Looking like Kevin Steele to USA

TitanTiger

Maybe they read about him as a HC.

I cannot believe someone didnt pull this one out and use it.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/worstdecisions.html

a_steele_vt.jpg

7. Steele's costly attitude

Baylor had UNLV beat -- they led 24-21 with about 20 seconds left in the Sept. 11, 1999 matchup between two lousy teams. The Bears had the ball on the Rebels eight-yard line, and if they had taken a knee, the game would have been over. Instead, Baylor head coach Kevin Steele called for a run. Darrell Bush almost made it to the goal line, but UNLV forced a fumble, and the Rebels' Kevin Thomas returned it 99 yards for a touchdown.

"I have an explanation, but it doesn't hold water," Steele said after the game. "We talked about creating an attitude and getting after people. We were simply trying to create an attitude."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DKW, wow

BTW, I got a question for Bama fans.

How is Steele's and Saban's relationship? Honestly...good/bad?

I figured from what I had read that Steele would one day leave because I never thought he would "fit" with the way Saban treats assistants.

Maybe I was wrong though

DKW, wow

BTW, I got a question for Bama fans.

How is Steele's and Saban's relationship? Honestly...good/bad?

I figured from what I had read that Steele would one day leave because I never thought he would "fit" with the way Saban treats assistants.

Maybe I was wrong though

from what i understand, Steele has a Saban-like work ethic. i've read it in a few reports, so i guess take it with a grain of salt.

Archived