure Franklin and Tuberville will tell it to him straight too. Lester, Tate, and Fannin are ahead of him on the depth chart at Auburn. Not sure if Ole Miss even has a depth chart at RB after Green-Ellis left. If ER is as good as billed, he will play next season at Auburn, he just may have to work a little harder to get playing time initially.

Wherever he goes, he will be an impact player next season.

meta, Fannin's move to slot seems a LOT less permanent than it does "we've gotta get Lester, Tate, and Fannin on the field right NOW." You're telling me it was a coincidence that he was lined up in the backfield almost an even number of plays in the first half against Clemson? He's moving outside because he's got the best hands of the three. Once Lester is gone, I'll be dollar to a dime that Fannin right back in the top two at running back.

I completely agree with the move right now because he's our most explosive offensive weapon, but it would be silly to pretend that he's a wide receiver for the rest of his career. Mario Fannin is going to be an NFL tailback one day soon.

As for Enrique, I hope he comes to Auburn. I hope he lines up and contributes here. He's been signed up waiting for a long time now. It'd be a shame to lose him now. BUT if he goes to Ole Miss, I hope he enjoys the hell out of all 20 career wins in Oxford. That team is going nowhere fast. If he wants to win, he comes to Auburn; if he wants to be the sole light on a bad team, he goes to Oxford.

the quote, verbatim, "I'm not going to Auburn anymore," from his interview is all the proof i need that the kid is no longer interested, no matter what visits we give him. DAMN that stings.

the quote, verbatim, "I'm not going to Auburn anymore," from his interview is all the proof i need that the kid is no longer interested, no matter what visits we give him. DAMN that stings.

You must be reading something besides Marshall's blog. Davis says Auburn is still in the mix and he will meet with Franklin and Gran next week.

You must be reading something besides Marshall's blog. Davis says Auburn is still in the mix and he will meet with Franklin and Gran next week.

Rivals.

Enrique Davis has officially decommitted.

A bunch of AU coaches are going to fly to Virginia to speak with him about it. I just think it's too hard not to pass up offenses like Houston Nutt. I wish he'd come to AU, and I'm sure he would be hugely successful in our system. But, I can't blame the kid if he's a bit scared of what's going to happen. He can go to Ole Miss and compete for the starting job in a system that has produced McFadden/Jones. Or, he can come to Auburn and compete in a system that's known for quarterback play.

Hey guys, don't worry. I mean he was on our recruiting ranking last year. I mean that is all that matters right :rolleyes:

See why I say those who go Prep / JUCO shouldn't count and that you can't necessarily count on them to sign when eligible...

And if Nutt says he'll focus his offense around him - who says it couldn't be true? Have you been sleeping under a rock or just failed to watch any game or clip of an Arkansas offense the past two years?

Yeah...but with Ole Piss without a Real QB, the SEC Defenses will be Teeing off on 'ol Enrique, but with Auburn...Defenses, like was stated before, will have to basically spread 'em out as well, and that should open the Run between the Tackles where he said he loves to run. And, let me make a point about Houston Nutt's Offense.....where was it before Darren McFadden? I'll tell yall this, Enrique ain't no DMC.....Eric Dickerson is probably the Only RB that is in the same mold.

ED had better take this into consideration...."Do I go to AU and be the next Big Thing.....or do I go to Ole Miss and not produce because teams are lining up 11 in the box and I can't find a hole anywhere??"

Archived