A Sign of Hard Times for Bammers

Proud Tiger

my PS2 is about to explode from playing so much NCAA 08.

Probably because you've got so much time on your hands doing that great job you have. :rolleyes:

yeah since i work 14 days out of a month, i actually do have a pretty good amount of time on my hands. i don't see a problem with it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, it's effin' April and some of you are already in mid-season form(!) :au: WDE :thumbsup:

my PS2 is about to explode from playing so much NCAA 08. i don't know how i'm going to make it to the Fall.

P.S. anyone who hasn't bought 08 but is thinking about it, save yourself some money and stick with 07.

do they still make the Ps2?

Man, it's effin' April and some of you are already in mid-season form(!) :au: WDE :thumbsup:

my PS2 is about to explode from playing so much NCAA 08. i don't know how i'm going to make it to the Fall.

P.S. anyone who hasn't bought 08 but is thinking about it, save yourself some money and stick with 07.

i still have one of the old big ones, not one of the newer DVD case-sized ones. i am just not a fan of Xbox at all and a new PS3 is not at the top of my list of things to blow money on, especially when i play only a few games.

Guest BoStillKnows

i still have one of the old big ones, not one of the newer DVD case-sized ones. i am just not a fan of Xbox at all and a new PS3 is not at the top of my list of things to blow money on, especially when i play only a few games.

Does UAT win football games on the old, big systems or do you need an Atari for that?

Does UAT win football games on the old, big systems or do you need an Atari for that?

Actually Bama "dominance" pre-dates the Atari 2600 and Pac-Man. Actually,m I hear Bear was a regular wizard playing "Pong" while on the Dickel.

:roflol::roflol::roflol: ...I must now somehow clean the Diet Dew off my keyboard-hilarious!!

While 99.9% of all the bammers I know MIGHT admit that they CURRENTLY have SOME "WE SUCK'S" on the team, they won't admit to the reality that they can find a large grouping of those guys without having to go 3 deep to do so.

We have holes everywhere, I just wanted to indicate that it's all encompassing.

I will say though, that this year is like the last few years. We have some pretty dang good starters. And based on what I saw from watching the A Day video...and what I've heard...our young receivers are going to be good (though I'm not counting on it until I see it).

Our LB situation is such that we will start Jerrell Harris probably from day one. I don't doubt that for a second. We don't have a 1 deep of SEC quality LBs. We have a good secondary, and some emerging talent on the Dline. But at Dline, you have to be able to rotate players in and out...and a lot of those guys who were rotating saturday, won't be playing much come fall.

I like JPW good enough. I like our Oline good enough. And I think we have serviceable RBs. But I'm not expecting some breakout year. We have too many holes on D.

I think, given our road game schedule, 7-8 wins is a fair expectation.

There you go...sounding all reasonable and balanced-see what I mean about the 1% thing poppin' up every now and again ;) With that being said, your schedule is a doosy on the road and as such, I think I'm seeing one of those previously mentioned windows in your prediction. Considering your weakness at D and the lack of depth you have, I think it will be a strong possibility that you might only pull out one of those 7-8 W's from the road games-which I'll put on the Arkansas game. Given the foregone conclusion that I'm gonna pull the :homer: card and say that we'll keep the streak alive in Tuscaloosa, you'll have to win all your remaining home games and pick up one to two more wins on a tough road schedule to hit 7-8 wins. I'm curious at how you see that happening on a projected W/L game by game basis?

I think Clemson is winable. Getting them early means we won't be into the depth concerns with injuries etc.

Tulane - W

WKU - W

Arkansas - W I think they lost way too much from a team that really wasn't that great last year. I'm not sold on the QB spot, and their Oline will have some real holes in it this year.

At UGA - Big loss

UK - W (if it was last year's UK team, this would be an L)

Ole Miss - W

UT - toss up. What are they going to do for a QB?

Ark St - W

LSU - L Big Big L

MSU - Toss up.

AU - Toss up. I'd like to say W because you guys are replacing a QB, DC, and OC...but until we actually get a win in this series...I'm gonna be a skeptic.

Clemson - You lost to LA Monroe. Clemson is a LOT better than you and established. Your freshman all world team is not ready. You lose big in Atlanta.

Tulane - You lost to LA Monroe. Toss Up.

WKU - You lost to LA Monroe. Toss Up.

Arkansas - You lost to LA Monroe. Arkansas is better. Lose.

At UGA - You lost to LA Monroe. Total Destruction.

UK - You lost to LA Monroe. Toss Up. (Their QB is gone now.)

Ole Miss - You lost to LA Monroe. Okay... Win.

UT - You lost to LA Monroe. Forget about their QB, what are you going to do everywhere. Loss.

Ark St - You lost to LA Monroe. Toss Up.

LSU - You lost to LA Monroe. They heckle unmercefully. This one hurts bad.

MSU - You lost to LA Monroe. Fear the ring finger. You're getting Croomed again.

AU - You lost to LA Monroe. You've lost 6 in a row to AU. You've never won in Tuberville-West. You finally got on the scoreboard last game. You lose #7.

I think Clemson is winable. Getting them early means we won't be into the depth concerns with injuries etc.

The thing about Clemson under Tommah though, is they tend to play much, much better the first 3 or 4 games every year. Then, they lose a couple they shouldn't and win a big game late in the season so CTB can live to coach another year.

I have stuck up for Tommy Bowden a good bit (even on here) because I like him as a person and a HC

But

He does seem to me to be a HC that needs to be in the right situation AND a coach that surrounds himself with above-average assistants or else he suffers

The program he has built at CU is solid but dear god, they choke EVERY YEAR it seems when it counts

He is in Year 8-9 at CU? It is time to win the damn ACC or at least get to their ACCCG once

I would be worried if I was a Bama fan because you don't know which team you will get from CU. You could see CU rocking on all cylinders or one that couldn't score 10 points to save their life

Archived