Another Bammer Arrested...

Ashandarei

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am SHOCKED! ! !

I guess that strict HC has not gotten his message across.....to the TPD, that is...................

I am SHOCKED! ! !

I guess that strict HC has not gotten his message across.....to the TPD, that is...................

I know dude......When is the TPD gonna realize to STOP ****ing around with Little Nicky and his players!

Those assbag TPD'ers! The gall, the gumption! They are gonna have to face some serious repecussions for this!

:roflol:

OHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD.... I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS @#$#$ HAPPENING.. I did not know that college students drink alcohol.. !!! <_<

Too bad he was a walk on and couldn't be one of the 5 needing to be cut. I'm sure he will be strictly disciplined though to send a message

Walker: "I did not have relations with that man, Mr. Daniel."

While we're on the subject of schollies and getting some freed up, I haven't seen this discussed. Might have missed it. Our local sports talk guy said one of Bama's signees, Destin Hood, receiver out of St. Paul (Don't quote me on spelling or school) was projected to go 1st or 2nd round in the baseball draft and was leaning toward opting for baseball.

Any news on that? If so, that certainly frees up another.

While we're on the subject of schollies and getting some freed up, I haven't seen this discussed. Might have missed it. Our local sports talk guy said one of Bama's signees, Destin Hood, receiver out of St. Paul (Don't quote me on spelling or school) was projected to go 1st or 2nd round in the baseball draft and was leaning toward opting for baseball.

i think there is still a question mark on him and also WR Melvin Ray. there is apparently interest from MLB scouts on both guys, and Melvin Ray has said it will be a decision he will have to make. whichever sport will work out best for them, best of luck to them.

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/05/tide_w..._for_publi.html

Alabama walk-on receiver A.J. Walker was arrested this morning and charged with public intoxication.

Walker, 19, remains in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $300 bond, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrest database.

The arrest was made on campus by University of Alabama police.

A redshirt freshman from Huntsville High School, Walker was on the team but did not participate in a 2007 game. He was listed on the roster for last month's A-Day Game but did not register a statistic.

UPDATED -- 3:55 p.m.

While Walker's arrest did occur on University Boulevard, it was not on The Strip, the area near campus that has been the site of so many recent troubles for Alabama's football team.

According to the UAPD, Walker's arrest occurred at 2:09 a.m. in the parking lot of the Rose Administration Building, which is footsteps from the campus police headquarters and also near Bryant Hall, where Walker resides.

Walker was not booked in Tuscaloosa County Jail on $300 bond until 8:10 a.m. He still remained there as of this afternoon.

Alabama coach Nick Saban has not commented publicly on the situation.

FYI...I merged all the threads talking about this into one thread and moved it to the Rivals Forum.

This guy being a walk-on, Saban would save a little face by telling this guy to clean out his locker. Yet, then I would criticize him for not using the same level of discipline for non-scholarship players as he does for scholarship players.

Keep it up and the fulmer cup could belong to uat this year. I know they must be proud. :lol:

Was he one of the few invited walk ons? Seems like he was if I remember correctly. I have a friend from Huntsville that told me that this kid was highly underrated and that everyone that he went up against looked like little boys, athletic wise, compared to him. Also, he said that one of the reasons why he was so underrated was because he only sent out one highlight video and that video was Horrible in terms of quality. Anyway, that sucks for the kid. I don't see $abban kicking the kid off of the team though.

I don't think that you kick the kid off the team for the first infraction. It seems that he wasn't causing any big problems.....like drunk in the middle of the strip, or fighting with bouncers or armed robbery with a pellet gun.

OHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD.... I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS @#$#$ HAPPENING.. I did not know that college students drink alcohol.. !!! <_<

And how many times have you been arrested?

i think there is still a question mark on him and also WR Melvin Ray. there is apparently interest from MLB scouts on both guys, and Melvin Ray has said it will be a decision he will have to make. whichever sport will work out best for them, best of luck to them.

I was listening to the NFC vs. JHS baseball playoffs today and the announcers were pretty adament about Melvin Ray going to play baseball in the big leagues. They actually said that he has had up to 23 different MLB scouts at his games to see him play. That's pretty impressive but its gotta make the bammers feel pretty bad. That guy has some mad skills on the football field. You don't ever want to see a talent like him get away.

This is basically the same thing Trey Blackmon got a year or two ago. Run him til' he pukes, get in his face and make him learn from his mistake. No biggee here.

I was listening to the NFC vs. JHS baseball playoffs today and the announcers were pretty adament about Melvin Ray going to play baseball in the big leagues. They actually said that he has had up to 23 different MLB scouts at his games to see him play. That's pretty impressive but its gotta make the bammers feel pretty bad. That guy has some mad skills on the football field. You don't ever want to see a talent like him get away.

If you have a chance to be drafted high and get some serious signing bonus money, it's a no brainer. On top of that, most of these guys know in 2-3 years whether it's realistic for them to make the show. If not, you're still in your prime and can come back and give football a shot again. Lots of guys have done it.

If you have a chance to be drafted high and get some serious signing bonus money, it's a no brainer. On top of that, most of these guys know in 2-3 years whether it's realistic for them to make the show. If not, you're still in your prime and can come back and give football a shot again. Lots of guys have done it.

I'm not saying he's doing the wrong thing. He's gotta go where the money is and do what he feel is best for he and his family. I'm just saying that he is a serious talent and I know if one of our top recruits changed his mind about playing for us I would be disappointed. But I do understand why he would make that decision and I wouldn't blame him a bit if that's the decision he makes.

I have a friend from Huntsville that told me that this kid was highly underrated

Underrated compared to who? Wes Neighbors?

And how many times have you been arrested?

Come on dude!

You know that 4 or 5 DUI

That's turdishin

Meh, PI not a big deal. It's a far cry from what Deaderick did last year.

Of course, Little nicky sure did discipline Deaderick. I don't remember him missing a game. However, he might have missed a half. :poke:

if we lose him, it won't make me feel bad at all really. if thats what he thinks is best for him, then thats what he needs to do. i would rather see him on the team, but whatever he thinks is best for him.

Of course, Little nicky sure did discipline Deaderick. I don't remember him missing a game. However, he might have missed a half. :poke:

I don't think the Deaderick situation was handled well. But I just don't think this is in the same Universe.

Of course, it's only deplorable if your name is Tray Blackmon. Then a half season suspension isn't enough. He should be off the team. Tubby's soft.

However when it's a player on a team where like 12 players have been arrested in not even a year and a half of Nick Saban's "strong disciplinarian" watch, it's A-OK. Especially when he's getting drunk in public in front of a police station. Good idea.

Seriously, what's Saban's arrest count and rate? I've seriously lost count.

highway-signjpg.jpg

Archived