Dollard Dismissed

AUHonors

So does this just continue the excuse of not having enough scholarship players on the team, or will people finally realize that Lebo is not the man for this job?

Looks like Lebo is getting ready to set himself up again for another down season. This has gone on long enough! Either he is a poor judge of character or cannot connect with the players. Either way, things need to change and now!

Ha! The Basketball fans that have been ecstatic on the arrival of Dollard and others to return are like the football Bama fans with their recruiting class. Always looking forward to the future and never enjoy the current moment in time.

I like Lebo and won't claim he needs to be fired at all anytime in the next couple of years. I am an advocate of letting a man have his time, especially where there is little fan support at the school.

The excuses on next year have officially begun! We already have the facilities excuse going on. Here is excuse #2. What's next?

Ha! The Basketball fans that have been ecstatic on the arrival of Dollard and others to return are like the football Bama fans with their recruiting class. Always looking forward to the future and never enjoy the current moment in time.

I like Lebo and won't claim he needs to be fired at all anytime in the next couple of years. I am an advocate of letting a man have his time, especially where there is little fan support at the school.

The excuses on next year have officially begun! We already have the facilities excuse going on. Here is excuse #2. What's next?

what a surprise. Pchump, do you have to work hard to be such an egotistical ass or does it come naturally? You really are a sad case, pc. Very sad. Not only do you poor mouth everything that happens at auburn, but downgrade every fan of this university with your "i'm superior and know more than you" attitude. Aren't you a college grad? Isn't it time to grow up? Why the need to poor mouth everything and everybody? Contrary to your arrogant, egotistical, elitist attitude, you are no better than anybody here. I've been convinced for years now that you aren't really an auburn fan, and the more you open your mouth the easier it is to validate it. I don't think I've ever seen a (alleged) fan of a program be so critical of (alleged) fellow fans. You really should seek some counseling.

1) There's nothing to enjoy when your basketball team sucks.

2) Lebo has had four seasons - with four recruiting classes - and has gone 4-12 in three of his four years in the SEC.

3) Entering his fifth season, there are still ongoing problems.

4) Josh Dollard was one of his recruits. As was Joey Cameron. They were both promising players. They are both off of the team.

5) Is there one good thing to say about Jeff Lebo's tenure at Auburn? Find one positive that shows this Auburn team is on the rise, and I'll accept it.

I just see potential with Lebo. I know nothing spectacular has evolved yet, but I am just not ready to throw him under the bus yet. I do understand why some fans want to and I will not call them out on it because I feel they (such as yourself) have a point to question his coaching. I am not making excuses, because God knows I am the one making fun of everyone for their excuses. I am just not convinced yet that Lebo is not right for this program.

And WarTiger - in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws with yourself or your fellow workers / fans. The Auburn basketball fans need to realize that excuses are not the way to go about things. It's OK to accept the fact that a team or program isn't good. I'm sure the Vanderbilt faithful have accepted this fact in their football program. I believe the basketball program is more likely to grow than the Vandy football program, but you see where I am going with this. I cheer for the Auburn basketball team, even if they don't play very well.

I just see potential with Lebo. I know nothing spectacular has evolved yet, but I am just not ready to throw him under the bus yet. I do understand why some fans want to and I will not call them out on it because I feel they (such as yourself) have a point to question his coaching. I am not making excuses, because God knows I am the one making fun of everyone for their excuses. I am just not convinced yet that Lebo is not right for this program.

And WarTiger - in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws with yourself or your fellow workers / fans. The Auburn basketball fans need to realize that excuses are not the way to go about things. It's OK to accept the fact that a team or program isn't good. I'm sure the Vanderbilt faithful have accepted this fact in their football program. I believe the basketball program is more likely to grow than the Vandy football program, but you see where I am going with this. I cheer for the Auburn basketball team, even if they don't play very well.

See, this is the problem I have with you. You DON"T point out the flaws in yourself, ONLY the alleged flaws you see in everybody else. What gives you the right to tell the rest of us what to think or how to feel? Somehow you believe you are almighty and superior to everyone here. Again, you are a sad case. I support all things auburn and would never poor mouth my fellow fans because they support the program even when it isn't doing well. I honestly don't see you as a fellow fan. I'm not sure why you can't understand this is not about making excuses for the basketball program. We KNOW we haven't been very good lately. BUT, We also know the issues within the program that lebo has been faced with. This program was a HUGE MESS when lebo got here. He had to deal with Players leaving, and more injuries than likely any TWO teams combined. They are facts not excuses. Why do you see the need to poor mouth every auburn fan here and think you are so superior to the rest of us? You aren't. Come down off your pedestal.

I might be willing to demand more out of the basketball program, but when more Auburn fans can tell you who Robert Shiver is than Vot Barber can you really expect that much?

Seriously interest in basketball at Auburn is downright embarrassing. Good 6A high school teams bring more fans than AU.

Disappointed in Dollard. Figured he would have learned by now. When partial and season long suspensions don't do the trick, what are you supposed to do?

I'm still optimistic about the direction of the program. Obviously we've had our share of problems. Dollard obviously had his, so I don't think this should be a shock to anyone. I'm not sure if he would have had 1 or 2 years to play since most people believe he sat out last season as part of a suspension. We have a couple of very good players coming in this year (Sullivan and Waller) along with a few supporting guys. We also have a couple of good looking transfers coming in for the 2009-10 season. Recruiting for this year looks promising. I'm confident that we have a clean program which is somewhat nice. Definitely need work in the off the court department. I'm not sure we could've done much about Josh or Quan's problems, but the academic stuff and staying out of legal trouble (as much as I like Frank he had his run in with the law) needs to be an area of focus.

I want Auburn to at least be a respectable program. I'm not sure what our ceiling is here at Auburn for a basketball program, but it can definitely be much better. It's just very hard for me to expect much when I see such dismal support from all angles. There's poor attendance and half that crowd doesn't even hardly like the players or coach, and half the rest are asleep in their seats. I realize that winning brings more fans, but more fans create winning equally as much.

Ok I'm rambling now, so I'll be done. I want to see what this season brings and take a look at it then.

And PChamp I'm glad you can point out all our flaws because you're so incredibly wise and discerning, but I think you need to worry about the board in your eye before you come after the specs in ours.

"I just see potential with Lebo. I know nothing spectacular has evolved yet,"

That's it?

I want Auburn to at least be a respectable program. I'm not sure what our ceiling is here at Auburn for a basketball program, but it can definitely be much better. It's just very hard for me to expect much when I see such dismal support from all angles. There's poor attendance and half that crowd doesn't even hardly like the players or coach, and half the rest are asleep in their seats. I realize that winning brings more fans, but more fans create winning equally as much.

Fans don't create winning all that often. We might help home field advantage, but it's the coach and the players. That's it. There isn't actually a 12th man or sixth man on the field/court.

With that said, the sky is the limit. There is no ceiling. Florida was not a respectable program, and they won two NCs. I'm not saying we are destined to win an NC, but we can sure as hell put forth an actual effort. Are you so sure Lebo has done that?

See, this is the problem I have with you. You DON"T point out the flaws in yourself, ONLY the alleged flaws you see in everybody else. What gives you the right to tell the rest of us what to think or how to feel? Somehow you believe you are almighty and superior to everyone here. Again, you are a sad case. I support all things auburn and would never poor mouth my fellow fans because they support the program even when it isn't doing well. I honestly don't see you as a fellow fan. I'm not sure why you can't understand this is not about making excuses for the basketball program. We KNOW we haven't been very good lately. BUT, We also know the issues within the program that lebo has been faced with. This program was a HUGE MESS when lebo got here. He had to deal with Players leaving, and more injuries than likely any TWO teams combined. They are facts not excuses. Why do you see the need to poor mouth every auburn fan here and think you are so superior to the rest of us? You aren't. Come down off your pedestal.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Maybe Lebo can pull out a season like Georgia did last year. Wake me up when the Fat Lady stops singing. Noone can say that I am not a Bball fan. While I was there I enjoyed some good seasons under Cliff Ellis. I went to many games and If I still lived close I would attend them now even in our present condition. I still watch them on TV and I hope they have some miracles happen this year, but some People need to have a reality check about Lebo.

Fans don't create winning all that often. We might help home field advantage, but it's the coach and the players. That's it. There isn't actually a 12th man or sixth man on the field/court.

With that said, the sky is the limit. There is no ceiling. Florida was not a respectable program, and they won two NCs. I'm not saying we are destined to win an NC, but we can sure as hell put forth an actual effort. Are you so sure Lebo has done that?

So you think Lebo's not trying hard enough?

Name me 1 thing other than playing time to attract any recruit to Auburn over any other BCS conference school? Even with playing time, you still got 4 guys you gotta play with.

Just get to the SEC Tournament

Where anything can happen as we proved last year

Worst to first (I am sticking to "first" dammit since it may be the only time I will be able to say that for the rest of my life in basketball)

Name me 1 thing other than playing time to attract any recruit to Auburn over any other BCS conference school? Even with playing time, you still got 4 guys you gotta play with.

No. I'm not naming you jack.

14-17 (4-12)

12-16 (4-12)

17-15 (7-9)

14-16 (4-12)

14 players dismissed/gone from the team.

Zero trips to the tournament.

Maybe Lebo is trying as hard as he can. It's time for a change. There's not one positive going for this team. So, no. I can't name you one thing other than playing time. And that is exactly why we need a new coach.

14-17 (4-12)

12-16 (4-12)

17-15 (7-9)

14-16 (4-12)

Zero trips to the A tournament.

Maybe Lebo is trying as hard as he can. It's time for a change. There's not one positive going for this team. So, no. I can't name you one thing other than playing time. And that is exactly why we need a new coach.

I hold no delusions of sec titles and sweet sixteens every other year. All I ask is that we make a tournament every now and then. I'd take the NIT. I just don't know how people can continue to defend Lebo. Tell me he's had a whole lot of bad luck and I'll tell you more than likely he contributed to some of it. My other beef is with the people who say Auburn doesn't deserve any better because of the lack of fan support. If we were flirting with .500 every year in the SEC I promise there would be a heck of a lot of fan support. If we don't make any kind of postseason tournament this year I don't know how we can keep him around.

Can anyone say with certainty why Dollard was suspended last year and why he was kicked off team. From the article I can make several conjectures but I have not found a thread that gives me any definite reason of what his problems are. Anyone?

14-17 (4-12)

12-16 (4-12)

17-15 (7-9)

14-16 (4-12)

I hold no delusions of sec titles and sweet sixteens every other year. All I ask is that we make a tournament every now and then. I'd take the NIT. I just don't know how people can continue to defend Lebo. Tell me he's had a whole lot of bad luck and I'll tell you more than likely he contributed to some of it. My other beef is with the people who say Auburn doesn't deserve any better because of the lack of fan support. If we were flirting with .500 every year in the SEC I promise there would be a heck of a lot of fan support. If we don't make any kind of postseason tournament this year I don't know how we can keep him around.

I think, ultimately, his problem was that his coach wasn't Nick Saban.

Can anyone say with certainty why Dollard was suspended last year and why he was kicked off team. From the article I can make several conjectures but I have not found a thread that gives me any definite reason of what his problems are. Anyone?

14-17 (4-12)

12-16 (4-12)

17-15 (7-9)

14-16 (4-12)

Are the players in school every summer? How bad can your grades be if you are earning a degree in 3.5 years while playing basketball?

Yes, the reason has been common knowledge for over a year now, but you aren't allowed to say it on this board without a link that I promise you will not get. Lets just say, you would side with Lebo.

Let Lebo coach this year. If the record is abysmal as it has been 3 out of his 4 previous seasons, fire him regardless of whatever excuses there are for poor play. Then bring in a new guy who knows how to recruit players that will stay in school and follow rules. 5 years in more than enough time for a coach to show his worth. It's make or break in 2008-09 for CJL, and I think he knows that.

Losing and excuses breeds apathy and disinterest, as we have seen from our fan base for quite some time. But saying that Auburn can't have annual success on the hardwood is naive. Look at Florida before Billy Donovan got there. It was a job that no one really wanted at a football school (much like Auburn), and his mentor Rick Pitino pretty much told him flat out NOT to accept the job. 12 years, a few SEC titles, 9 straight NCAA tourney appearances, 3 final fours, and 2 national championships later, people in Gainesville are pissed off when the Gators won 20 games and made the NIT (which happened last year). This is just one example of a coach going to a traditional football school, changing the attitude, and winning championships.

Like MoWegl, I'm not sure what the ceiling is for basketball at Auburn. But it's definitely not half full arenas (which is being generous) of mostly skeptical fans wondering if Auburn can make it to .500 this year or not so they can hope for an NIT bid.

There is a new arena on the way, which symbolizes a renewed commitment to basketball success at Auburn. If CJL can't show some sort of progress this season on the court, it's probably time to find somebody else to usher in a new era of Auburn basketball.

Archived