Nick Saban, thy name is jerk!

Ashandarei

IIRC, Coach Saban was instrumental in the funding and building of an athletic learning center at LSU. I consider that a good thing.

Guest BoStillKnows

So the price of respect is $1M?

You can't buy respect...nice try though.

His lack of character overrides his attempt to buy respect.

ok, look guys. CNS did a good thing. good for him. lets not build it up to more than it is, and lets not tear it down either. alot of coaches make contributions to their school. this thread may as well go ahead and be locked or moved to the shed if it can't be kept civil.

ok, look guys. CNS did a good thing. good for him. lets not build it up to more than it is, and lets not tear it down either. alot of coaches make contributions to their school. this thread may as well go ahead and be locked or moved to the shed if it can't be kept civil.

When did they make you a mod?

When did they make you a mod?

you must not have gotten the memo :big:

just stating an opinion, thats all.

Guest BoStillKnows

As much as I hate the cliche "It is what it is!" And "He is what he is!"

Tubs gives to Auburn and other charities. Fulmer does at UT. Richt does at Georgia. But they don't make a huge media event out of it.

And you think Saban did? It was UA's media relations that put it out.

Wow are you naive. Do you not think Saban could have said I want to keep this low key?

Anyhow Saban is UAT.

I think most have acknowledged he is a jerk who did a good thing. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Perhaps one day he can do even more good things and quit being a complete a$$ long enough to raise himself out of the jerk category.

Regardless of his motive(s), that is still a good thing to do. Finescum put out a long article regarding this on Tuesday.

So....I guess I'll ask the question. Can a football player play on a "First Generation Scholarship"?

So....I guess I'll ask the question. Can a football player play on a "First Generation Scholarship"?

HOLY SCHOLARSHIP BATMAN!!!!! I am just not suspicious enough. Prowler that is priceless.... and exactly the kind of rule skirting that CN$ invents. Bama already has one kind of scholly that is used to skirt the 25 max. Now there are more available. Does the NC2A allow this?

I'm thinkin' that you are a detective in your day job.

HOLY SCHOLARSHIP BATMAN!!!!! I am just not suspicious enough. Prowler that is priceless.... and exactly the kind of rule skirting that CN$ invents. Bama already has one kind of scholly that is used to skirt the 25 max. Now there are more available. Does the NC2A allow this?

get off your knees and calm down......it is for non-athletes. you may now continue your regularly scheduled Prowler bobo honking. i don't know who has a bigger man-crush, you or Skeeter.

So....an athlete that is the first in their family to go to College will get the scholarship....just as long as they don't participate in anything that's for the athletes (ie Work outs with the players, Practice, or Games), right? But, say the athlete does want to join the program, they'll have to forfeit their "First Generation" scholarship, right? Then at that point the University could place them on a Athletic Scholarship? Would the athlete then have to pay back the University for the scholarship? Is that all correct, meaning, could that play out like that?

get off your knees and calm down......it is for non-athletes. you may now continue your regularly scheduled Prowler bobo honking. i don't know who has a bigger man-crush, you or Skeeter.

How about the scholly provided by the ex-players? This was used as one way for how $aban was going to find room for the 32 recruits.

BTW, the "man crush" with Prowler pertains to his ability to research and to look deeper than the obvious. A poor trusting soul like me needs to rely on and praise that type of talent.

Stat Tiger also does a good job with his research.

So........RWS......what do you bring to these boards except for snide, ineffective defenses of the "Tide" and demands for links?

Archived