Bollocks..

GalensGhost

How many of those have ONE post player?

And there's NO excuse for that. Thanks for making my point.

There's no excuse for having 4 post players but losing two to injury during the season and one to a medical condition before the season, thus leaving you with one? Damn.

How many of those have ONE post player?

There's no excuse for having 4 post players but losing two to injury during the season and one to a medical condition before the season, thus leaving you with one? Damn.

<sarcasm> No excuse! It's ALL Lebo's fault! </sarcasm>

First, GG and pc, if AU is pathetic then DO NOT WATCH or SUPPORT AU b-ball.

STUPID, STUPID reasoning.

If I think the on-floor product is bad then I shoudn't watch? Right. I should just ignore the fact that I love Auburn and want all of its athletic and academic programs to be the very best they can be. I should just turn my back and allow the program to wallow in mediocrity because that's what an Auburn man does? An Auburn man blindly accepts whatever garbage is trotted out wrapped in orange and blue because an Auburn man would never criticize?

Buhhhhloney, pal.

Auburn men and women EXPECT excellence in all things. Auburn men and women have a right to express their discontent when excellence is not achieved. Auburn men and women strive to discover the root of what prevents or detracts from excellence and they eliminate it.

Insert "Alabama" for "Auburn" and you have my exact take.

I got into it with a Gottfried sunshine pumper after the UT game. When I gave him nearly the same excellent rebuttal that you posted, he stared at me in blank disbelief. I've discovered that happens quite often with people with who can't form a coherent argument.

Terrific post, GG.

First, GG and pc, if AU is pathetic then DO NOT WATCH or SUPPORT AU b-ball.

STUPID, STUPID reasoning.

If I think the on-floor product is bad then I shoudn't watch? Right. I should just ignore the fact that I love Auburn and want all of its athletic and academic programs to be the very best they can be. I should just turn my back and allow the program to wallow in mediocrity because that's what an Auburn man does? An Auburn man blindly accepts whatever garbage is trotted out wrapped in orange and blue because an Auburn man would never criticize?

Buhhhhloney, pal.

Auburn men and women EXPECT excellence in all things. Auburn men and women have a right to express their discontent when excellence is not achieved. Auburn men and women strive to discover the root of what prevents or detracts from excellence and they eliminate it.

There is NOTHING stupid about it!! If watching pisses you off or you think it is pathetic then don't bother watching. Just like when you turn off a football game b/c AU is playing so poorly you don't want to watch it anymore. Suffice it to say, I am just as tired of some folks who "know" basketball spouting off about the poor play, when the team does play well, doesn't give one bit of good job. I do not , as no one else outside of the basketball program, know what all is going on internally. Having watched many games, I think Lebo is a good coach, maybe he is a poor recruiter or tough to deal with, I don't know. Knowing what adversities they have had and are working thru I am all for giving Lebo the benefit of the doubt thru this year. Lord willing, he will not have to endure the chaos of injuries next year, in which case I think they will be highly competitive.

I think it bad form to belly ache and moan about everytime the AU basketball team loses. GG, you don't do that with the football team, pc does. At least be a little supportive of where things are right now, and where things can go. Maybe Lebo will be coach next year and maybe not? We'll see..I will support whatever comes to being.

Frankly, you are doing a lot of the things you called PC out on in regards to football. Face it, things are in shambles and have been since Ellis was here. Why? I have know idea, blame it on who you think deserves it. I think a lot of it goes to the Athletic Admin back several years ago. Unfortunately, Lebo as coach is going to be the one to have his head on a chopping block when a lot of fans won't realize there are things he controls, i.e. recruiting, player retention (to some degree), skill development, adn player growth. I for one think QR has greatly improved in his time at AU. But there are things out of the control of the coaches, i.e. players that want to leave just b/c, injuries, etc. Don't be too quick to yank the rug out from under a good young coach. I looked at when Lebo was hired at them hopefully giving him at least 5 years b/c of the current state of affairs, imo.

AWFUL. It's no different than the day Lebo walked in the door. And before you all break it down and talk about injuries, suspensions etc. and the liteny of excuses that have been hashed out 1000 times per week...every week of every single season...just save your breath.

This is the worst program in the SEC and has been since Lebo got here. It's EXACTLY the same as his first season. Face it. This was two BAD, bad teams battling for the freakin' cellar. It's not just Galen or Champ. There's a lot of people just plain tired of the embarassment. And blowing a lead to this team on your own home floor is pathetic.

Okay, got your breath back? Now, you can resume your regularly scheduled program of excuses.

1. Well Sylla hurt his foot

2. Uumm, and Dollard, well we're not sure

3. Oh yeah, Vot broke his hand

4. Curtis left for Ole Miss

5. Marco left for Indiana

6. Douglas left for FSU

7. Don't forget Quan got suspended

8. Lucas just came back, but dude, he's gonna' be a player

9. Oh the hell with it....start filling in your own excuses from here

Oh wait, I totally forgot that some guy for LSU had a great game....with guys in his face...like the whole game.

:no: I give up. Auburn Basketball fans are is by far the worst in the SEC.

I fixed that for ya.

BTW, I'm sick of hearing the "we only played six or seven" argument. Check ANY basketball roster for ANY team. Most rarely put more than seven on the court in any given game. It's not this huge disadvantage. Quit using it as a crutch.

Just out of sure proving you wrong..I just looked at the first game listed on the espn.com scoreboard BC v. UNC and BOTH team have 9 players each in the box score that have played already, and there is still 10 minutes left in the 2nd half.

Second selection Providence v. ND

Providence has 9 that have numbers in the box score, ND has 8 in the box score.

From the SEC...UGA v. USC UGA had 10 guys, and USC had 7.

Vandy v. Ole Miss Vandy had 11 in the box score and Ole Miss had 10.

MSU v. Arky MSU had 9 and Arky had 10.

I think this sufficiently disproves you. Plus, you can only have 5 on the court at any one time. SO I guess technically according to how you worded it, you are right NO TEAM can put 6 or 7 on the court at any given time, BUT MOST teams will play 8+ in any given game. :poke: Out of these 10 teams, a total of 92 players played, thus an average of 9.2/team.

I can agree that a team can win playing 8 players, if its their best 8 players. This isn't the case with :au: . The 8 players we have left are 7 guards and a small forward that makes it tough to win at all.

One area where I will disagree with Galen is on the idea of building a new arena. If any of you love your school, you'll go pump several tons of dynamite to it... now.

I don't think Lebo is the greatest coach in the world, but I think I could have a better chance of landing blue chip talent by showing them a weed infested court in the ghetto than that piece of s***. Beard-Eaves makes Garrett Coliseum looks like a sparkling palace.

I will provide Lebo that excuse. How any halfway decent player would want to go play in that raggedy bone yard is beyond me.

^

|

|

|

The visitor from the evil empire is dead on with this one. Facilities may not be the be-all and end-all, but it is readily apparent from :au: 's areas of focus that basketball has been the red-headed bastard child for generations.

Football and baseball have seen multiple renovations, meanwhile Beard-Eaves is a dank, dark, depressing tinkle box.

The new basketball facility is an absolute must...the fact that we've ignored this significant potential revenue source (meaning basketball in general) for so long is appalling.

As for Lebo, I'm willing to be patient for at least one more season. My expectations for this year before the season was postseason of some sort. The injuries this year have been significant, but part of his job is to recruit depth. That is difficult given our lack of hoops pedigree.

It's going to take a group of guys that want to be the ones to start a new tradition of success to make it happen. I heard Acie Law IV say in an interview that he chose Texas A&M because he wanted to help build a winner. That's the angle that needs to be sold to recruits, if it isn't being done already..."come here and help start something."

Shhhh.....Galen is a card carrying member of the "Aint Sposedta Take Dat Long" club. We're not supposed to present reasonable arguments. Those are considered excuses. No excuses are valid. Everything is the coaches fault, blah, blah, blah.

Shhhh.....Galen is a card carrying member of the "Aint Sposedta Take Dat Long" club. We're not supposed to present reasonable arguments. Those are considered excuses. No excuses are valid. Everything is the coaches fault, blah, blah, blah.

Maybe there are valid EXCUSES this season. But when each and every season in the tenure of a coach has a new and improved EXCUSE then you need to look a little deeper. Maybe Lebo is a good coach but a crappy recruiter. If this is the case then he needs to either hire a recruiter or he needs to go. Being an X and O wizard isn't enough by itself. Maybe Lebo recruits well enough but doesn't do a good job of player retention or conditioning. If that's the case, he either needs to change his ways, hire a different strength and conditioning coach or bus on out the door.

I don't critique every game. This is different than the knee-jerk every game reaction some people get over football. I'm looking at the overall picture -- from day one until today -- and using individual games to support my overall feeling.

I like Lebo personally. He presents himself well. But I expect of him (and the Slater, too) the exact same thing I expect from Tuberville, to wit: Run a clean program, keep the players out of trouble; win more than you lose, be a valid contender for the SEC W title in most seasons and every few years build a team that's capable of much more -- and then follow through on that potential. Football is there. I have yet to see any indication that basketball in its current state can reach even the MINIMUM goal of earning some kind of post-season bid. As I've said before, the Auburn basketball program should be able to put two midgets, Ranger12 and a troll on the floor and win enough games to make the NIT. If you're not making the NIT it means that you're basically not in the Top 100 programs in the country. Regardless of the excuses that's simply not acceptable.

Sounds so familiar. $100 says we hear that next year when players get injured or suspended on the way to another losing season

My $100 goes to say that 2 years from now you won't have these moaning & complaining sessions as we are competing for SEC & making some progress in the NCAA. (of course that is pending the PTB along with you a-holes don't run Lebo off)

Maybe there are valid EXCUSES this season. But when each and every season in the tenure of a coach has a new and improved EXCUSE then you need to look a little deeper. Maybe Lebo is a good coach but a crappy recruiter. If this is the case then he needs to either hire a recruiter or he needs to go. Being an X and O wizard isn't enough by itself. Maybe Lebo recruits well enough but doesn't do a good job of player retention or conditioning. If that's the case, he either needs to change his ways, hire a different strength and conditioning coach or bus on out the door.

I don't critique every game. This is different than the knee-jerk every game reaction some people get over football. I'm looking at the overall picture -- from day one until today -- and using individual games to support my overall feeling.

I like Lebo personally. He presents himself well. But I expect of him (and the Slater, too) the exact same thing I expect from Tuberville, to wit: Run a clean program, keep the players out of trouble; win more than you lose, be a valid contender for the SEC W title in most seasons and every few years build a team that's capable of much more -- and then follow through on that potential. Football is there. I have yet to see any indication that basketball in its current state can reach even the MINIMUM goal of earning some kind of post-season bid. As I've said before, the Auburn basketball program should be able to put two midgets, Ranger12 and a troll on the floor and win enough games to make the NIT. If you're not making the NIT it means that you're basically not in the Top 100 programs in the country. Regardless of the excuses that's simply not acceptable.

I will say again I have no idea what has been going on the past 4 years. With players leaving, lack of recruiting, suspensions, etc. My brother went to the AU v. Vandy game and we were talking afterwards. Lebo seems to be a very good game coach and is able to get teh most out of lets say mediocre talent. It always seems they will play hard clawing and scratching to win, but b/c of NO outside shooters, NO big man inside, and NO depth AU has not been able to consistently pull out wins, even when playing really good teams close, i.e. Vandy on Saturday. Down by one with what 3 or 4 minutes? My brother and I agreed that Lebo is not a very good recruiter and part of it is "What big time basketball recruit wants to play basketball at AU?" Chalk it up to program decline, facilities, being seen as football school, whatever, but that is where things are. I hate that!! I do believe that AU has the potential to get back to a competitive force in the SEC. Maybe he does need to do something about recruiting, no, he does need to do something.

I think unfair to say that the injuries are due to a lack of a conditioning and strength. If they weren't in shape the 6 or 7 that are playing would not be able to handle the amount of minutes they are playing, likely will see the toll taken on them come mid to late February. Injuries just happen, broken wrist, ankles, knees. Not necessarily correlated to lack of a S & C program, imo.

W/o out some top talent, athleticism, and depth a team can not compete in the SEC. Obviously, we are lacking in 2 of those 3, and defecient in athleticism.

I think Lebo will get another year maybe 2?

Archived