students claim WVU football players attacked them

bigsixfive

It seems as if clubs and WVU football players just don’t mix (right Pac Man?). Morgantown police are investigating the allegation that two WVU students were blitzed and beat down by a group of football players outside of Club Z in Morgantown. Among the assailants was Deon Sanders’ mentee and future all everything Noel Devine.

Once outside, Sangarie said someone punched him in the back of the head. Sangarie said he fell to the ground and was kicked and punched by several of the football players, including Devine and Sanders.

From reading the article it seems like nothing was done to provoke the attack. However, I am speculating the players were taunted for their horrific loss to Pittsburgh. I hope more details will emerge, but I bet the university will sweep this us quickly and quietly. The most punishment, if any, I’de expect the players to receive is to sit out against Villanova.

Link #1

Link #2

Who the heck is Sanders? The first reference is to a Deion Sanders, not a WVU player and certainly not beating people up at the club. The second reference (just the last name) indicates that "Sanders" is a WVU player.

PS. Who the heck lets a 5'7" man beat the crap out of them?

Who the heck is Sanders? The first reference is to a Deion Sanders, not a WVU player and certainly not beating people up at the club. The second reference (just the last name) indicates that "Sanders" is a WVU player.

Floyd Mayweather slapped the "Big Show" around on WWE the other night. Floyd's not much over that if at all. Now, Big Show was on his knees and I'm sure he'll get his revenge at Wrestlemania.

Jock Sanders...

Sangarie said he could only identify Devine and wide receiver-running back Jock Sanders, but assumed the rest of the group were football players as well.

Its in the second link, which apparently was the actual news article.

The article called Noel Devine: Deion Sanders' mentee. I think Noel comes from a broken home, and during his recruitment, Deion Sanders kinda took him under his wing and was labeled his mentor. (FSU was still in the mix for Devine's signature at the time.) Since Devine signed with WVU, I haven't heard much about Deion's continued role as mentor. Considering whas' up wit Devine currently, either Deion is falling down on the mentorship job or prepping Noel for a transfer to FSU.

Archived