Another Bammer Arrested...

Ashandarei

Of course, it's only deplorable if your name is Tray Blackmon. Then a half season suspension isn't enough. He should be off the team. Tubby's soft.

However when it's a player on a team where like 12 players have been arrested in not even a year and a half of Nick Saban's "strong disciplinarian" watch, it's A-OK. Especially when he's getting drunk in public in front of a police station. Good idea.

Seriously, what's Saban's arrest count and rate? I've seriously lost count.

Were you publicly intoxicated last night?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, it's only deplorable if your name is Tray Blackmon. Then a half season suspension isn't enough. He should be off the team. Tubby's soft.

However when it's a player on a team where like 12 players have been arrested in not even a year and a half of Nick Saban's "strong disciplinarian" watch, it's A-OK. Especially when he's getting drunk in public in front of a police station. Good idea.

Seriously, what's Saban's arrest count and rate? I've seriously lost count.

Were you publicly intoxicated last night?

1) Was I underage?

2) Was I in front of a police station or in a bar?

3) Did I get arrested? The TPD are not out to get Alabama football players despite what you like to believe. I'm pretty sure they didn't recognize a walk on and find a reason to arrest him to promote their pro-Auburn agenda.

3) Am I a member of an athletic organization with a severe image problem with people getting arrested in public? It's not that hard if you're representing your University, knowing full well of your University's recent problems, to stay in doors. Or how bout at least not in front of the police station. It probably would have crossed his mind that this was a bad idea if there were a hint of fear of repercussions for your actions from your head coach. This goes back to the same argument I've had with you about other related issues. As an isolated issue, this would be barely worthy of mention. You seem to fail to see where as a part of a consistent pattern it then becomes a problem.

4)My point not being that this particular arrest was an unforgivable offense, but stop bringing Tray Blackmon up every time a bammer gets arrested as being terrible. Stop saying that the six game suspension wasn't enough, and that he should have been booted from the team, and then in the same breath say that this is no big deal when it's exactly the same situation yet we're not going to see a half-game-against-LA-Monroe-suspension (Saban's harshest punishment to date, not even issued to any of the double digit number of kids that have been arrested under his watch). Seriously, can anyone keep up with this number? I know he's averaging about one every other month over the course of a year.

Uh, when Blackmon got arrested, I said PI wasn't a big deal and that I didn't think he deserved 6 a game suspension. So I don't know where you are getting it from.

Well, at least THEY have something to do.................

I think the point isn't the individual incident. Its the fact that its in a long chain of events since Saban first started.

Exactly, and the bammies are constantly on the defensive trying to rationalize it. The facts speak for themselves.

Wonder if his number of wins will ever surpass the number of player arrests.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/cad.../saban2face.gif

I think the point isn't the individual incident. Its the fact that its in a long chain of events since Saban first started.

I know, I know....and there have been some really bad ones

But, I don't think incidents like these are a big deal even in the grand scheme of things

UGA has a LOT of these in most off-seasons (not this one so far, thank GOD) and I wouldn't consider our program out of control

I know, I know....and there have been some really bad ones

But, I don't think incidents like these are a big deal even in the grand scheme of things

UGA has a LOT of these in most off-seasons (not this one so far, thank GOD) and I wouldn't consider our program out of control

Link, the question is...what does Richt do about it when it happens?

Depends on the incident but if it is a Public Intox it is usuauly 1-2 games for first incidents and 3-5 for second ones.

If they are a freshman, they may get asked to go to Hargrave (ala Hebron last year)

Depends on the incident but if it is a Public Intox it is usuauly 1-2 games for first incidents and 3-5 for second ones.

If they are a freshman, they may get asked to go to Hargrave (ala Hebron last year)

Yeah, well I promise you won't see anything like that from Mr. 10 arrests on my watch and the only punishment issued so far was for one of the non-arrests and he's gonna sit out against La Monroe, wait did I say a game, I meant a half. That's a long last name, I think it's Eastern European.

Anyway, even more significant than the fact that it's another tally mark on the never-ending list of unpunished arrests during the Saban era, is that every single time any of those arrests are brought up, bammers will invariably point to Tray Blackmon WHO DID THE EXACT SAME THING AND GOT PUNISHED HALF A SEASON as solid evidence that our program is out of control and full of repugnant thugs. As if even if their punishments were comparable, the fact that they have ONE issue to point to that took place before their coach even took the reigns (read ZERO in the time frame that Saban's had 10?) that Tuberville is soft on discipline while Saban runs the tightest imaginable ship.

Anyway, even more significant than the fact that it's another tally mark on the never-ending list of unpunished arrests during the Saban era, is that every single time any of those arrests are brought up, bammers will invariably point to Tray Blackmon WHO DID THE EXACT SAME THING AND GOT PUNISHED HALF A SEASON as solid evidence that our program is out of control and full of repugnant thugs. As if even if their punishments were comparable, the fact that they have ONE issue to point to that took place before their coach even took the reigns (read ZERO in the time frame that Saban's had 10?) that Tuberville is soft on discipline while Saban runs the tightest imaginable ship.

Here is what I don't get. One wouldn't think that you miss 6 games for just that. I am in no way saying something was covered up, but I do think it was more than just that.

Here is what I don't get. One wouldn't think that you miss 6 games for just that. I am in no way saying something was covered up, but I do think it was more than just that.

3 for the arrest, 3 for Tuberville finding out about it through the papers rather than directly from Tray.

3 for Tuberville finding out about it through the papers rather than directly from Tray.

Yeah, if I was a coach, you damn well better tell me before I read it somewhere else.

3 for Tuberville finding out about it through the papers rather than directly from Tray.

Yeah, if I was a coach, you damn well better tell me before I read it somewhere else.

That way, it's much easier to cover up....errr, deal with. :big:

That way, it's much easier to cover up....errr, deal with. :big:

that and the players at uat would get their ice cream faster..

We won't know what happens to this guy unless he is removed from the team, which he won't. Being a walk-on, he won't play in a game anyway.

3 for the arrest, 3 for Tuberville finding out about it through the papers rather than directly from Tray.

nail meet head

We won't know what happens to this guy unless he is removed from the team, which he won't. Being a walk-on, he won't play in a game anyway.

Like Leigh Tiffin?

I'm not about writing off a guy b/c he is a walk-on. We have had many walk-ons earn starting positions and scollys. I don't know how many, or how often, UA has a walk-on shine but I wouldn't think it is too uncommon. Again, my point is don't shun a guy or discredit him just b/c he is a walk-on. It is tough to get on the team that way, just try it if you don't believe me.

Like Leigh Tiffin?

I'm not about writing off a guy b/c he is a walk-on. We have had many walk-ons earn starting positions and scollys. I don't know how many, or how often, UA has a walk-on shine but I wouldn't think it is too uncommon. Again, my point is don't shun a guy or discredit him just b/c he is a walk-on. It is tough to get on the team that way, just try it if you don't believe me.

To be fair, I don't think kickers are good examples of a typical walk-on. Some schools/coaches just don't like to waste scholarships on kickers, at least not until they've proven themselves on the field.

Like Leigh Tiffin?

To be fair, I don't think kickers are good examples of a typical walk-on. Some schools/coaches just don't like to waste scholarships on kickers, at least not until they've proven themselves on the field.

I thought he was a recipient of the Bear scholly?

Like Leigh Tiffin?

I thought he was a recipient of the Bear scholly?

Van Tiffin played for Perkins, not Bryant.

Archived