Some things never change.

rexbo

And while the Alabama recruiter told him that going to Auburn would mean losing to 'Bama for four years, Jackson 's mother was more worried about some of the things, such as drugs and guns, that a few players had gotten into in Tuscaloosa .

The Legend

Decent article but not totally accurate. Bo didn't go to Bessemer. He went to McAdory HS which is near Bessemer. Bottomline of it all was that bama ass't coach Ken Donahue was recruiting Bo and told him he wasn't good enough to start as a freshman. That plus the wisdom of Bo's Mom makes the rest history.

I saw Bo make his first run as an Auburn RB. I turned to my wife and said "this guy is special. He is going to be awesome."

Decent article but not totally accurate. Bo didn't go to Bessemer. He went to McAdory HS which is near Bessemer. Bottomline of it all was that bama ass't coach Ken Donahue was recruiting Bo and told him he wasn't good enough to start as a freshman. That plus the wisdom of Bo's Mom makes the rest history.

I saw Bo make his first run as an Auburn RB. I turned to my wife and said "this guy is special. He is going to be awesome."

September 11, 1982...I was in the upper deck, west stand, 25 yd line.

Yep, that 9/11 we unleashed a terror attack on oposing teams. Too bad Eddie Gran wasn't around then to effectively utilize the RB talents we had.

Yep, that 9/11 we unleashed a terror attack on oposing teams. Too bad Eddie Gran wasn't around then to effectively utilize the RB talents we had.

Good point, we may have seen a real life incarnation of Tecmo Bo.

Archived