Nick Saban, thy name is jerk!

Ashandarei

I thought it was cool that it was for regular students, not athletes.

I agree. Note the 2nd comment attached to the article from Gatiger1. That poster was previously known as Hoopie, but got banned.

I wonder if the national sports outlets will put out an article on this? Of course not..they are more worried about national disaster comments.

I thought it was cool that it was for regular students, not athletes.

I agree. Note the 2nd comment attached to the article from Gatiger1. That poster was previously known as Hoopie, but got banned.

I wonder if the national sports outlets will put out an article on this? Of course not..they are more worried about national disaster comments.

Does this mean Tubs should contribute also? After all he has the same number of SEC wins at B-D Stadium that Nick does.

As much fun as it is to bash Saban, that is pretty cool of him to do that. :thumbsup:

Nah, Ozzie and the boys slipped him a 1mil bonus to cover it. Good PR and stuff.... B)

I applaud CN$ for doing this, but he is still a jerk, just sayin...

...just to be clear, speaking for myself:

This is a worthwhile endeavour on Saban's part for which he and his wife deserve credit. While I'm sure he will continue to do things in the future that may p#$$ me off and for which I will criticize him, said future criticisms from me should not be construed as a lack of respect for this act of generosity.

What would be the tax advantage for him. Is there a cap on contributions, or can he make this 1 million in payments over time that could benefit him. Either way it is a very nice gesture. I would have qualified for that scholarship.

This is what a Bama fan told me about the 1 million - since $aban gave that, he's making the same as Tommy Tuberville and less than some coaches. According to the Bammer, that will shut up the media.

This is a worthwhile endeavour on Saban's part for which he and his wife deserve credit. While I'm sure he will continue to do things in the future that may p#$$ me off and for which I will criticize him, said future criticisms from me should not be construed as a lack of respect for this act of generosity.

Ditto

Very well put.

Quiet, you basically just said what sto said only with a bunch of flowery blah blah blah.

This is what a Bama fan told me about the 1 million - since $aban gave that, he's making the same as Tommy Tuberville and less than some coaches. According to the Bammer, that will shut up the media.

Unless Tubbs gives money too....I know, crazy.

Quiet, you basically just said what sto said only with a bunch of flowery blah blah blah.

Thank you very much. ;)

Just my flowery blah blah blah way of sidestepping the pejorative "jerk"... :big:

I tip my hat to the $abans. Good PR move and he obviously needs some positive PR. Does it change the fact that he is a pompous, arrogant and condescending jerk? I don't think so.

I once told a homeless guy to #$!& off, but then I gave him a dollar anyway b/c the girl I was with MADE me. Just sayin. :no:

Not to sound caustic, but it looks like he is starting to worry about his legacy. His image is shot to heck and he looks like he is trying to wrap up his career and build a better image than he has for the last few years.

I once told a homeless guy to #$!& off, but then I gave him a dollar anyway b/c the girl I was with MADE me. Just sayin. :no:

But did you take pictures to send to all your friends letting them know what a great guy you are?

But did you take pictures to send to all your friends letting them know what a great guy you are?

You mean like the many taken of Coach Tuberville going to Iraq? Come on, coaches(of many different schools) do a lot of good deeds, and should we judge their motives? The Sabans have always done charity work here and when they were at LSU. The University did the picutures and write ups about the money that they donated, and what is wrong with that.

Tubs gives to Auburn and other charities. Fulmer does at UT. Richt does at Georgia. But they don't make a huge media event out of it.

Tubs gives to Auburn and other charities. Fulmer does at UT. Richt does at Georgia. But they don't make a huge media event out of it.

And you think Saban did? It was UA's media relations that put it out.

Archived