Dre Kirkpatrick

Proud Tiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you haven't noticed, you guys talk about UA quite often. you even have a sub-forum pretty much dedicated to it.

We have no more discussion of our rivals than many bammer boards have. We just choose not to mix it in with our Auburn football discussion by segregating the vast majority of it into a subforum.

I'd love it if he came to Auburn, but there hasn't been one piece of evidence to suggest he will come to Auburn.

Oh yes there is...Colonel Mustard, in the dining room...with the candle stick. :cheer:

:au::homer:

I'd love it if he came to Auburn, but there hasn't been one piece of evidence to suggest he will come to Auburn.

I've been waitin for a link for a while too...but last year when he and Jerrell visited, there were lots of reports that Dre was very excited and loudly cheering for Auburn. Then Prolwer posts that he's hearing that Dre is coming...I have learned on this baord that it is best to trust Prowler and his sources. And now this thread, another person is hearing the info. Where there is smoke there is fire. I have a VERY good feeling about Dre at this point. Tana too for that matter if you consider Prowler's other post.

:au: WAR DAMN EAGLE! :au:

the Rivals AU Recruiting Hot Board had Kirkpatrick listed as about a 20% chance of signing with AU and noted that Gadsden is "tough for AU". Kelly had a 25% chance, and Patrick 40%.

so you joined the AU Rivals prem. site? Who's obsessed with who? B)

as a BOL subscriber, that gives me access to any premium stuff on AU's site except War Room and The Bunker. nice try ;)

You are such a tool.

please elaborate. what, as an Alabama fan i am not allowed to subscribe to BOL? i guess that means no AU fans should subscribe to AS?

You spend so much time over here trying to defend the mighty tahd, you'd think at some point you would realize your on a freaking AU board. When it comes down to Bama vs Auburn for a recruit most of the bama fans on this board seem to think it's a joke that AU could pull one of these guys. And if we do get a player you guys were looking at there is always some excuse as to why he choose AU. I.E. you didnt offer, we didnt want him.

if you haven't noticed, you guys talk about UA quite often. you even have a sub-forum pretty much dedicated to it. so far between last recruiting season and this one you guys have pulled TWO people we mutually offered. the majority of AU's commits do not hold UA offers, and i don't think of that one way or another really. each team is just looking for a different type of athlete.

i think its a joke if you think AU will land Kirkpatrick, Ming, or Johnson which is easily some of the top talent in the state.

so, because they are (in your opinion) some of the top talent in the state, its a joke if any of us think any of them would sign with auburn? What an arrogant tool... Come down off your pedestal

i think Patrick could go either way, but i think he will ultimately end up at UA. i think it is perfectly within a reasonable realm that he might end up at AU, though. i wouldn't classify a non-offer as an excuse. thats a pretty legit reason as to why someone WOULDN'T go to school at Alabama....certainly they aren't going to come if they weren't offered. just the same as a stud isn't going to go to AU if they don't offer. as far as the "we didn't want him" excuse, you need to review some posts from before signing day and after. there were "well we really stopped recruiting him", "we had higher people on our board", "he's overrated", etc excuses from AU fans left and right.

Love those quotes you picked, cause we heard the same thing from uat fans a few years ago when Tim Hawthorne signed with Auburn, and we've heard it countless times before over the last 5 - 10 years, except with hawthorne, I believe it was something along the lines of "he's a thug, we don't want him". Now, what's wrong with our coaches evaluating the players for OUR program and putting people HIGHER on our want list than somebody uat is recruiting? Just because uat is recruiting him doesn't mean he's better than anybody else auburn has on its wish list. Once again, come off your pedestal..

if you haven't noticed, you guys talk about UA quite often. you even have a sub-forum pretty much dedicated to it.

And you come here all the time in great anticipation of everything we say :poke:

i think its a joke if you think AU will land Kirkpatrick, Ming, or Johnson which is easily some of the top talent in the state.

so, because they are (in your opinion) some of the top talent in the state, its a joke if any of us think any of them would sign with auburn? What an arrogant tool... Come down off your pedestal

i'm not saying that its a joke because they are some of the top talent in the state, i was just simply mentioning that they aren't just pushovers.

i think Patrick could go either way, but i think he will ultimately end up at UA. i think it is perfectly within a reasonable realm that he might end up at AU, though. i wouldn't classify a non-offer as an excuse. thats a pretty legit reason as to why someone WOULDN'T go to school at Alabama....certainly they aren't going to come if they weren't offered. just the same as a stud isn't going to go to AU if they don't offer. as far as the "we didn't want him" excuse, you need to review some posts from before signing day and after. there were "well we really stopped recruiting him", "we had higher people on our board", "he's overrated", etc excuses from AU fans left and right.

Love those quotes you picked, cause we heard the same thing from uat fans a few years ago when Tim Hawthorne signed with Auburn, and we've heard it countless times before over the last 5 - 10 years, except with hawthorne, I believe it was something along the lines of "he's a thug, we don't want him". Now, what's wrong with our coaches evaluating the players for OUR program and putting people HIGHER on our want list than somebody uat is recruiting? Just because uat is recruiting him doesn't mean he's better than anybody else auburn has on its wish list. Once again, come off your pedestal..

don't hold me accountable for what somebody from my fanbase might have said over the last 5-10 years. i've never said anything negative about him. there is nothing wrong with your coaches evaluating players for your program, and i even stated previously that there aren't many mutually offered kids, so the two programs are just going after different types of athletes. if AU didn't even offer somebody it would be a little hard for me to say we beat AU out for his services.....since AU did not even offer.

ahhh dont you love it when the only things bama fans have to talk about is recruiting smack?..other than the lead in the Fulmer cup of course.

i'm not the one that brought it up.

That's true RWs....but you did respond with smack......and the smack was wrong. We have 3-4 guys from Mobile this year already..not just 1.

So you are a Bammer responding with recruiting smack b/c that's all you got. And you are wrong

ahhh dont you love it when the only things bama fans have to talk about is recruiting smack?..other than the lead in the Fulmer cup of course.

That's true RWs....but you did respond with smack......and the smack was wrong. We have 3-4 guys from Mobile this year already..not just 1.

So you are a Bammer responding with recruiting smack b/c that's all you got. And you are wrong

you guys have 4 from (i count Cotton even though he is in MD now...he was down here when he commited)Mobile, only 2 were offered mutually by UA also. i'm pretty sure i stated that clearly in previous posts. i never said you guys only had one or two from Mobile....i said yall only had 2 that were MUTUALLY OFFERED.

ok, just went back no clue why i said 1 on the first page but i did say 2 in my post on the second page as far as how many from Mobile had mutual offers.

you guys have 4 from (i count Cotton even though he is in MD now...he was down here when he commited)Mobile, only 2 were offered mutually by UA also. i'm pretty sure i stated that clearly in previous posts. i never said you guys only had one or two from Mobile....i said yall only had 2 that were MUTUALLY OFFERED.

ok, just went back no clue why i said 1 on the first page but i did say 2 in my post on the second page as far as how many from Mobile had mutual offers.

Travis will make it 3. B)

Rumor is that Dre Kirkpatrick of Gasden is ready to commit. Anybody hearing anything?

The word in Gadsden is that Dre and Kendall Kelly will hold a presser and commit on signing day. I was told that a while ago and haven't heard anything new. That doesn't mean one won't commit before then. Teens change their minds daily.

Rumor is that Dre Kirkpatrick of Gasden is ready to commit. Anybody hearing anything?

The word in Gadsden is that Dre and Kendall Kelly will hold a presser and commit on signing day. I was told that a while ago and haven't heard anything new. That doesn't mean one won't commit before then. Teens change their minds daily.

Yeah that's what is being reported. Next to bama Miami and USC semmed to be his' favorites. Surprised Texas didn't make it with his' strong relationship with CWM.

You spend so much time over here trying to defend the mighty tahd, you'd think at some point you would realize your on a freaking AU board. When it comes down to Bama vs Auburn for a recruit most of the bama fans on this board seem to think it's a joke that AU could pull one of these guys. And if we do get a player you guys were looking at there is always some excuse as to why he choose AU. I.E. you didnt offer, we didnt want him.

Say what you want, the UA guys here seem like good guys who can take what is given to them and without them some threads wouldn't have been as exciting B)

Say what you want, the UA guys here seem like good guys who can take what is given to them and without them some threads wouldn't have been as exciting B)

Mainly because people argue with them about the same thing in multiple threads, its so freakin predictable.

An auburn fan makes a comment to begin. Someone makes a jab at bama regarding the original idea. Bama fan swoops in and defends the tide. Your argument is born again. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the banter, it just gets old sometimes.

Mainly because people argue with them about the same thing in multiple threads, its so freakin predictable.

An auburn fan makes a comment to begin. Someone makes a jab at bama regarding the original idea. Bama fan swoops in and defends the tide. Your argument is born again. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the banter, it just gets old sometimes.

That isn't exactly fair though. If we make used jabs then they should be able to make used arguments. I don't see what is so wrong with that. If we get tired of old arguments maybe we should find new material.

That isn't exactly fair though. If we make used jabs then they should be able to make used arguments. I don't see what is so wrong with that. If we get tired of old arguments maybe we should find new material.

you are absolutely right. as an auburn board we should be able to make jabs without having to put up with constant spin, but conversly we should strive to be more creative sometimes.

I do think we need to make a much harder push in the Gadsden area! Whether or not it's Bammer territory of not, the public perception is not good for Auburn just as the Mobile area is. We need to put our best recruiting team in both places and go after Kirkpatrick, kelly, et al. with everything we have. I cannot understand why Kelly would want to go to bammer with them getting the king of the world (Julio) last year! Put James Willis on him. BTW, with the Senior camp coming up on the 12th, you can expect some more commits during or soon afterwards. WDE!

I do think we need to make a much harder push in the Gadsden area! Whether or not it's Bammer territory of not, the public perception is not good for Auburn just as the Mobile area is. We need to put our best recruiting team in both places and go after Kirkpatrick, kelly, et al. with everything we have. I cannot understand why Kelly would want to go to bammer with them getting the king of the world (Julio) last year! Put James Willis on him. BTW, with the Senior camp coming up on the 12th, you can expect some more commits during or soon afterwards. WDE!

you can't even compare the two areas. gadsen will be a topic of conversation for years to come.

you are absolutely right. as an auburn board we should be able to make jabs without having to put up with constant spin, but conversly we should strive to be more creative sometimes.

I visit the board everyday, but I do not contribute very much. I'm not in the know on any info, nor does my opinion really matter. I enjoy the info on recruiting and current players, and I think alot of the people on this board are funny and entertaining. I go here to get away from these bamzos, and low and behold there they are. Their like cockroaches. It does get old having to sift through the uat garbage. I don't understand why we continue to let them spew their propaganda on an AUBURN forum. At first it was cute, but now it is just wasting bandwidth. :au:

Thanks for a direct response to my original post and question. That is a rarity here lately.

That doesn't mean one won't commit before then. Teens change their minds daily.

And if even if they do commit , they could still change their minds before Signing Day. All recruting talk before then is really only good for two things:

1) To some degree, I suppose it creates a media impression or "buzz" that might sway other high school seniors

2) It gives us something to talk about between now and August 30th!

I visit the board everyday, but I do not contribute very much. I'm not in the know on any info, nor does my opinion really matter. I enjoy the info on recruiting and current players, and I think alot of the people on this board are funny and entertaining. I go here to get away from these bamzos, and low and behold there they are. Their like cockroaches. It does get old having to sift through the uat garbage. I don't understand why we continue to let them spew their propaganda on an AUBURN forum. At first it was cute, but now it is just wasting bandwidth. :au:

Hey, looks like one of your own wants a Bama type board.

I visit the board everyday, but I do not contribute very much. I'm not in the know on any info, nor does my opinion really matter. I enjoy the info on recruiting and current players, and I think alot of the people on this board are funny and entertaining. I go here to get away from these bamzos, and low and behold there they are. Their like cockroaches. It does get old having to sift through the uat garbage. I don't understand why we continue to let them spew their propaganda on an AUBURN forum. At first it was cute, but now it is just wasting bandwidth.

Well I think we allow them to stay here for several reasons.

1. While we come for information, we also come to debate and discuss. It gets a little old hearing the same opinion on every post. It is nice to have a debate on something.

2. It can often times provide someone to make fun of.

3. I like to be updated on what is going on at Alabama.

4. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer(strictly meant on the football field, not that ya'll are my enemies)

JMO

Hey, looks like one of your own wants a Bama type board.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. He has added nothing for Auburn people. Just a rediculous reply. :no:

You're right and that is the case 90% of the time.

For the record, it wasn't always this way. Sure, there has always been rival debate on this site between Bama fans and AU fans, but not to the degree of trash-talking it has been for a while. I rarely post here anymore but of the 2000+ posts I have, over 75% of them was rational football talk. No bickering. No name calling. Just rival football talk.

Archived