Another T-town rumor hits the truth in Milwaukee

JohnDeere

JSONLINE

Clements in demand?

Published reports out of Alabama say Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban is interested in talking to Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements about becoming his offensive coordinator. Clements said he had not been contacted.

"I have no clue where that's coming from, truthfully," Clements said. "There is nothing on the horizon right now."

Clements has been linked to Saban in the past but Clements said those reports were "untrue" as well.

It seems a stretch that Clements would leave for a college job when his work with Favre and Aaron Rodgers would likely qualify Clements for a coordinator position in the NFL, a job he had in 2004 and '05 with the Buffalo Bills.

And Clements' head coach with the Bills, Mike Mularkey, would likely tell Clements to pass on working for Saban. Mularkey was constantly second-guessed in staff meetings in 2006 when he was Saban's offensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins.

Ouch.......That's going to leave a mark!

You know, I have to admire how CTT handles his hiring of coaches. Namely, you don't hear anything until the deal is done. Nobody knew the Muschamp hiring was in the wind. And nobody really new about our new OC and DC until things were settled.

On the other hand, Saban is beginning to sound a little desperate. "Do you want to be my OC? What about you? Hey, buddy, how about you? Yeah, you over there." This really does not enhance the party line that Saban is a premier coach at a premier program. If that were the case, how come nobody wants to work for this guy or this program?

because he hasn't asked anybody, of course them saying they don't want the job first hasn't helped.

I guess no one want's to win championships...losers

The Nebraska OC also declined an interview. How many does this make now?

I too would like a running total, perhaps deserving its own thread, and modified by the original poster much like the recruiting threads.

This would come in handy to shut the inevitable "We always get our #1 man" bammers up quickly.

I too would like a running total, perhaps deserving its own thread, and modified by the original poster much like the recruiting threads.

This would come in handy to shut the inevitable "We always get our #1 man" bammers up quickly.

Those were all decoys, they always get their #1 man! :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Why is Rush Propst not on the list???

He's waiting for his good buddy Franklin to land him a job on the AU staff.

There are no openings.

There are no openings.

Plus the Red Elephants would do everything short of murder to keep Propst off the Auburn payroll.

You aren't giving REC enough credit seems one member's company is being

accussed of such things in South America as we post.

There are no openings.

Plus the Red Elephants would do everything short of murder to keep Propst off the Auburn payroll.

You really think they would stop there?

1. Norm Chow (Titans) - took UCLA job

2. Jeff Brohm (Louisville) - No interest

3. Chris Hatcher (Ga Southern) - Remaining at GA Southern

4. Scott Loeffler (Michigan) - went to Lions

5. Shawn Watson (Nebraska) - Saw UAT coming and locked door

6. ??

6. ?? Freddie Kitchens

6. Mike Schultz OC/RB Coach (TCU) - ??

7. Fatty Kitchens??

8. Jay Barker??

9. Joe Pendry??

ok...i lollered at 'freddie kitchens'.

also, this coaching search is really turning out to be not unlike their past 2 or 3 searches for a HC... quite entertaining, even if it's not being played out in the national media.

also, this coaching search is really turning out to be not unlike their past 2 or 3 searches for a HC... quite entertaining, even if it's not being played out in the national media.

It's even more entertaining when you think back that they were laughing when Tubs kept quiet about the search for a DC for a couple of weeks. They liked to think we were having trouble until Tubs got his first choice.

i still don't think we will be getting an OC. i believe they are looking for a new QB coach, and Pendry will be OC. i've made that assumption from day 1 of this search, but all i'm doing is assuming....and you know what happens when you assume things...

i still don't think we will be getting an OC. i believe they are looking for a new QB coach, and Pendry will be OC. i've made that assumption from day 1 of this search, but all i'm doing is assuming....and you know what happens when you assume things...

So you think Saban is interviewing (or wanting to) current OCs and at least one HC to be the QB coach. You have to be kidding.

I sure hope you are right that Pendry will be the OC. That would be the best thing I could hope for.

I vote for Mike Shula for Alabama Co-OC and QB coach...They are already paying him and JPW was actually getting better before the Major came in and taught him the Brodie Croyle cringe and roll.

i honestly think CMS is an excellent QB coach....just not head coach material imho.

I heard that Saban is the new greeter at the Tuscalooser Wal-Mart, he is looking for an OC and greeting everyone who comes in. Terry Bowden wants a job, wonder if he shops at Wal-Mart.

Maybe we should cut Alabama a little slack with trying to get someone to come to work for them. Look at their sales pitch:

Come work at what once was the state's flagship university. Live in the most violent small town in America. Work for a megalomaniac with a Napoleon complex. Meet the fan base - they are the ones holding a box of Tide and two rolls of Charmin duct taped to a broom stick. They may be wearing a T-shirt boasting 12 national championships. We know 3+4 does not equal twelve, but you can't convince them of that. Also if you call a passing play that does not win the game then you should have run the ball. If you call a running play that does not win the game then you should have thrown the ball. If you call a pass/run option that does not win the game then you should have settled for the field goal. You are the seventh winningest program in your conference this century. Alabama is 17-24 (.405) against Top 25 teams at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Your quarterback was the geeky chick from Square Pegs and your only real offensive threats just graduated. You have lost to LSU five years in a row (the last time LSU was bad enough to lose to Alabama their coach was Nick Saban), Tennessee two years in a row, Mississippi State two years in a row (honestly, you can't make that kind of stuff up), and Auburn six years in a row, and you are also on a losing streak to ULM, Northern Illinois, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Central Florida, and Minnesota. And finally, you have never, ever beaten Auburn on your home turf. And it does not look like things will be getting better any time soon.

Should we take your screaming and running away as a maybe?

Archived