Another Bammer Arrested...

Ashandarei

We won't know what happens to this guy unless he is removed from the team, which he won't. Being a walk-on, he won't play in a game anyway.

Like Leigh Tiffin?

I'm not about writing off a guy b/c he is a walk-on. We have had many walk-ons earn starting positions and scollys. I don't know how many, or how often, UA has a walk-on shine but I wouldn't think it is too uncommon. Again, my point is don't shun a guy or discredit him just b/c he is a walk-on. It is tough to get on the team that way, just try it if you don't believe me.

To be fair, I don't think kickers are good examples of a typical walk-on. Some schools/coaches just don't like to waste scholarships on kickers, at least not until they've proven themselves on the field.

It's funny because Mark Richt's general philosophy is to let kickers walk-on and if they win the starting job, they get the scholarship.

It worked with Billy Bennett and Contu very, very well

I say that yet Richt offered Andy Bailey a scholly coming out of High School years ago and he flopped tremendously and did again to Butler's kid last year and rumors are that he won't win the starting job this year or in the near future

He should stick to his own advice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived