Bammer football has become a pipeline to prison

whiteplainstiger

Bammer has at least 3 former football players currently serving hard time in prison and two other players who are awaiting trial on felony charges.

Former SPUAT running back Sherman Williams is currently serving a 15 year prison sentence for selling cocaine. Former SPUAT linebacker Trevis Smith is currently serving a 5 year prison sentence for intentionally infecting a woman with the HIV virus. Ezzie Ruals is currently serving a 8 year prison sentence for armed robbery. As far as I know, Jeremy Elder is still awaiting trial for armed robbery after being arrested in January or Febuary of this year. Jimmy Johns is now awaiting trial for selling cocaine to undercover police officers.

Bammer probably has more players serving hard time in prison than they have playing football in the NFL. If you want your son to end up in prison, you should send them to play football for the Criminal Tide. Bammer football really and truly has become a pipeline to prison.

Bammer probably has more players serving hard time in prison than they have playing football in the NFL. If you want your son to end up in prison, you should send them to play football for the Criminal Tide you should not spend any time while they are younger teaching them values or consequences of their actions. Bammer football really and truly has become a pipeline to prison.

fixed that for you.

Bammer probably has more players serving hard time in prison than they have playing football in the NFL. If you want your son to end up in prison, you should send them to play football for the Criminal Tide you should not spend any time while they are younger teaching them values or consequences of their actions. Bammer football really and truly has become a pipeline to prison.

fixed that for you.

Exactly. Teaching your kids values = your child does not go to Bama. I couldn't have said it better myself.

fixed that for you.

Exactly. Teaching your kids values = your child does not go to Bama. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hey, as long as someone teaches them values, because it sounds like you are saying that Jimmy Johns family did not teach him values. You may have been taught right from wrong, but you may do wrong anyway, and that is called making your own decision. If it is the wrong one then you have no one to blame but yourself. Frankly, I hate that he wasted his given talent, but I do not have any sympathy for him, because he was a pusher and that effects others. I think drug pushers should be put under the jail, and I don't care what football team they play or have played for.

Since you were the only one who said it I'd have to disagree with you.

fixed that for you.

Hey, as long as someone teaches them values, because it sounds like you are saying that Jimmy Johns family did not teach him values.

Well obviously someone taught him values,,,,,, the value of cocaine, the value of ecstasy, the value of marijuana. Too bad no one taught him the value of an education. Especially since he had an opportunity to get a free education at the University of Alabama.

fixed that for you.

Hey, as long as someone teaches them values, because it sounds like you are saying that Jimmy Johns family did not teach him values.

Well obviously someone taught him values,,,,,, the value of cocaine, the value of ecstasy, the value of marijuana. Too bad no one taught him the value of an education. Especially since he had an opportunity to get a free education at the University of Alabama.

Yeah, this is all the parent's fault. Right. Are you telling me the athletic department, the coach, the team, the university has no liability here? So when Saban has the parents on the couch saying they can trust him to take care of their children, that's not to be believed? Any parents reading this?

Fact is, UAT is running a 'don't get caught' program. I'm seeing bama folks on forums saying his activity has been known for over a year around campus. You gonna tell me the athletic department didn't have a clue?

I'm proud of my school. Can you say the same right now?

I'm proud of my school and the Tuscaloosa Narcotics Unit for cleaning up the streets of a thug that was hurting our students and reputation.

Let me explain this to you. We have an apparent problem at Alabama, and it's a problem that needs to not be overlooked. Students WILL be arrested because the city of Tuscaloosa is going to take a proactive stance in fixing this problem. Along with the city of Tuscaloosa, the University of Alabama and the Football program are taking a proactive stance in fixing this problem. I've said it on this forum before, I'd rather not field a team this coming year than have thugs like Jimmy Johns on our team. If we have 5 players arrested this week for cocaine distribution and are kicked out of school I believe we are the better, not the worse, for it.

I would rather have the said people off the team and out of our program that we are fighting like hell to rebuild, and take the flames from Auburn fans, than to have none of them caught for their crimes and still on the team. We would be in a FAR worse place if Alabama would have had no arrests this year and nobody was the wiser. Clean 'em out, clean 'em all out.

Your answer is yes, I am proud of my school. For the same reason you are proud of yours, because of how great it is, and because the standards are being enforced rather than compromised.

right now? I don't stop being proud of my school because a low class thug wasn't worth the paper he signed his LOI on. I'm not a fair weathered fan. I wouldn't be on my rivals football forum in the off season if I was. "Can you say the same right now" It's an insult even to assume that my pride for my School runs and hides on hard days like today. If you can't be proud of your school on days like this, you'll never comprehend the payoff on the day when you've overcome them.

I'm proud of my school and the Tuscaloosa Narcotics Unit for cleaning up the streets of a thug that was hurting our students and reputation.

Let me explain this to you. We have an apparent problem at Alabama, and it's a problem that needs to not be overlooked. Students WILL be arrested because the city of Tuscaloosa is going to take a proactive stance in fixing this problem. Along with the city of Tuscaloosa, the University of Alabama and the Football program are taking a proactive stance in fixing this problem. I've said it on this forum before, I'd rather not field a team this coming year than have thugs like Jimmy Johns on our team. If we have 5 players arrested this week for cocaine distribution and are kicked out of school I believe we are the better, not the worse, for it.

I would rather have the said people off the team and out of our program that we are fighting like hell to rebuild, and take the flames from Auburn fans, than to have none of them caught for their crimes and still on the team. We would be in a FAR worse place if Alabama would have had no arrests this year and nobody was the wiser. Clean 'em out, clean 'em all out.

Your answer is yes, I am proud of my school. For the same reason you are proud of yours, because of how great it is, and because the standards are being enforced rather than compromised.

What standards are being enforced? A guy that is going to jail for a long time is removed from the team. Sorta didn't take much action by the team or the school, but ok.

And by all accounts JJ has been doing this a long time and EVERYONE knew since it was such common knowledge. So I don't agree. Apparently it has been overlooked by everyone but the police who were finally able to build a case against one.

Yeah, he's off the team. That wasn't hard to do since he's looking at a lot of jail time. But ask yourself, who knew, and for how long? If the entire student body knew, who else did? Then ask yourself how proud you are of your team.

Removing JJ from the University isn't much to be proud of. Again, it was a no brainer. Letting him traffic narcotics from campus for such a long time. Again, nothing to be proud of. Having a rash of player related incidents with the law in the last year. Yeah, I'd be writing letters, not on Auburn forums but to the people that are accountable for the reputation of your school... but that's just me.

right now? I don't stop being proud of my school because a low class thug wasn't worth the paper he signed his LOI on. I'm not a fair weathered fan. I wouldn't be on my rivals football forum in the off season if I was. "Can you say the same right now" It's an insult even to assume that my pride for my School runs and hides on hard days like today. If you can't be proud of your school on days like this, you'll never comprehend the payoff on the day when you've overcome them.

What a joke. This low class thug, whom everyone apparently knew was doing what he was doing, was kept on campus until the day he was arrested.

It's ok to be ashamed of your school. Especially when it is deserved. Stay faithful, but don't be proud that your school let a major part of the problem running rampant on campus be trafficked from the athletic department for the better part of the year. There is no fault in shame. Shame causes changes. Pride in the face of events that don't warrant it is misplaced and leads to the downfall.

Former SPUAT linebacker Trevis Smith is currently serving a 5 year prison sentence for intentionally infecting a woman with the HIV virus.

Wow! I honestly had no idea you could go to jail for that. You may not know the answer, but what are the charges? Could anyone who contracts this disease sue the infector? If so, could I sue my co-workers for medical expenses if I get the flu from them? Where does the line get drawn? Viruses, STD's, life threatening diseases? Again, WOW!

** Seems like he should quit watching South Park too**

Are you serious? Intentionally giving someone HIV, a potentially life threatening disease, is much different than keeping your flu on the DL at work.

Trevis Smith should be thrown UNDER the jail. And yes, his victim should be able to sue.

Are you serious? Intentionally giving someone HIV, a potentially life threatening disease, is much different than keeping your flu on the DL at work.

Trevis Smith should be thrown UNDER the jail. And yes, his victim should be able to sue.

It doesn't happen often, but I agree with WC.

I'm not saying he deserves to be running around repeating his offenses.

I doubt they said "on the charge of intentional penetration with an infected weapon, we the people find the defendant guilty"

I mean is it attempted murder? What could it be?

I did ask the question "where do you draw the line" b/c if someone wins a case with the life threatening disease, someone will try it with herpes, then if a sick kid drinks some of his friend's coke his parents will sue the other set of parents. I'm just curious to know the legal side of it.

Never hurts.........you could be sapeonaed next Tuesday b/c you didn't cover your mouth when you sneezed in the elevator. The plaintiff could reference this case. Wouldn't you know what to look for?

Former SPUAT linebacker Trevis Smith is currently serving a 5 year prison sentence for intentionally infecting a woman with the HIV virus.

Wow! I honestly had no idea you could go to jail for that. You may not know the answer, but what are the charges? Could anyone who contracts this disease sue the infector? If so, could I sue my co-workers for medical expenses if I get the flu from them? Where does the line get drawn? Viruses, STD's, life threatening diseases? Again, WOW!

Yes you can go to jail for intentionally infecting someone with HIV/AIDS. The charge most times is attempted murder.

Yes you can go to jail for intentionally infecting someone with HIV/AIDS. The charge most times is attempted murder.

Ahhhhh Thanks. AUAV........ Guess you still have that expert informant on these topics working for you?

What a joke. This low class thug, whom everyone apparently knew was doing what he was doing, was kept on campus until the day he was arrested.

It's ok to be ashamed of your school. Especially when it is deserved. Stay faithful, but don't be proud that your school let a major part of the problem running rampant on campus be trafficked from the athletic department for the better part of the year. There is no fault in shame. Shame causes changes. Pride in the face of events that don't warrant it is misplaced and leads to the downfall.

Yeah. The only reason I keep hounding you for it is because you continue to take this as a point of pride that Saban actually did something. He didn't. He "kicked him off the team" after the University "kicked him off campus" after the police kicked him off of free society.

Yet every bama fan I've heard from including yourself "is not at all shocked" by this. If every Joe Schmo to ever wear crimson knew it was going on, how the HELL could no players or coaches know it was going on. That defies logic. And while there may not be any other teammates directly involved, it is ignorant to believe that he managed to be well known throughout the campus as the go-to supplier of party favors, yet every one of the people he spent the most time with had no clue.

Here is an article that talks about Trevis Smith being sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prsion. This article even mentions that he is a former SPUAT football player.

Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2780734

REGINA, Saskatchewan -- A former Canadian Football League player infected with HIV was sentenced to 5½ years in prison Monday for knowingly exposing two women to the virus by having unprotected sex with them.

Trevis Smith, a linebacker who attended Alabama and later played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, was found guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual assault this month. Judge Kenn Bellerose also sentenced Smith to an additional six months in prison for various bail violations.

Smith was convicted this month and has filed an appeal.

During the trial, a Regina woman and another woman from British Columbia testified that he said he had unprotected sex with them even though he knew he was HIV-positive, something he never told them.

Smith, who played for Saskatchewan from 1998-05, said that wasn't true, but the judge said he believed the women

If every Joe Schmo to ever wear crimson knew it was going on, how the HELL could no players or coaches know it was going on. That defies logic. And while there may not be any other teammates directly involved, it is ignorant to believe that he managed to be well known throughout the campus as the go-to supplier of party favors, yet every one of the people he spent the most time with had no clue.

See my reply on the other thread: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48535 .

Could it be that Saban's arrogance and aloof, secretive administrative style cuts him off from such sources of information?

fixed that for you.

Dude, I'm quite sure that cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana are ALL more valuable than an education from UAT! Ok, ok, I'm kidding but I still am having a hard time seeing how something like this can go down. It happened at Auburn during the Buster Brown days, and it's a terrible thing for a program to go through. However, you can see a DIRECT correlation b/w the sorts of athletes that UAT is recruiting and the trouble and havoc that they are reeking in Tuscaloosa. In Auburn on the other hand, you have a coach that came in and CLEANED up on DAY 1..........Sure, we have had a couple of slip ups since 99, but the punishment at Auburn isn't ice cream and a 1/2 game suspension. Look at Tre Blackmon........almost got kicked off the team entirely, and is VERY LUCKY to of gotten what he did. In the ENTIRE last year, how many Auburn athletes have screwed up? NONE that are print worthy!

fixed that for you.

Dude, I'm quite sure that cocaine, ecstasy and marijuana are ALL more valuable than an education from UAT! Ok, ok, I'm kidding but I still am having a hard time seeing how something like this can go down. It happened at Auburn during the Buster Brown days, and it's a terrible thing for a program to go through. However, you can see a DIRECT correlation b/w the sorts of athletes that UAT is recruiting and the trouble and havoc that they are reeking in Tuscaloosa. In Auburn on the other hand, you have a coach that came in and CLEANED up on DAY 1..........Sure, we have had a couple of slip ups since 99, but the punishment at Auburn isn't ice cream and a 1/2 game suspension. Look at Tre Blackmon........almost got kicked off the team entirely, and is VERY LUCKY to of gotten what he did. In the ENTIRE last year, how many Auburn athletes have screwed up? NONE that are print worthy!

Jac.....those are good points. I'm not sure the Bammers will listen if you hold AU up as a good example to follow b/c they only have the ability to view it a flaming them

Certainly if a coach is really trying to get quality character recruits, then there theoretically should be less problems. When problems arise(and they will for every school) and continue to arise and the coach doesn't go into hyper disciplinary mode, then even some good kids will see the lax discipline get away with whatever they can and get into trouble by following the bad elements. It is tragic when that happens and where the coach fails.

fixed that for you.

Dude, So sorry you didn't see the :drippingsarcasm7pa: in my post. I will try harder in the future.

Archived