The politics of hate

RunInRed

I've never seen a group of white "patriotic" Americans so afraid of some one who looks, thinks and sounds different. Would this crap just stop if BO changed his name to John Smith? Every time I hear crap about BO not being patriotic or that he doesn't say the pledge of allegiance or that he is a radical muslim or any other of the debunked rumors it just makes me want to throw up.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm

oa.jpg

CLINTON STAFFERS CIRCULATE 'DRESSED' OBAMA

Mon Feb 25 2008 06:51:00 ET

With a week to go until the Texas and Ohio primaries, stressed Clinton staffers circulated a photo over the weekend of a "dressed" Barack Obama.

The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat frontrunner fitted as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya.

The senator was on a five-country tour of Africa.

"Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were HRC?" questioned one campaign staffer, in an email obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

In December, the campaign asked one of its volunteer county coordinators in Iowa to step down after the person forwarded an e-mail falsely stating that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Developing...

EDITOR'S NOTE: Other leaders have worn local costumes:

cc1.jpg

bc.jpg

cc2.jpg

Obama fights back on questions about his patriotism

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/oba...tism/index.html

(CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama defended himself and his wife Sunday against suggestions that they are insufficiently patriotic.

After a town hall meeting in Lorain, Ohio, a reporter asked Obama about "an attempt by conservatives and Republicans to paint you as unpatriotic."

The reporter cited the fact that Obama once failed to put his hand over his heart while singing the national anthem.

Obama replied that his choice not to put his hand on his heart is a behavior that "would disqualify about three-quarters of the people who have ever gone to a football game or baseball game."

The reporter also noted that the Illinois senator does not wear an American flag lapel pin, has met with former members of the radical anti-Vietnam War group, Weather Underground, and his wife was quoted recently as saying she never felt really proud of the United States until recently.

Asked how he would fight the image of being unpatriotic, Obama said, "There's always some nonsense going on in general elections. Right? If it wasn't this, it would be something else. If you recall, first it was my name. Right? That was a problem. And then there was the Muslim e-mail thing and that hasn't worked out so well, and now it's the patriotism thing.

"The way I will respond to it is with the truth: that I owe everything I am to this country," he said.

The first-term senator from Illinois has been the subject of various debunked rumors since launching his presidential campaign -- allegations that he is a Muslim, that he took his oath of office on a copy of the Quran and that he attended a radical Islamic school while living in Indonesia as a boy.

"You will recall that the reason I came to national attention was a speech in which I spoke of my love of this country," said Obama.

He and his wife, Michelle, had already explained her comments. "She simply misspoke," he said. "What she was referring to was [that] this was the first time she has been proud of politics in America.

"That's true of a lot of people who have been cynical and disenchanted. And she's spoken about how she has been cynical about American politics for a very long time, but she's proud of how people are participating and getting involved in ways that they haven't in a very long time."

About not wearing an American flag lapel pin, Obama said Republicans have no lock on patriotism.

"A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home, or are undermining our Constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary?

"That is a debate I am very happy to have. We'll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism."

Obama did not respond to the question about the Weather Underground, a group whose members bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon during the 1970s.

Last week, the New York Sun reported that as an Illinois state senator in 2001, Obama accepted a $200 contribution from William Ayers, a founder of the group who was not convicted for the bombings and now works as a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

But the paper said that, in a statement, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, William Burton, said, "Sen. Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence ... But he was an 8-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost 40 years ago is ridiculous."

Former first lady Sen. Hillary Clinton has said repeatedly that she is a stronger candidate because she has already shown she can withstand conservative attacks

Achmed Obama didn't have a problem when they put monkey ears on Bush. It's all in good fun. Do we really want a president who can't take a joke? :roflol::roflol:

I don't think that was the point. Kudos to Drudge for pointing out how the Clintonistas and W also adopted local dress on various trips as a show of respect and goodwill.

I've never seen a group of white "patriotic" Americans so afraid of some one who looks, thinks and sounds different. Would this crap just stop if BO changed his name to John Smith? Every time I hear crap about BO not being patriotic or that he doesn't say the pledge of allegiance or that he is a radical muslim or any other of the debunked rumors it just makes me want to throw up.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm

oa.jpg

CLINTON STAFFERS CIRCULATE 'DRESSED' OBAMA

Mon Feb 25 2008 06:51:00 ET

With a week to go until the Texas and Ohio primaries, stressed Clinton staffers circulated a photo over the weekend of a "dressed" Barack Obama.

The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat frontrunner fitted as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya.

The senator was on a five-country tour of Africa.

"Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were HRC?" questioned one campaign staffer, in an email obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

In December, the campaign asked one of its volunteer county coordinators in Iowa to step down after the person forwarded an e-mail falsely stating that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Developing...

EDITOR'S NOTE: Other leaders have worn local costumes:

cc1.jpg

bc.jpg

cc2.jpg

Obama fights back on questions about his patriotism

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/oba...tism/index.html

(CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama defended himself and his wife Sunday against suggestions that they are insufficiently patriotic.

After a town hall meeting in Lorain, Ohio, a reporter asked Obama about "an attempt by conservatives and Republicans to paint you as unpatriotic."

The reporter cited the fact that Obama once failed to put his hand over his heart while singing the national anthem.

Obama replied that his choice not to put his hand on his heart is a behavior that "would disqualify about three-quarters of the people who have ever gone to a football game or baseball game."

The reporter also noted that the Illinois senator does not wear an American flag lapel pin, has met with former members of the radical anti-Vietnam War group, Weather Underground, and his wife was quoted recently as saying she never felt really proud of the United States until recently.

Asked how he would fight the image of being unpatriotic, Obama said, "There's always some nonsense going on in general elections. Right? If it wasn't this, it would be something else. If you recall, first it was my name. Right? That was a problem. And then there was the Muslim e-mail thing and that hasn't worked out so well, and now it's the patriotism thing.

"The way I will respond to it is with the truth: that I owe everything I am to this country," he said.

The first-term senator from Illinois has been the subject of various debunked rumors since launching his presidential campaign -- allegations that he is a Muslim, that he took his oath of office on a copy of the Quran and that he attended a radical Islamic school while living in Indonesia as a boy.

"You will recall that the reason I came to national attention was a speech in which I spoke of my love of this country," said Obama.

He and his wife, Michelle, had already explained her comments. "She simply misspoke," he said. "What she was referring to was [that] this was the first time she has been proud of politics in America.

"That's true of a lot of people who have been cynical and disenchanted. And she's spoken about how she has been cynical about American politics for a very long time, but she's proud of how people are participating and getting involved in ways that they haven't in a very long time."

About not wearing an American flag lapel pin, Obama said Republicans have no lock on patriotism.

"A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home, or are undermining our Constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary?

"That is a debate I am very happy to have. We'll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism."

Obama did not respond to the question about the Weather Underground, a group whose members bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon during the 1970s.

Last week, the New York Sun reported that as an Illinois state senator in 2001, Obama accepted a $200 contribution from William Ayers, a founder of the group who was not convicted for the bombings and now works as a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

But the paper said that, in a statement, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, William Burton, said, "Sen. Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence ... But he was an 8-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost 40 years ago is ridiculous."

Former first lady Sen. Hillary Clinton has said repeatedly that she is a stronger candidate because she has already shown she can withstand conservative attacks

Just a quick history lesson on the Pledge of Alligence.

Witten by a Baptist minister(also a socialsit) after the Civil War.His hope was to have something that would help re-unite the country(one flag,one country again) after the War.One nation under God was not in the origianl.Added many years later

The Knights of Columbus added the phrase"Under God" I think around the early 1900's.Actually taken from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

Around the early 1900's the Supreme Court did rule that you had to say the Pledge.This didn't work to well when it was discovered that little Jehovia Witness children were being beat up and harrased in school exercising their freedom of religion by not saying the pledge.

The Supreme Court then reversed itself and made the Pledge non complusiory.You don't have to say it if you don't want to.

Witten by a Baptist minister(also a socialsit) after the Civil War.His hope was to have something that would help re-unite the country(one flag,one country again) after the War.One nation under God was not in the origianl.Added many years later

The Knights of Columbus added the phrase"Under God" I think around the early 1900's.Actually taken from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

Around the early 1900's the Supreme Court did rule that you had to say the Pledge.This didn't work to well when it was discovered that little Jehovia Witness children were being beat up and harrased in school exercising their freedom of religion by not saying the pledge.

The Supreme Court then reversed itself and made the Pledge non complusiory.You don't have to say it if you don't want to.

So you would vote for a candidate for president who refused to say the pledge?

No that this has anything to do with achmed Obama dressing like a terrorist. But you did bring it up.

I honestly have not researched on the issue of Obama and the Pledge incident.It was referenced in the article that was posted.I added the history part just to give a little history on the Pledge itself.It is your right as a citizen,you don't have to say it if you don't want to.Again I haven't had time to look into it on Obama.I'm sure some of the right wing mags have some half truth's and lies about the whole thing.As far as the "achmed Obama"thing we've had one dressed as Dumbo for the last 7 years.

I honestly have not researched on the issue of Obama and the Pledge incident.It was referenced in the article that was posted.I added the history part just to give a little history on the Pledge itself.It is your right as a citizen,you don't have to say it if you don't want to.Again I haven't had time to look into it on Obama.I'm sure some of the right wing mags have some half truth's and lies about the whole thing.As far as the "achmed Obama"thing we've had one dressed as Dumbo for the last 7 years.

So if a candidate wears a diaper on his head and does not say the pledge, you are OK with that?

No that this has anything to do with achmed Obama dressing like a terrorist. But you did bring it up.

how does one dress like a terrorist? does he dress like tim mcveigh? ted kaczynksi? shoko asahara? the KKK? george metesky? eric rudolph? or do you mean wearing a turban?

how does one dress like a terrorist? does he dress like tim mcveigh? ted kaczynksi? shoko asahara? the KKK? george metesky? eric rudolph? or do you mean wearing a turban?

Yes. See above reference to diaper upon head. Or "nappy" if you want the European term.

Yes. See above reference to diaper upon head. Or "nappy" if you want the European term.

The ignorance and hate spewed on this board is unbelievable. Listening to some makes me ashamed to be a part of this Auburn community. I hope my instincts are right that tell me the masses of Auburn people do not hold these narrow-minded views. As a community I know Auburn is better than the vile beliefs and views held by some.

It truly is disturbing to read some who post on this board. Congrats CCTAU, you are now on my ignored users list.

YES! Woo-Hoo!

It took long enough. I'm not even sure how he types with achmed Obama's hips blocking his view.

Did the picture above not include a diaper-wearing achmed Obama? Or was that someone else?

The picture of Bush just proves what has been widley talked about in hush tones for years.The big news was not that he was a draft dodging, coke snorting,fails to show up for his flight physical,really dumb person running for President("what do you mean shia and sunni,I thought they were all muslim")

The real underground know the true story,and the picture now proves it .He is a Warlock.It has long been rumored that he and some boy that goes by Potter actually live sometimes in a secret world.They have been known to cast spells and communicte by owls.

More on this later.I have to get back to my looking at Rudy G wearing those dresses.Boy, he makes me hot.

Archived