clemson vs UAT

TigerDad

Just had one of the regular sale reps in the office, a Clemson grad. He asked me what's up with the bama fans-He said the the Clemson boards have been invaded by the most idiotic nonsense from the Sabinators :homer: . He said that compared to the discussions prior to game with :au: , these folks are "arrogant idiots", who look like they "type with their feet." He said that unlike :au: fans who mostly were interested in talking football, all these idiots can do is rant about a "MNC next year, kicking some Clemson ass as a start to breezing through the SEC west etc." He also asked why all their fan's have to use some form "sabin" in their sigs. I told him that he didn't understand the uat koolaid and crimson colored glasses world view we put with 364 days a year!! I told him that beating the only shut them up for maybe one day!!

Just had one of the regular sale reps in the office, a Clemson grad. He asked me what's up with the bama fans-He said the the Clemson boards have been invaded by the most idiotic nonsense from the Sabinators :homer: . He said that compared to the discussions prior to game with :au: , these folks are "arrogant idiots", who look like they "type with their feet." He said that unlike :au: fans who mostly were interested in talking football, all these idiots can do is rant about a "MNC next year, kicking some Clemson ass as a start to breezing through the SEC west etc." He also asked why all their fan's have to use some form "sabin" in their sigs. I told him that he didn't understand the uat koolaid and crimson colored glasses world view we put with 364 days a year!! I told him that beating the only shut them up for maybe one day!!

Sounds about right.... :roflol:

:au::homer:

this thread seems about 95% made up. I believe your sales rep is a Clemson fan, I believe he said the word Alabama... everything after that sounds like normal propaganda from this forum.

But I'll humor you anyway, if you can find a forum where this is happening from more than .01% of the Alabama community than I'll give you credit for being a "good" reporter, instead of one that is obviously agenda driven.

This morning on our local sports talk show, a regular Bama caller was ripping Les Miles for his comments and somehow went off a tangent about how every team in America along with their fan base will get hyped to play Bama just because of who they are. 7-6 or 3-8 or whatever doesn't matter when you're Alabama. Everyone wants to beat you.

And then he went on to say......

Wait for it......

"I guess everyone just has an inferiority complex."

By the way, I have no link. :big:

this thread seems about 95% made up. I believe your sales rep is a Clemson fan, I believe he said the word Alabama... everything after that sounds like normal propaganda from this forum.

But I'll humor you anyway, if you can find a forum where this is happening from more than .01% of the Alabama community than I'll give you credit for being a "good" reporter, instead of one that is obviously agenda driven.

you've obviously never been to crapstonereport.com :no:

I belong to an :au: forum to discuss sports with like minded fans, I don't lie , stretch the truth or BS to "flame", I have had enough of that in my liftime rearing 2 children dealing with their adolescent years. If your are an :ua: fan , and do not understand how the rest of the sporting world views most of your fellow fans who post on forums, than you need a reality check--If you don't understand then you are welcome to view my, as well as fellow :au: fan's post's in a effort to expand your world view. I will not debate with your views just as I learned not to try and debate my adolescent children. As my grandfather told me "when you argue with an idiot an independent observer has a hard time telling the two apart."

Most Alabama fans on message boards are pretty confident they are going to win the game, which is just baffling to me because they don't have anywhere near the experience or talent clemson does.

This morning on our local sports talk show, a regular Bama caller was ripping Les Miles for his comments and somehow went off a tangent about how every team in America along with their fan base will get hyped to play Bama just because of who they are. 7-6 or 3-8 or whatever doesn't matter when you're Alabama. Everyone wants to beat you.

And then he went on to say......

Wait for it......

"I guess everyone just has an inferiority complex."

By the way, I have no link. :big:

Heard the same exchange Esquire. Nothing like Bammer logic. Also heard a guy last week on the same program state that since Tony Franklin's spread system has been sold for several years, it should be easy for Bama to defense. In fact, he seemed to think Bama would have no problem whatsoever with AU this year. I actually know the guy, and yes he's a Bama grad and a REC member in good standing. My theory is that he's mixing to much bourbon with the koolaid.

Apparently you've never met Gridiron on this very message board before. I swear, if some of you bammer fans would actually venture out, into the Real World...incognito, and asked a knowledgeable fan of what he thought about your precious football team, you might be shocked what was said. I say incognito; because if the fan is knowledgeable of college football, then they'd know, because of their experiences at nearly every Wal-mart, Waffle House, and/or NASCAR events, that it would be best not to tell the bammer fan the truth, unless you want a fight to break out. Or, if you're like me, want to see their face get as read as their entire outfit...that is unless their outfit is Black/White checkered, like their schools past and present.

My Uncle (a Bama fan, not grad) emailed my dad and I today. The highlights include (direct quotes):

"I hope Auburn takes its best shot as I expect it will be the last for many years to come, maybe a decade."

"We need another 2 years of excellent recruits to go for number 13 national championships, which I expect to happen soon."

"Coach Saban has dismissed many of the drug dealers& criminals from the Sula regime so we will start at least 6 freshmen."

I enjoyed the delusional ideas about dominating Auburn, winning a national title, and the best part: blaming all problems on the old staff. Good times. Love my Unc.

Thank you. Thank you for for proving (once again) that uat fans are THE most delusional & fanatical people since the Nazis. I've been an AU fan since 1969 and I've often wondered when the uat fanbase will "change." The more I see & hear of you people, the more I'm convinced that y'all just can't help being yourselves and that it's in your DNA. You're just well ... like that. WDE and it's (always) great to be an AU Tiger.

I think every fan base has some stigma attached to it for their online fans

From what I have encountered, Bama fans in real life seem like good people and most online are too but every time we have played Alabama the last few years, our forums are invaded by people who start ranting about how we don't have their NC's and how their history is so much better.....really do live in the past. Nothing wrong with that either as we re-live the Walker years too but to the extent they do....I dunno about that

I've been mostly lurking on this site for almost a year now, I hope no one here thinks of me as "delusional" or otherwise for coming to this site. Of course, unlike most Bama fans, I actually like AU and pull for them in every other game other than the Iron Bowl (though I was pulling for AU Dubose's last year :big: ).

I only visit a couple of Bama sites, that are not the "main" Bama sites - there are as many annoying Bama fans as Auburn fans in my opinion on the more mainstream sites - which is why I stay away from them. I prefer this site over some of the other AU sites because the majority here seem realistic and genuinely interested in football and not just bashing for the sake of it.

As for Clemson, if Clemsons young offensive line can muster up just an average performance then I see Clemson winning this game. I do think that Bama could win, just think Bama has more unknowns and would need more young players to 'step up'.

Oh, and my son starts auburn this year, so since my money is now going to auburn doesn't that get me some sort of "special credit" on an auburn site?? :big::big:

I've been mostly lurking on this site for almost a year now, I hope no one here thinks of me as "delusional" or otherwise for coming to this site. Of course, unlike most Bama fans, I actually like AU and pull for them in every other game other than the Iron Bowl (though I was pulling for AU Dubose's last year :big: ).

I only visit a couple of Bama sites, that are not the "main" Bama sites - there are as many annoying Bama fans as Auburn fans in my opinion on the more mainstream sites - which is why I stay away from them. I prefer this site over some of the other AU sites because the majority here seem realistic and genuinely interested in football and not just bashing for the sake of it.

As for Clemson, if Clemsons young offensive line can muster up just an average performance then I see Clemson winning this game. I do think that Bama could win, just think Bama has more unknowns and would need more young players to 'step up'.

Oh, and my son starts auburn this year, so since my money is now going to auburn doesn't that get me some sort of "special credit" on an auburn site?? :big::big:

You sir are a rare breed, the kind of bama fan I can like. Defend your team but don't get obnoxious on a rival's board. To bad most of your brethren here don't understand that.

My Uncle (a Bama fan, not grad) emailed my dad and I today. The highlights include (direct quotes):

"Coach Saban has dismissed many of the drug dealers & criminals from the Shula regime...

So since he said "many of" instead of "all of", I guess he's admitting there are still "drug dealers and criminals" on the team? ;)

I only recall two SPUATers off the team for criminal behavior: JJ and the armed robbery kid (name?). 2 = many? Of course, my memory may be flawed, but by my math wouldn't that make 8 of the 10 arrested since last summer remaining on the team? (Maybe some have graduated/left for other reasons, though...) Plus of course the Textbook Mafia who never faced criminal charges for trying to defraud the university and steal state funds. [if they miss out on the Fulmer Cup MNC, however, that gives them a ready made excuse: "..But some of our crooks didn't get counted in the Fulmer Cup standings!"]

The comments initially attributed to the Clemson fan make me reflect on how refreshing it might be to live further away from Sabanmania. :rolleyes:

"Coach Saban has dismissed many of the drug dealers & criminals from the Shula regime...

How the hell does this guy get credit for dismissing a player who is in police custody, kicked out of school, and will be behind bars for many years. I know that he had to officially make a statement and all, I am not saying he did anything wrong, but if I hear one more person say that he dismissed all these bad players I will lose it. The dismissed players have kind of done that themselves with the whole guns and drugs thing.

I try to defend my team with reasonable thoughts (I know, I know, its hard to find a bama fan that does that). Ill be the first to admit that we do live in the past most of the time. We are proud of the past, but the past doesnt win football games in the present.

When crap hits the fan, the last few years have sucked being a Bama fan. I think we hold onto something thats not there anymore (obviously). Bama fans have got to realize that we need to make a name for ourselves, and talking crap about the 1970's isnt the way to do it. Im not saying we shouldnt be proud of the past, but we have got to prove ourselves in the present. It is very "what have you done for me lately."

Archived