A Sign of Hard Times for Bammers

Proud Tiger

I was pretty impressed that 78K showed, epecially considering the fact that both the baseball and softball teams were playing away this weekend.

I assume the gymnastic team is on the road also?

Yes, you assume correctly

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys keep patting yourself on the back while schools like La Monroe kick your A**

I like it that way.

hehehe...Does any other SEC "coach" have losses to La Monroe and UAB on their resume?

$4mil a year?.....priceless.....

Bottom line of this thread----it is borne out that a progam is in pathetic shape when all they can grasp is how many people are at the a-day game. Only at bama.

Yeah, you can ignore the fact that recruits CONSTANTLY mention the numbers that we brought to the spring game. You can ignore the fact that Auburn went 0-15 this past year in head to head recruiting against Bama (many of whom mentioned the 92k at the spring game)...

You can keep making fun of us for it. But it doesn't make your point valid.

AU had 35k at their spring game...so are those 35k fans delusional, and crazy, and pitiful? What are we saying here? Support your team, just make sure you don't support them TOO much...35k is just right. 35,001 means you're a bunch of crazy idiots.

Your premise holds no water. It just makes you look petty.

Yeah, you can ignore the fact that recruits CONSTANTLY mention the numbers that we brought to the spring game. You can ignore the fact that Auburn went 0-15 this past year in head to head recruiting against Bama (many of whom mentioned the 92k at the spring game)...

AU had 35k at their spring game...so are those 35k fans delusional, and crazy, and pitiful? What are we saying here? Support your team, just make sure you don't support them TOO much...35k is just right. 35,001 means you're a bunch of crazy idiots.

Hey last of the mohicans, as long as AU had @ as many at A-day as the last 6 years, you're screwed.

And Remember...

Turd Store

:roflol: Seriously? Good God....anything to Brainwash the children a Little More. Which, by the way, is one of the Deadly Sins now...Ha! Ha!

i agree with you, bg. it's most certainly a boon to recruiting, and several of our bigtime kids commented on how many were at our game and how lively the crowd was. i don't know why you attempt to reason with people that are going to tear down whatever comes out of your mouth every time you open it. alabama can absolutely do no right, as far as most of us are concerned, and we will find a way to make every bit of information coming out of tuscaloosa look bad. your boys do the same to us.

i've never been able to understand what kicks you get out of just being flat-out defensive all the time. i couldn't do that. it sounds like absolutely no fun.

Auburn went 0-15 this past year in head to head recruiting against Bama

Petty is claiming national championships in recruiting rankings and fan attendance of a spring game.........

Winning is thumping your archrival six years in a row.....with or without scandels and probations.

Petty is claiming national championships in recruiting rankings and fan attendance of a spring game.........

Winning is thumping your archrival six years in a row.....with or without scandels and probations.

Probations? Scandals? Dude, 1999 was a long time ago.

Alabama A Day = 70,000+ dirt road allums. that can't afford to go to a real game. Don't believe me, watch the clips on any of the local news outlets.

Again, what does that say about other fans who go to Aday? Or does that rule ONLY apply to Alabama? Calling somebody poor and sorry just because they attend ADay is a pretty pitiful approach.

Yeah it was. But not as long as 1998, that was the last time bammer beat AU wearing crimson jerseys. Sweet!

Yeah it was. But not as long as 1998, that was the last time bammer beat AU wearing crimson jerseys. Sweet!

That has everything to do with the current topic <_<

I was pretty impressed that 78K showed, epecially considering the fact that both the baseball and softball teams were playing away this weekend. Plus it was FREE!!!

Just trying to be helpful. <_<

So no more excuses? :P

Oh please. The assertion that we have the crowds that we have at ADay because we don't charge 5 bucks at the gate is the most asinine argument I've ever heard.

That's just laughable.

We sell out against teams like Vandy and Duke. We've got a 5 year wait list on season tickets. People are tailgating and bringing RVs for A Day from out of town...but yeah, if we charged a $5 cover, we'd only have 20k there.

What a joke.

Actually I think that 7 & 6 record last year took the bloom off a little for the Saban nation.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that many of the people playing yesterday will be sitting the bench behind true freshmen when September gets here?

Actually I think that 7 & 6 record last year took the bloom off a little for the Saban nation.

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that many of the people playing yesterday will be sitting the bench behind true freshmen when September gets here?

Have you ever heard that old saying...Don't count you chickens, before they hatch? That is what you and the rest of the knuckle draggers are thinking and saying..."wait until the True Freshmen get here." People, make sure to save this last statement by BG...He's banking on the True Freshmen to be SEC ready.

Off the subject a little...here's some photos of slick nic almost getting smashed.

2qi1jmb.jpg

2mziaep.jpg

2a4oa5y.jpg

ri6loj.jpg

1zgw2lv.jpg

2ib2np3.jpg

Ahhahahahaha...Ahhahaha... :roflol::roflol::roflol::cheer:

That's good stuff...

It brought a tear to my eye. I was hoping that he would've been pushed down. But still funny, none the less.

Have you ever heard that old saying...Don't count you chickens, before they hatch? That is what you and the rest of the knuckle draggers are thinking and saying..."wait until the True Freshmen get here." People, make sure to save this last statement by BG...He's banking on the True Freshmen to be SEC ready.

Off the subject a little...here's some photos of slick nic almost getting smashed.

I never said they would be SEC ready. I said there were people playing yesterday who will be playing behind Freshmen. That doesn't mean I expect the incoming guys to all be superstars...that means I think there are guys on our 3 deep who suck at football.

Alabama A Day = 70,000+ dirt road allums. that can't afford to go to a real game. Don't believe me, watch the clips on any of the local news outlets.

Again, what does that say about other fans who go to Aday? Or does that rule ONLY apply to Alabama? Calling somebody poor and sorry just because they attend ADay is a pretty pitiful approach.

I think it is great that many of those people get to use indoor plumbing for once in their life.

"Hey daddy, ders' men in there pee'n in dem holes in the wall." "Yeah son, they call them terlets!" "No way, next thing your gunna tell me is that Alabammer used to be able to beat Allbarn!"

That recruiting NC looms large.

Thank you. I take that as a compliment since I work hard at being petty to bammers. After all I suffered thru years of being on the oter side of the coin.

You try hard, as usual, to get away from the primary point I made in starting this thread, namely that posters on bama boards were were sending out posts encouraging people to hurry on down because it didn't look like the stadium would be full (as if that would be a disaster). No one here said a word about you a-day attendance until you got defensive. Nothing you have said has changed that fact. But then again, facts always have bothered you.

Archived