Tana Patrick visited AU w/ mom

T_in_HSV

The rumor mill is saying Tana Patrick visited AU with his mom...That is a good hint that he is quite serious...

He is a bama lock......silent commit..............yada...yada..yada.... B) FWIW, I think he is.....lol. Better to bet for Saban than against him in 'cruitin....

I think it is safe to say he won't be coming to Auburn. But Gosh, I hope he does come to us. He'd be a great pickup and it would be nice if Tuberville could actually get a top recruit away from Saban.

It's not a rumor...Rivals is reporting he visited with Momma.

Jerrell Harris

Courtney Upshaw

Donta Hightower

Rolando McClain

Nico Johnson is a Bama lock.

That's five linebackers that will see playing time in the next three years. Patrick will have a lot of competition, which in my opinion serves better for Auburn and Georgia.

I really think Tana Patrick goes elsewhere. Auburn's been on him the longest and was the first to offer him a scholarship. I remember showing him around on his unofficial visit last year - the kid is enormous. As long as AU's defense keeps playing at the level they have been, I think we have a good shot.

"This class will win a national championship before I get out of school, and you can quote me on that."

Alabama QB signee Star Jackson

If I had a dollar for every time a recruit said that, well then I could afford Scouts, Rivals, and AUundercover.

"This class will win a national championship before I get out of school, and you can quote me on that."

If I had a dollar for every time a recruit said that, well then I could afford Scouts, Rivals, and AUundercover.

Kind of like Ryan Periloux saying he'd start as a fresman and win 2 heismans...give me a break...

Well you gotta admit he was right. Recruiting national championship 13 and counting Wol Tahd

Kind of like Ryan Periloux saying he'd start as a fresman and win 2 heismans...give me a break...

Hey, who's to say he won't win two Heismans at Jax St? He's got two years left to try. B)

If I had a dollar for every time a BAMA recruit say that, well then I could afford Scouts, Rivals, and AUundercover.

Fixed that for you. <_<

If I had a dollar for every time a BAMA recruit say that, well then I could afford Scouts, Rivals, and AUundercover.

Fixed that for you. <_<

Please. Every recruit says that.

What, now this magical "evil Alabama" influence that makes kids who play for Bama the bad guys and kids who play for AU the hero, extends to 17 year olds who haven't even taken their first class in Tuscaloosa?

And don't gimme that "we go after humanitarians, you go after criminals" crap. You guys offered Star too.

I know, I know. You didn't want him.

Back to the topic. You guys could do a lot worse than Patrick. He's good.

I wouldn't put much hope in landing Tana Patrick.

I'd be surprised, though not shocked, to see him anywhere besides Tuscaloosa. He's Alabama's to lose.

It's not a rumor...Rivals is reporting he visited with Momma.

Jerrell Harris

Courtney Upshaw

Donta Hightower

Rolando McClain

Nico Johnson is a Bama lock.

That's five linebackers that will see playing time in the next three years. Patrick will have a lot of competition, which in my opinion serves better for Auburn and Georgia.

I really think Tana Patrick goes elsewhere. Auburn's been on him the longest and was the first to offer him a scholarship. I remember showing him around on his unofficial visit last year - the kid is enormous. As long as AU's defense keeps playing at the level they have been, I think we have a good shot.

That is a lot of competition, but UA has no depth at LB. Patrick could still see early playing time in the rotation over the next few years behind the guys you mentioned above. As you stated, he'll see Auburn's D have a good season this year and hopefully he'll be a Tiger on NSD.

That is a lot of competition, but UA has no depth at LB. Patrick could still see early playing time in the rotation over the next few years behind the guys you mentioned above. As you stated, he'll see Auburn's D have a good season this year and hopefully he'll be a Tiger on NSD.

You guys can't use that "no depth" argument anymore. Not when we signed FOUR 4 star LBs last year (two of whom were Rivals 100s), have a returning Freshman All American at LB, will sign Nico Johnson (Rivals 100) this year...

We may not have PROVEN depth, but we have PLENTY of competition. And usually proven depth means the guys will graduate in one or two years. So your point isn't a good one.

Now, you would have been better to argue that we play a 3-4 scheme that uses MORE LBs, thus diluting the competition as you've increased the positions getting reps on gameday.

You guys can't use that "no depth" argument anymore. Not when we signed FOUR 4 star LBs last year (two of whom were Rivals 100s), have a returning Freshman All American at LB, will sign Nico Johnson (Rivals 100) this year...

We may not have PROVEN depth, but we have PLENTY of competition. And usually proven depth means the guys will graduate in one or two years. So your point isn't a good one.

Now, you would have been better to argue that we play a 3-4 scheme that uses MORE LBs, thus diluting the competition as you've increased the positions getting reps on gameday.

Sure we can...Signing them doesn't give you automatic depth. They are still freshmen that have never been on a college field before. Those players may end up good...but they could also end up a group of Chriss Capps clones.

Sure we can...Signing them doesn't give you automatic depth. They are still freshmen that have never been on a college field before. Those players may end up good...but they could also end up a group of Chriss Capps clones.

Yeah, that's why you ALWAYS see schools signing multiple Rivals 100 QBs in the same year <_<

Explain why UF had all those decommits a couple of years ago when they had that riduclous class. It wasn't because they had too FEW badass WRs and LBs commited.

The rumor mill is saying Tana Patrick visited AU with his mom...That is a good hint that he is quite serious...

He is a bama lock......silent commit..............yada...yada..yada.... B) FWIW, I think he is.....lol. Better to bet for Saban bailing him out of jail someday than against him in 'cruitin....

Fixed that for you.

Not a comment on Tana Patrick. It just seems to happen to kids under Satan's Saban's watch. I'm sure that Patrick is a model citizen. If his mom is going on recruiting trips, it sounds like he has good family support. Then again, so did Simeon Castille.

Fixed that for you.

Not a comment on Tana Patrick. It just seems to happen to kids under Satan's Saban's watch. I'm sure that Patrick is a model citizen. If his mom is going on recruiting trips, it sounds like he has good family support. Then again, so did Simeon Castille.

So Simeon has character issues? Simeon's a bad kid?

Wow, that's news.

BS, are you questioning our questioning of a castilles character???

The dad who uses god to fill his bank account and parks in handicap spaces?

Tim, who thows his helmet on the field like a child when his HC doesn't go for it on the goal line??

Simeon, oh lord, simeon. Trash talker to rival Fred Smoot and gets arrested???

The poster name has changed to bamagrad03, but he's still bamastudent, or BS....

Tim, who thows his helmet on the field like a child when his HC doesn't go for it on the goal line??

The poster name has changed to bamagrad03, but he's still bamastudent, or BS....

Now, you're dogging Jerimiah and Tim...two of the most likeable, sincere, and nice guys you'll ever hang around.

Awesome! Nothing like running down good people because they are associated with your rival football team.

Now, you're dogging Jerimiah and Tim...two of the most likeable, sincere, and nice guys you'll ever hang around.

Awesome! Nothing like running down good people because they are associated with your rival football team.

I think he was dogging them for the reasons he posted, not because they are rivals of his team. Not saying I agree with his reasons, but he did list reasons, not just say because they were bammers.

:thumbsdown: BG, :thumbsdown:

You are a complete idiot if you lost the meaning of BiggestAUfan(s) Post!.Geesh! :rolleyes: a child could get the gest of what he was trying to say.

I think he was dogging them for the reasons he posted, not because they are rivals of his team. Not saying I agree with his reasons, but he did list reasons, not just say because they were bammers.

The reasons he posted weren't substantial enough to call into question one's character...ESPECIALLY considering each of those have a noted history of being class acts.

I mean trash talker? Really?

If someone uses those paltry reasons to come to the conclusion that a kid has poor character, then the OBVIOUS reason they came to that conclusion is because they play for the rival team. Otherwise, BiggestAUfan would think Tray Blackmon is a sorry SOB, and the Irons brothers are total classless losers.

BG.....If those statements are true then he isn't "running them down", that's called "calling it like it is". We constantly experience Bammers that are delusional, but now your emotions for the team are affecting your ability to communicate with vernacular used by the rest of the world. DOOD.....get a grip.

The original point was that: "good kids go bad under CN$". Castille and Johns both had a lot of family support and weren't bad when they showed up at "The Capstone". They each had issues of varying degrees, but each got worse under CN$. BTW, Trey Blackmon started out with problems, got severe suspensions and got it fixed.

As a Bama fan you should be embarrassed that your fan base isn't in a complete outcry over the poor control that CN$ has over the team. If you really care about your team and not just winning, you would be in an outrage over that instead of downplaying Castille's actions on the strip because he's a good guy.

Take a cue from "Southlink". He is calling his team out for some Dui's and they haven't done nearly what has happened at "The Capstone". To borrow a tacky, overused Bammer word: Southlink's actions are "Classy". I have yet to see that from any Bammers.

Archived