Keep Recruiting in Perspective

'76 Tiger

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/01/...lip_rivers.html

Phillip Marshall is right. We need to keep things in perspective. Our coaches seem genuinely happy with the players who have committed. They have seen almost all of them at summer camps. I am content and happy.

I do confess and agree that $aban has gotten a good group of recruits also. When we tee it up in four years we will vanquish a worthy opponent.

I dislike this part of the cycle. It is the beginning, but it is behind a vail. I look forward to spring training and two-a-days. We start to find out then who will be there for us.

WDE!

Bob in Winter Haven, FL

Well, one thing we have to realize is that Saban is the flavor of the month. He's new and the players are listening to the hype rather than rationalizing. Also, Saban does things that our coaches aren't willing to do. Like, promise immediate playing time. We tell them they will have a chance to compete. Telling them they are a star and the ones we have aren't good enoough. Our's are good enough and the staff isn't going to go around throw the current players under the bus. Like, providing ATV's for the recruits to ride around on for a weekend of fun and games. Our coaches let the players take them around town and show them a good time, but we aren't going to make it look like its fun and games the whole time. If you are dumb enough to think because you were able to do what ever you wanted and its always going to be like that, then you need to go to AL. Because when reality sets in you aren't going to want to be there anyway...

Archived