UGA turnaround specious?

OptionTrader

Remember a few years ago when the UGA fans were ready to run Richt off? This was shortly after a 4th-and-17 pass from Brandon Cox to Devon Aromashadou. Anyhow, they were forming a lynch mob. Then all of a sudden UGA turns things around and is unbeatable. Coincidentally, this turnaround is accompanied by lots of trash talking after plays, e.g. the number of personal fouls they got against us.

So does anyone else besides me think perhaps CMR turned to using $$$ to recruit figuring he'll break the rules, have a few good years, make a lot of $$$, and leave when UGA is on probation?

Remember a few years ago when the UGA fans were ready to run Richt off? This was shortly after a 4th-and-17 pass from Brandon Cox to Devon Aromashadou.

Yes, then they shut up when we won the SEC a few weeks later.

Anyhow, they were forming a lynch mob. Then all of a sudden UGA turns things around and is unbeatable. Coincidentally, this turnaround is accompanied by lots of trash talking after plays, e.g. the number of personal fouls they got against us.

How did UGA turn things around? We lost to a good AU team on a 4th down pass and yet still won the SEC that year. Seems we were turned around most of the year. Our other loss that year was to UF without DJ Shockley because of his injury against Arkansas the week before

As for the personal fouls called, I don't think either AU or UGA have had that many against each other in any game that I remember since 2001.

So does anyone else besides me think perhaps CMR turned to using $$$ to recruit figuring he'll break the rules, have a few good years, make a lot of $$$, and leave when UGA is on probation?

Yes, didn't you read the memo? Richt and Tubs are teaming up to bring down Saban and are willing to do anything to bring Bama down

I live in GA and personally know a couple of 4-5 star recruits that Richt recruited to UGA. There is no funny business that I've heard of. CMR is pretty much straight up. Some folks questioned his motivational techniques last year, but that is really nitpicking and looking for something to complain about.

Yes I think UGA is specious.

Whatever Saban is doing, I hope he continues it. There's only so many people who can lose to ULM and still pull that kind of money.

I agree, this is one of the stupidest threads I have seen in awhile. I have a lot of respect for Mark Richt. I think he is one the most respectable coaches in the country. Coach Richt is a man of very high morals.

Mark Richt is a great guy. He pissed me off last year by letting his team resemble the Ole FSU teams of the past, but he's a great person.

Last season just makes me yell even harder and hate Georgia even more that I already did, but it has nothing to do with Richt. No offense Southlink, but I HATE the DAWGS. I do, however, respect their program.

No offense Southlink, but I HATE the DAWGS. I do, however, respect their program.

None taken. When we lose, I hate them too

Remember a few years ago when the UGA fans were ready to run Richt off? This was shortly after a 4th-and-17 pass from Brandon Cox to Devon Aromashadou. Anyhow, they were forming a lynch mob. Then all of a sudden UGA turns things around and is unbeatable. Coincidentally, this turnaround is accompanied by lots of trash talking after plays, e.g. the number of personal fouls they got against us.

I highly doubt CMR is up to much, if any, wrong doing. He seems to be an outstanding guy/coach.

As far as the mob, it is probably the same sort of thing some AU fans started as they prepared to be-head Brandon Cox. There will always be extreme negativity b/c not every recognizes the fact that good teams struggle (and even lose on occasion), key players have bad times, and great coaches always have skeptics.

Regarding the particular mob you speak of, I faced a small portion of it head on while driving back to Auburn. I was involved with verbal warfare and a near fist fight defending another team's coach from his fans. I think they were just upset w/the loss (similar to our heartbreak vs LSU this year) and had to look for a scapegoat rather than say two outstanding teams met, and we fell a little short.

This is a stupid thread

I agree, if this is not Woodshed material I don't know what is...moved.

Are you kidding me? Richt is one of the cleanest coaches there is.

It's good to see that the paranoia isn't restricted to only CNS.

There is a huge difference in one AU fan being suspicious of CMR and the entire SEC being suspicious of what CN$ is all about. ex: (1)CMR closes practices immediately prior to playing Bama and right after Belichik is exposed. (2) Incidents causing the $aban Rule. Don't ask for links...if you haven't already read this stuff then put your head back in the sand.

Of course, I guess it would be paranoia if the rest of the SEC is wrong and CN$ is just a choir boy.

The turnaround was attitiude, plain and simple. The players have always been there but the killer instinct has not. In the "What have you done for me lately" world of sports in general, many forget that there were some definite grumblings in the Dawg Pound midway through the season last year.

UGA had lost to South Carolina early (Never a good thing) and then got slapped around by a really average UT team. They squeaked by Vandy and were sitting at 5-2 with their annual flop in Jacksonville staring them in the face.

Georgia people were not happy to say the least. Then, the well documented first TD bum rush started a whole new attitude that carried them the rest of the season. As someone said earlier, I had no use for watching them FSUThug their way through the rest of the season to Soulja Boy, but hey, they're now the consensus preseason #1. Like I said, the talent was always there. Apparently they just needed a tude' to go with it.

many forget that there were some definite grumblings in the Dawg Pound midway through the season last year.

UGA had lost to South Carolina early (Never a good thing) and then got slapped around by a really average UT team. They squeaked by Vandy and were sitting at 5-2 with their annual flop in Jacksonville staring them in the face

You are so full of crap

Dear Mark Richt,

If you do not throw all the money that you make at Brian Van Gorder, you will eventually be fired. Our defense has become a joke. We have had double the amount of 30+ games under old Willie Martinez that we ever did under Van Gorder.

You gave the play-calling duties to a man that is as predictible as the sun rising every day. It is a joke.

Stafford has gotten WORSE this year. He can't throw downfield. He forces just about everything. And we throw (for some reason nobody can figure out with 3 solid RB's) a lot more then we pass AGAINST SCHOOLS THAT CAN'T STOP THE GOD **** ******* RUN YOU STUPID (*&*&*&*&**&)

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry419940

many forget that there were some definite grumblings in the Dawg Pound midway through the season last year.

UGA had lost to South Carolina early (Never a good thing) and then got slapped around by a really average UT team. They squeaked by Vandy and were sitting at 5-2 with their annual flop in Jacksonville staring them in the face

You are so full of crap

Dear Mark Richt,

If you do not throw all the money that you make at Brian Van Gorder, you will eventually be fired. Our defense has become a joke. We have had double the amount of 30+ games under old Willie Martinez that we ever did under Van Gorder.

You gave the play-calling duties to a man that is as predictible as the sun rising every day. It is a joke.

Stafford has gotten WORSE this year. He can't throw downfield. He forces just about everything. And we throw (for some reason nobody can figure out with 3 solid RB's) a lot more then we pass AGAINST SCHOOLS THAT CAN'T STOP THE GOD **** ******* RUN YOU STUPID (*&*&*&*&**&)

Say what? What the hell are you talking about? I make a post that says your team got a new attitude, which even had the announcers doing the Soulja Boy in the booth and you won the rest of your games. Gee, that didn't start when Richt had your boys storm the field against Florida...did it? I'm sorry, I forgot that Richt must have gotten your open letter on an AU forum and got his playcalling and coordinators straightened out. My bad.

In two words, absolutely no.

1. Coach Richt is not that kind of man.

2. Georgia is an attractive university in a state with a multitude of talented athletes, many who have dreamed of playing football for Georgia their entire lives.

3. Success breeds success. Coach Richt and his staff have built a solid program, and along with their players, earned more success than Georgia has experienced in football since the early 80s.

You are so full of crap

Dear Mark Richt,

Say what? What the hell are you talking about? I make a post that says your team got a new attitude, which even had the announcers doing the Soulja Boy in the booth and you won the rest of your games. Gee, that didn't start when Richt had your boys storm the field against Florida...did it? I'm sorry, I forgot that Richt must have gotten your open letter on an AU forum and got his playcalling and coordinators straightened out. My bad.

Did you read what I posted?

I was completely agreeing with you. What I posted is what I said on this forum after we lost to Tennessee about Richt which means what you said WAS RIGHT

Duhhhhhhhh

Well duuhhh. Maybe it was the part where you quoted my post and followed it right up with..."You are so full of crap".

Now, my wife would totally agree with you, but that's another story.

I had my feelings hurt and my hormones were raging at the time and my hair just wouldn't cooperate at all. You've had those days, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Well duuhhh. Maybe it was the part where you quoted my post and followed it right up with..."You are so full of crap".

Now, my wife would totally agree with you, but that's another story.

I had my feelings hurt and my hormones were raging at the time and my hair just wouldn't cooperate at all. You've had those days, right?

You are so full of crap. {I kinda like this NewSpeak.}

Archived