What I've been trying to tell you.

Justin5

I don't know what you want to hear. I mean I could come up with a situation if I wanted to refute yours. Its ridiculous to come up with one random person and base an entire countries economic or energy policy on it.

I want to know what the immediate solution is other than having to be paying out the nose at the pumps right now. Correct, that is one random person, but how many more do you think there are out there like that? How many people have jobs where they make $10/hour and have to pay rent or a mortgage, utilities and try to live. My point is that some people can't wait around and watch gas get much higher. If they do, they could go under. I have yet to hear an offer for what we do right now. All I have heard is we will have an alternative, GREAT, all for it, but what do the poor do in the meantime?

Continuing polices we are using now will continue to create countless more like the person you have mentioned.

That said, even if we drill, that would not solve these people's problems. It is well documented that drilling would have little to no effect on price now.

We will eventually use every bit of the oil we have here. Now is not the time.

You keep saying this but it cannot be substantiated. The peak oil theory is just that, a theory. You will not see the end of oil in your lifetime, yet you keep calling it a finite source as though it will be gone tomorrow. Hogwash. There are oil fields out there that are replentishing themselves.

Oil comes from living things over a LONG period time. Here is a scenario on a sped up time frame:

The weeds in my garden replenish themselves too. However, the hoe "consumes" them at a higher rate than they can replenish. Soon enough, the weeds are gone from my garden. I leave it alone, and I can't see the tomatoes anymore.

As for the answer on how to take care of the people at your church, I don't know. Name any point in time anywhere in the world that situations like that didn't exist though. As much as we all hate it and try to prevent it, it is going to happen somewhere sometime regardless of having a Democrat, Republican, Fascsist, Communist, Dictator, or Pygmy Goat as the leader. That is why family and church is important. These people are blessed to have three kids and a church family. I'm sure their kids would never let them starve. I know I wouldn't let my neighbor, much less my family. My church helps out it's members too. Instead of calling it a charity, it is giving back to those that have given to the church. Even if they were a member for a few months, they have given to the church in the fact they are a child of God following his commandments.

I don't know what you want to hear. I mean I could come up with a situation if I wanted to refute yours. Its ridiculous to come up with one random person and base an entire countries economic or energy policy on it.

I want to know what the immediate solution is other than having to be paying out the nose at the pumps right now. Correct, that is one random person, but how many more do you think there are out there like that? How many people have jobs where they make $10/hour and have to pay rent or a mortgage, utilities and try to live. My point is that some people can't wait around and watch gas get much higher. If they do, they could go under. I have yet to hear an offer for what we do right now. All I have heard is we will have an alternative, GREAT, all for it, but what do the poor do in the meantime?

:poke:

Bump.

I waiting for you to tell me how wrong every sentence of this is:

As for the answer on how to take care of the people at your church, I don't know. Name any point in time anywhere in the world that situations like that didn't exist though. As much as we all hate it and try to prevent it, it is going to happen somewhere sometime regardless of having a Democrat, Republican, Fascsist, Communist, Dictator, or Pygmy Goat as the leader. That is why family and church is important. These people are blessed to have three kids and a church family. I'm sure their kids would never let them starve. I know I wouldn't let my neighbor, much less my family. My church helps out it's members too. Instead of calling it a charity, it is giving back to those that have given to the church. Even if they were a member for a few months, they have given to the church in the fact they are a child of God following his commandments.

:poke:

Bump.

I waiting for you to tell me how wrong every sentence of this is:

Ok. You just made my point for me, I had mentioned the same thing above if you would have read it. Here let me quote it for you...

How many people have jobs where they make $10/hour and have to pay rent or a mortgage, utilities and try to live.
Oh yeah, if there were kids were able to help, they would, but unfortunately they can't help much either. They fall in the category that I have just listed above, they work, don't make much and have families of their own to support. The Church doesn't give them any money, it's fellow members like us that help them out. Maybe not charity from that stand point, but what about those that aren't members of a church, that get help like that from other non-church people, that would be called charity. Not to nit pick, and if you are messing with me, then that is fine too. No offense taken if none was meant. Congress has sat around for years and years and done nothing about it. We knew that energy was going to be a problem since the late 70's, if they didn't see it, then they are ignorant fools. I don't really have a sense of humor about this. I see it with happening with a lot of people and to be brutally honest it pisses me off and makes me feel bad for people that can't help it.

They will tax you and me and give a fuel stipend to the poor. Achmed has nothing but Robin Hood economics planned.

Sounds good to me. If all that AUTiger is concerned about is the poor, he should have no problem with this.

Typical liberal answer, you have no problem raising taxes. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars going to those who truly need it, not one bit. What I do have a problem with, is my tax dollars paying for things like the Medicare Rx Plan, No Child Left Behind (what a piece of crap education legislation) Studies so some park ranger can get the DNA from Grizzly Bears and study the DNA makeup of it (I mean when we really don't need to spend it, is it necessary to spend 10 million on it), the environmental affects of a levitating train form Vegas to LA when they have a train for that very route that was shutdown from the lack of business along with a lot of other crap giveaway. But yeah, I have NO problem with my taxes helping those that REALLY need it!

BTW, I am concerned about the poor. Like I said, my wife and I have decent paying jobs and we aren't struggling by any means (yet) but I am concerned about more than the poor as well. Pretty condescending remark on your part.

AUTiger1:

I was just messing with you about the "bump" thing. I didn't mean any offense to you or your friends.

I am of the opinion that situations will be there inevitably. Some because of circumstance, some because of health, others because of education, and some due to laziness. I really do sympathize with those that cannot help it. It pisses me off that the pride of an individual or group of individuals in politics can take so much from families. Too many times the struggle between the parties and them "proving a point the the other" or trying to keep/re-gain power drives the people into the ground. Sadly an official who cuts unemployment, or shelters more homeless, or eliminates a fraction of the situations described is considered a successful guy/woman. We are pretty apathetic as a whole when some progress is shown, ah that's good enough. Great job President X. :rolleyes:

I think all politicians will claim to desire to assist people in those situations. I'm sure some of them actually do give a crap and have plans and procedures to do so. Whether or not they make their way into effect is a different story (i.e. Congress, votes, etc.)

Back to those who are just plain lazy and capitalize off the needs of others. I could the the Charlie Daniels approach with them. Tie 'em to a stump in the swamp & let the gators and the mosquitoes do the rest.

Energy problems have been no secret for a while now. They making themselves known now yet again. I hope we can be smart Americans and learn from our recent mistakes. We may have different takes on how to apply the historical facts, but at least we can see there is something to be learned. If we end up drilling, I'm still a big advocate of alternatives and changing over, but you won't see me laying naked across the drill in protest. I'll have to accept it and move on. My personal vision of not requiring oil could possibly be prolonged, but it will happen one day though the little man in my avatar may be criticizing you and me like we are those in the 70s. If we do not end up drilling (sadly this is doubtful), I would hope everyone so ademet about drilling would be able to move on and fully embrace it. Don't be the one to say, "well if they aren't drilling, screw them. I'll show them by not changing to anything until I'm forced to do so." If we cannot personally adapt to things that do not go our way, how could we criticize the ones in authority for doing the same? I understand that something like taking away your right to worship, bear arms, speak, have more than two kids, etc are very important. There comes a time when you have to refuse to adapt, but I cannot personally justify this issue as one of those.

They will tax you and me and give a fuel stipend to the poor. Achmed has nothing but Robin Hood economics planned.

Sounds good to me. If all that AUTiger is concerned about is the poor, he should have no problem with this.

Typical liberal answer, you have no problem raising taxes. I don't have a problem with my tax dollars going to those who truly need it, not one bit. What I do have a problem with, is my tax dollars paying for things like the Medicare Rx Plan, No Child Left Behind (what a piece of crap education legislation) Studies so some park ranger can get the DNA from Grizzly Bears and study the DNA makeup of it (I mean when we really don't need to spend it, is it necessary to spend 10 million on it), the environmental affects of a levitating train form Vegas to LA when they have a train for that very route that was shutdown from the lack of business along with a lot of other crap giveaway. But yeah, I have NO problem with my taxes helping those that REALLY need it!

BTW, I am concerned about the poor. Like I said, my wife and I have decent paying jobs and we aren't struggling by any means (yet) but I am concerned about more than the poor as well. Pretty condescending remark on your part.

Uh, wasn't No Child Left Behind, "Shubs" idea.

Uh, wasn't No Child Left Behind, "Shubs" idea.

Never said it wasn't genius, so was the Medicare Rx Plan.

Where did I say I blame the Dems for those? Either stay within a conversation or stay out of it. What I said was, I have a problem with my tax dollars being wasted on that kind of crap. I have a problem with both parties and the way they have spent like drunken sailors on leave. There were a lot of Dems that voted yes on both those btw, so to say that it is all one party to blame is a stretch at best.

AUTiger1:

I was just messing with you about the "bump" thing. I didn't mean any offense to you or your friends. --None taken, I apologize for the snappiness of my post.

I am of the opinion that situations will be there inevitably. Some because of circumstance, some because of health, others because of education, and some due to laziness. I really do sympathize with those that cannot help it. It pisses me off that the pride of an individual or group of individuals in politics can take so much from families. Too many times the struggle between the parties and them "proving a point the the other" or trying to keep/re-gain power drives the people into the ground. Sadly an official who cuts unemployment, or shelters more homeless, or eliminates a fraction of the situations described is considered a successful guy/woman. We are pretty apathetic as a whole when some progress is shown, ah that's good enough. Great job President X. :rolleyes:---Agreed, I have several friends from my hometown that I still keep in touch with that fall under some of the categories that you have mentioned. I see the rising cost of fuel, foods, and goods putting the pinch on them everyday and I get ill when I think about it.

I think all politicians will claim to desire to assist people in those situations. I'm sure some of them actually do give a crap and have plans and procedures to do so. Whether or not they make their way into effect is a different story (i.e. Congress, votes, etc.) I believe this to be true. I have see the acts of some of them to lead me to believe this. Too bad there are many who are in it for the power and the perks of the office. Shame on them!

Back to those who are just plain lazy and capitalize off the needs of others. I could the the Charlie Daniels approach with them. Tie 'em to a stump in the swamp & let the gators and the mosquitoes do the rest. :thumbsup:

Energy problems have been no secret for a while now. They making themselves known now yet again. I hope we can be smart Americans and learn from our recent mistakes. We may have different takes on how to apply the historical facts, but at least we can see there is something to be learned. If we end up drilling, I'm still a big advocate of alternatives and changing over, but you won't see me laying naked across the drill in protest. I'll have to accept it and move on. My personal vision of not requiring oil could possibly be prolonged, but it will happen one day though the little man in my avatar may be criticizing you and me like we are those in the 70s. If we do not end up drilling (sadly this is doubtful), I would hope everyone so ademet about drilling would be able to move on and fully embrace it. Don't be the one to say, "well if they aren't drilling, screw them. I'll show them by not changing to anything until I'm forced to do so." If we cannot personally adapt to things that do not go our way, how could we criticize the ones in authority for doing the same? I understand that something like taking away your right to worship, bear arms, speak, have more than two kids, etc are very important. There comes a time when you have to refuse to adapt, but I cannot personally justify this issue as one of those. I am an advocate of both with the hope that eventually we will wean ourselves off oil altogether, but I don't see that happening for a long time. I see us making strides to do that, but I don't think we will be completely independent of oil for a while.

Regardless of who wants to blame who, and who wants to fix what, the people of this nation are about to hit the 21st Century version of a "Great Depression". Taxation will NOT solve this problem. It will take a concerted effort on both sides of the isle to create a plan that will take us into the next 100 years.

There's nothing wrong with a combination package. Alternative fuels need to be created (Corn is not the answer to this, as it will drive the food prices up) from sugar cane to batteries to solar energy to clean coal to nuclear energy. In the meantime, we need to drill more, and we need more refinaries! We must create a diverse energy program.

My plan goes like this:

Increase alternative fuel production by 2015 to 35% of the fuel supplies. I know it's bold, but it can be done.

Increase drilling, which by 2020 should be at a self-generated capacity of at least 40%. This would decrease foriegn oil imports and stabilize gas prices. It's not a short term fix, but we need to implement a goal that can be attained. Fossil fuels will be the major player for at least another 50 to 100 years. There's no way people can retrofit their existing cars in a short time frame. For alot of people, there's no way they can AFFORD alternative fuel cars at this time anyway.

Increase research on alternative fuels. Look at every aspect of bio-mass fuels and other alternative sources, then implement them into the package.

"Team Up" with U.S. Auto Manufacturers to build more "fuel friendly" cars and trucks. It's the U.S. auto industry who needs to get online, and they are playing catch up with Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and Honda. To be honest, GM offers alot of cars now that get 28 or better MPG, and Ford has a truck, SUV, and two cars that get 28 or better at the moment. The problem with these cars......TOO SMALL. For a famliy of four, how can you travel very far and be comfortable in a Prius or Focus (I have a Focus, and it's a great 35 MPG, but a two hour trip or better will leave a mark).

25% of the rest will be from outside sources until we can get closer to 90% by 2050.

Just my little plan. It means nothing, but don't expect Congress or any politician to come up with much in the meantime.

Archived