Enrique Davis

tejasjack

And if Nutt says he'll focus his offense around him - who says it couldn't be true?

Mitch Mustain and a couple of highly WRs for starters.

Yeah...but with Ole Piss without a Real QB, the SEC Defenses will be Teeing off on 'ol Enrique, but with Auburn...Defenses, like was stated before, will have to basically spread 'em out as well, and that should open the Run between the Tackles where he said he loves to run. And, let me make a point about Houston Nutt's Offense.....where was it before Darren McFadden? I'll tell yall this, Enrique ain't no DMC.....Eric Dickerson is probably the Only RB that is in the same mold.

ED had better take this into consideration...."Do I go to AU and be the next Big Thing.....or do I go to Ole Miss and not produce because teams are lining up 11 in the box and I can't find a hole anywhere??"

Again... Darren McFadden. Arkansas did not have a great QB last year. He was very inconsistent and the entire game revolved around McFadden all 13 games. Even when teams would stack the line, he still lead them to a Western Division Title. This year, he still became Heisman Runner up.

I'm not saying Nutt will tell ED this, but I wouldn't call him a liar.

And to compare ED to Mustain. Guys... Mustain was a QB. ED is a running back. McFadden and Jones were RBs... get he picture?

Also, I think it's important to note that Mitch Mustain is completely overrated. I've seen on this site that he's "the best QB Arkansas every had" and other such bogus crap. I'm wondering if everyone will still think that after Mark Sanchez beats him out this year. He was average AT BEST as a freshman, and having seen all three play, he couldn't throw Tebow or Stafford's jock. Mustain might've been lied to.... the bigger problem is that he wasn't very good. His record is very very very little to do with him (ie. he threw for 80 yards in the Auburn win).

If Davis goes to Ole Miss, he will be the focus of the offense, and I fully expect Ole Miss to try and run something similar to Arkansas' offense from 02-06. Snead can move. He's not Matt Jones, but they'll run the option a good deal next year. He'll get a LOT more carries in Oxford next year than he will in Auburn. He'd be behind Lester and Tate for sure, Fannin is going to get his touches regardless of where he "starts", and Tristan Davis may work back into the picture. There is no one between him and the starting lineup at Ole Miss since Green-Ellis graduated. That said, Ole Miss will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

as a little update, davis has rated his visit to oxford a 10, and gave it a glowing review. said he thought about committing, but first he'd like to take two more visits to tennessee and oregon. can somebody tell me what sounds fishy about those two schools in particular? THEY BOTH RUN THE DAMN SPREAD. this kid wants to see the field next year, and is obviously pulling a muschamp-ian slide to the left to make it look like our "new offense" is what's making him bail on us. we're done on this one.

the quote, verbatim, "I'm not going to Auburn anymore," from his interview is all the proof i need that the kid is no longer interested, no matter what visits we give him. DAMN that stings.

You must be reading something besides Marshall's blog. Davis says Auburn is still in the mix and he will meet with Franklin and Gran next week.

Rivals.

Enrique Davis has officially decommitted.

A bunch of AU coaches are going to fly to Virginia to speak with him about it. I just think it's too hard not to pass up offenses like Houston Nutt. I wish he'd come to AU, and I'm sure he would be hugely successful in our system. But, I can't blame the kid if he's a bit scared of what's going to happen. He can go to Ole Miss and compete for the starting job in a system that has produced McFadden/Jones. Or, he can come to Auburn and compete in a system that's known for quarterback play.

Let's get one thing straight, Houston Nutt didn't "produce" McFadden or Jones. McFadden and Jones were the products of two things...1) Freakish Talent and 2) Good Offensive Lines.

As far as the talent goes, I don't think anyone is going to argue with me on that. I had the opportunity to watch them play twice in 2006 and one play stands out to me. In the Arkansas-LSU game the friday after thanksgiving, McFadden made a cut and went 80 yards in one play. As McFadden crossed the 50 he was leaving the LSU DBs. The kid has more athletic ability than all of us on this board combined.

As far as Offensive lines. The headline was Tony Ugoh, who protected Peyton Mannings blindside in Indy this past NFL season as a rookie. Also they had 2007 SEC All-Conference C, Jonathan Luigs. They had a fantastic offensive line that opened holes for them all season.

Now, as far as Houston Nutt goes, there is a reason that people in Arkansas wanted him gone. The only reason that Arkansas didn't go undefeated last season was Houston Nutt. He is an ego maniac who only hired an offensive coordinator when forced to by the Arkansas administration. One play that stood out to me, in the same Arkansas-LSU game in 2006, facing 4th and 1, Nutt calls a pass.

Houston Nutt is not a good coach and he will not last long at Ole Miss.

but first he'd like to take two more visits to tennessee and oregon. can somebody tell me what sounds fishy about those two schools in particular? THEY BOTH RUN THE DAMN SPREAD. this kid wants to see the field next year, and is obviously pulling a muschamp-ian slide to the left to make it look like our "new offense" is what's making him bail on us. we're done on this one.

Tennessee does not run the spread...they run a pro-styled offense and from what I've been told they will continue to do so even with the new OC, and honestly, I dont see them as much of a player in this while thing (too much RB depth). Oregon does run a spread, but it is nothing like the one we will run under Franklin. Oregon runs a spread-option which is essentially a running spread as I'm sure most people know. While we will run a lot out of Franklin's offense it wont be anywhere near as much as they will in Oregon. The worry out of Davis is that our version of the spread will focus too much on passing the ball, and I'm sure he's had quite a few people/programs whispering that into his ear. Franklin came from "under the wing" of current New Mexico State HC Hal Mumme (who we played this year). Franklin's offense is derived from Mumme's "Air Raid" offense which also produced the offense seen at Texas Tech under HC Mike Leach who is another Mumme protege. It is easy for someone to contact Davis and say: "Hey, you know Auburn's new OC came from the same place as the coach at Texas Tech? He believes in passing the ball." On pure terminology our spread will actually be very similar to Texas Tech's, but Franklin has taken the Air Raid and refined it into his own offense. This is why it is so important to meet Davis in person and explain the new offense and how it works, because at this point there is no way he knows much about it. I have no idea if we'll be able to turn him back our way but it definitely isn't out of the question. Its been known for a while that Davis wasn't pleased with the switch in the offense and that he was going to need convincing (ie: this didn't come out of nowhere), but I personally felt a lot better about this situation before he openly de-committed.

but first he'd like to take two more visits to tennessee and oregon. can somebody tell me what sounds fishy about those two schools in particular? THEY BOTH RUN THE DAMN SPREAD. this kid wants to see the field next year, and is obviously pulling a muschamp-ian slide to the left to make it look like our "new offense" is what's making him bail on us. we're done on this one.

Tennessee does not run the spread...they run a pro-styled offense and from what I've been told they will continue to do so even with the new OC, and honestly, I dont see them as much of a player in this while thing (too much RB depth). Oregon does run a spread, but it is nothing like the one we will run under Franklin. Oregon runs a spread-option which is essentially a running spread as I'm sure most people know. While we will run a lot out of Franklin's offense it wont be anywhere near as much as they will in Oregon. The worry out of Davis is that our version of the spread will focus too much on passing the ball, and I'm sure he's had quite a few people/programs whispering that into his ear. Franklin came from "under the wing" of current New Mexico State HC Hal Mumme (who we played this year). Franklin's offense is derived from Mumme's "Air Raid" offense which also produced the offense seen at Texas Tech under HC Mike Leach who is another Mumme protege. It is easy for someone to contact Davis and say: "Hey, you know Auburn's new OC came from the same place as the coach at Texas Tech? He believes in passing the ball." On pure terminology our spread will actually be very similar to Texas Tech's, but Franklin has taken the Air Raid and refined it into his own offense. This is why it is so important to meet Davis in person and explain the new offense and how it works, because at this point there is no way he knows much about it. I have no idea if we'll be able to turn him back our way but it definitely isn't out of the question. Its been known for a while that Davis wasn't pleased with the switch in the offense and that he was going to need convincing (ie: this didn't come out of nowhere), but I personally felt a lot better about this situation before he openly de-committed.

i'll admit that i may have been wrong about ut's offense, because i've just been going on what i've been hearing. i'm not him, so i have no idea what his true intentions are, but i really don't see us making this happen. kid is going elsewhere.

Archived