Another T-town rumor hits the truth in Milwaukee

JohnDeere

On the other hand, Saban is beginning to sound a little desperate. "Do you want to be my OC? What about you? Hey, buddy, how about you? Yeah, you over there." This really does not enhance the party line that Saban is a premier coach at a premier program. If that were the case, how come nobody wants to work for this guy or this program?

I hear the position is now being advertised by the Darrell Walker Temp Force Agency. Still no takers.

Maybe we should cut Alabama a little slack with trying to get someone to come to work for them. Look at their sales pitch:

Come work at what once was the state's flagship university. Live in the most violent small town in America. Work for a megalomaniac with a Napoleon complex. Meet the fan base - they are the ones holding a box of Tide and two rolls of Charmin duct taped to a broom stick. They may be wearing a T-shirt boasting 12 national championships. We know 3+4 does not equal twelve, but you can't convince them of that. Also if you call a passing play that does not win the game then you should have run the ball. If you call a running play that does not win the game then you should have thrown the ball. If you call a pass/run option that does not win the game then you should have settled for the field goal. You are the seventh winningest program in your conference this century. Alabama is 17-24 (.405) against Top 25 teams at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Your quarterback was the geeky chick from Square Pegs and your only real offensive threats just graduated. You have lost to LSU five years in a row (the last time LSU was bad enough to lose to Alabama their coach was Nick Saban), Tennessee two years in a row, Mississippi State two years in a row (honestly, you can't make that kind of stuff up), and Auburn six years in a row, and you are also on a losing streak to ULM, Northern Illinois, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Central Florida, and Minnesota. And finally, you have never, ever beaten Auburn on your home turf. And it does not look like things will be getting better any time soon.

Should we take your screaming and running away as a maybe?

:roflol: Classic post material.

You have lost to ... Tennessee two years in a row...

While I got a good laugh from the rest of your post, I'm surprized no wearer of the pink has called you on this.

Remember, Bama beat Tennessee handily this past season. It was universally acclaimed by the Dark Side as proof that Saban was god, the process was working, and the Tide's next MNC was just around the corner!

...that is, until they dropped the next four in a row, including losses to MSU, ULM, and a 6th straight to us. :lol:

Archived